Photo

Question to projectiles

5 replies to this topic

#1 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6964 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:13 AM

I have an item with the effect "Immunity to projectile (83)" and the Projectile type is "SPBEHBLA - 208"

I have absolutely no idea what that means. I don't even know where to look in IESDP to find out. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• Modders
  • 1672 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:30 AM

The item should protect you from *Beholder Blast* which is used by a number of spells that beholders cast at you, e.g Beholder Fear or Hive Mother Desintegrate and others.

You have probably seen its animation when fighting beholders (SPBEHBLA.bam).

Edited by Roxanne, 19 November 2017 - 01:34 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6964 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:10 AM

Great! Thank you! (Now that name makes sense, too - SPell BEHolder BLAst. It just read as blahblah to me.)

How would I write this down in an item description, especially if the focus is on the spell type and not on protection against beholders (because there are no beholders in this dungeon)?

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• Modders
  • 1672 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:47 AM

Great! Thank you! (Now that name makes sense, too - SPell BEHolder BLAst. It just read as blahblah to me.)

How would I write this down in an item description, especially if the focus is on the spell type and not on protection against beholders (because there are no beholders in this dungeon)?

Which item/dungeon is it? There are some very few creatures except beholders that use these spells - maybe some rare traps...

Edited by Roxanne, 19 November 2017 - 02:47 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#5 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6964 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:47 AM

I guess it's what some of the traps use. It's a mod area of a mod I am finishing which was started by the German community some time ago, so information about the original content is hard to get.

#6 Ardanis

Ardanis

A very GAR character

• Modders
  • 2557 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:14 AM

Projectile immunity is only good against ranged weapons, since there's no other way to specify them. If it's used by a spell, you're better off 206-ing it directly by resource name.

"Uguu~ Boku Ayu."

Before you start breaking wall tiles with your bare fists, ask yourself first - do you truly need it?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users