Opening the GemRB console on Android

android gemrb console soft keyboard

3 replies to this topic

#1 PracticalKat

PracticalKat
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:37 AM

Can I open the GemRB console on an Android tablet? I have Dosbox which has a soft keyboard, but ctrl-space does not open the console (does nothing), while on my linux laptop is does? 

I want to adjust xp using the console ( sps(IE_XP, xxxx) ). For some reason my characters have wildly different xp, even though I started a normal BG1 game.  And it is Imoen who is way behind everyone else..   

Edited by PracticalKat, 18 December 2017 - 01:32 AM.

#2 lynx

lynx
  • Modders
  • 3092 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:00 AM

The starting xp depends on your xp and the npclevel.2da. I don't think it ever matches exactly; maybe it's different in bg1, but in bg2 there aren't even entries for all the levels, so sometimes the jump is more noticeable.

if the inbuilt SDL software keyboard doesn't enable you to open the console, I suggest you just edit a gui file like gemrb/GUIScripts/bg1/GUIINV.py and put the cheat calls in there, temporarily. Use GemRB.SetPlayerStat(pcPartyNum, IE_XP, xxxx).

GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Looking for Planescape: Torment testers
Market android version IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE: reported bugs will be ignored! Still looking for builders ...

#3 PracticalKat

PracticalKat
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:31 AM

Thanks lynx, I'll give it a go..  :)

#4 PracticalKat

PracticalKat
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:04 AM

The Dosbox Gamepad keyboard did it. Opening the console was easy, with ctrl space. Closing it only worked after another ctrl space, and then keyboard down swipe..

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, gemrb console, soft keyboard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users