Photo

Bug Thread

70 replies to this topic

#61 zelurker

zelurker
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:27 AM

Ranger same kind of problem for next quest : I saw Delon passing by while I was at cromwell's, but when I tried to talk to him he was busy, and just went away.

After a while I decided to try the same solution : C:CreateCreature("DELON") this time I could talk to him and get the quest for the ogrons.

It's harder than the usual ranger quests, but at least it still sort of works !

#62 Kish

Kish
  • Modders
  • 786 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:39 AM

Sorry it took me so long to reply; I've been busy.

I really need to overhaul the ranger stronghold and release an updated version at some point.

For the fighter stronghold problem, I'm more puzzled; the code for it is generally better. I need a list of what mods you have installed.

"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Miles Vorkosigan

"The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real."
--Aral Vorkosigan

#63 zelurker

zelurker
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:04 PM

Ok, very long list of mods, + it slightly evolved since then, it was a very long time ago now (I was at the beginning of SoA then, I am now in ToB !). But I still have savegame just before exiting the stronghold after defeating the trolls, Nalia starts the buggy dialog when you exit, so I quickly tested it, and it still happens.

Here is the list then...

Spoiler

... but if I remember correctly I tested quite thoroughly this specific bug and tried to uninstall almost all the mods until there was almost nothing left and it still happened. I have the savegame if you want.

Except that...a few details I noticed but didn't post because I didn't think you would come back anytime soon :

- Aerie : the end of here cleric stronghold is quite strange. We had to assault the talos temple, except the soldiers there didn't help their mistress, so it was just more or less an assassination. Then when returning the priestess who sent us told Aerie served beyond what could be expected and never talked to us again after that. No reward, nothing.

- Jaheira : it ended with the sort of beholder inside the kid. After defeating the beholder, the kid stayed on the ground sleeping, there was no way to wake him up, so I just left. I thought I would meet him again later, but no, nothing. When she reached level 14 she was summoned for a duel which was ridiculous for her level, she crushed her opponent and it was the end of it, she was a great druid, nothing else.

- Minsc : finally I could finish his quest correctly with the help of the console commands and get cerberus.

- Imoen : refused to do the mages stronghold, it's understandable, good idea.

That's all the 5th in my party was Kelsey from a mod so he had no stronghold.

Edited by zelurker, 01 March 2018 - 12:43 PM.

#64 zelurker

zelurker
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:13 PM

And a last bug I just noticed : on the character information screen for Jaheira I now see "great druid" and "great druid" for her class. I hadn't noticed before because she still has her fighter abilities thac0 and everything, and the xp caps are good too. So everything seems good, it's just the text, you don't see warrior anymore. And in EEKeeper her class is still warrior / druid.

So it's probably nothing to worry about, I just post it to be complete !

#65 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7472 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:21 AM

From kish0411.baf:

IF
    Dead("OBSSOL01")
    Dead("OBSSOL02")
    Dead("OBSSOL03")
    OR(5)
    Global("KishEdwinMageStronghold","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("KishJanMageStronghold","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("KishNaliaMageStronghold","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("KishAerieMageStronghold","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("KishImoenMageStronghold","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("SpawnTeos","AR0411",1)
END

This block needs a "Global("SpawnTeos","AR0411",0)" check, or it will be an "always true" script block that blocks all following script blocks.

#66 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7472 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:25 AM

Another thing:

From npc_strongholds.d:

A_S_T OBSSOL01 25 ~Global("MultipleMages","GLOBAL",0)
Global("KishAerieMageStronghold","GLOBAL",0)
Global("KishEdwinMageStronghold","GLOBAL",0)
Global("KishImoenMageStronghold","GLOBAL",0)
Global("KishJanMageStronghold","GLOBAL",0)
Global("KishNaliaMageStronghold","GLOBAL",0)~

Global("MultipleMages","GLOBAL",0) should be Global("KishMultipleMages","GLOBAL",0), I think.

#67 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7472 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:39 AM

Hello Kish,

I think you need to set the variable Global("PCSphere","GLOBAL",1) if the player choses the sphere stronghold for himself, since you add this state trigger to all of Teos' original sphere quest dialogues. So, if this path is chosen, Global("PCSphere","GLOBAL",1) needs to be at "1":

CHAIN MGTEOS01 MultipleMages2 @2001
END
+ ~Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL) OR(2) Global("PlayerHasStronghold","GLOBAL",0) Global("PCSphere","GLOBAL",1)~ + @2002 EXTERN MGTEOS01 PCSphere

Should be:

CHAIN MGTEOS01 MultipleMages2 @2001
END
+ ~Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL) OR(2) Global("PlayerHasStronghold","GLOBAL",0) Global("PCSphere","GLOBAL",1)~ + @2002 DO ~SetGlobal("PCSphere","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN MGTEOS01 PCSphere

#68 Agashi

Agashi
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:59 PM

I could use some help. I've tried to grab strongholds for three different characters now and none of them seem to be working the way they should.  :undecided:

With Haer Dalis, I saw no new dialogue at all. Neither he nor Raelis mentions anything about the deed to the Playhouse upon completion of the Planar Prison quest. Nothing happened even after the party got back to the Inn, went upstairs, and left. Could this be a conflict with the Haer Dalis romance mod from SHS?

Edwin got ownership of the Planar Sphere from Lavok, and everything was fine until we got the first quest from the Solamnic Knights. Edwin wanted to... kill them? (I forget), so I interjected and chose to try and help them out instead. Everything went smoothly and we sent them home, but then nothing else happened. No appearance from Teos or the apprentices, even after resting inside the Sphere multiple times. 

The issues with the Ranger stronghold have already been reported, it looks like, but I just wanted to add that Valygar seems to be bugging out as well; it isn't just Minsc. With Valygar, I was able to get the dialogue between him and the Mayor that got him the cabin, but a few days of in-game time later, Mairyn spawned outside the De' Arnise Keep area, and wouldn't initiate any dialogue. Clicking on her just get us the "I need to talk to the ranger," line, while clicking on her with just Valygar selected does nothing. 

Any help anyone can offer would be really appreciated at this point. I really like the concept of this mod and would love to see all the content!  :thumbsup:

#69 Piquero27

Piquero27
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:10 AM

With Haer Dalis, I saw no new dialogue at all. Neither he nor Raelis mentions anything about the deed to the Playhouse upon completion of the Planar Prison quest.

The issues with the Ranger stronghold have already been reported. 

For Haer-dalis, you can only get the playhouse if your Charname is also a bard, wich is indeed a bug.

For the ranger stronghold you can go to the temple ruins inmediately after getting the cabin and rest there, Mairyn appears and talking to her will spawn the Thombelten party twice but can be finisheable that way.

I don't know how the rest of the mod plays cause im still early in the game but yeah, hopefully it'll get better :)

Edited by Piquero27, 03 May 2018 - 06:11 AM.

#70 Agashi

Agashi
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:25 AM

Ah, I see. I guess the Haer Dalis run is a bust then.  :( Thanks so much for the response. I'll try that with Valygar and hopefully be able to finish that playthrough, at least. Cheers!

#71 Piquero27

Piquero27
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:41 AM

Ah, I see. I guess the Haer Dalis run is a bust then.  :( Thanks so much for the response. I'll try that with Valygar and hopefully be able to finish that playthrough, at least. Cheers!

The way I "solved" it was editing my Character with eekeeper, making him a bard just before talking to Raelis in the planar prison, and revert the change after giving the playhouse to HaerDalis but I don´t know if it will work afterwards. Cheers mate!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users