Your favorite IWD2NPC is.../NPC you miss....

Domi

Your favorite IWD2NPC is...  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thank you for the comments :) I am so glad someone liked Hildury! I know that you sacrifice a bit if you don't bring Nord along (and vice versa), but I always liked a concept of paired NPCs and wanted to try it out. The next version will have some fixes for Hildury to allow you to finish her subplot.

As for the rogue, basically I am trying to figure out atm who the next character I will develop will be, a ranger or Molnea, who will come with one level of rogue and one level of the priest, and can be developped as either or as a multiclass.

I adore Jaemal. Adoreadoreadore. And Diriel.

I would, however, like one more tank, or one more rogue - if I'm a rogue, it means I have two fighters (Sir Nord and Rizdaer), and if I'm a fighter, I have to exchange either of them with Nikosh, and I want to keep them both. That means that I'd either have to be rid of Jaemal or Peony (Diriel/Valeero is a big must, I can't take away my only healer), which I don't want to either, since I love them both and I definitely need two mages. That would be if I played as a mage myself and exchanged Peony with Nikosh, but.. you get the picture.

In any case, awesome awesome AWESOME work. I like all of the NPC's more or less, and it has definitely improved IWD2 by bunches!

Nice to see CC finally joined up. ^^

Although I am suprised you didn't add: *glomp* in there with Jaemal and Diriel mentioned so often. :party:

Anyways, my vote goes to Rizdaer.

He's pretty intriguing as a character, a versatile fighter, and his romance in my opinion has got to be one of the best I've seen in some time.

Well its either that or I have a love for the Drow as well... which is weird because the darthiir and tieflings usually get bonus points from me if likeable, and Tiefling females especially so. :)

Uh oh, I'm fantasizing again! :):band:

*cough* Personally I found bringing Nikosh around, party balance wise didn't really flow well with things. Multi-classing Salomeya was a definite no-no, since her skills became reduntant that way. Personally I don't mind the halfling all that much, and he is somewhat amusing; but yeah, his stats and my playing style just didn't match. :party:

Either way, I'm more in favor of another rogue class, that is not a bard. :D

Again, I vote 1 for Rizdaer! :bday:

And yes, brillant work Domi. If it wasn't for this project, I'd possibly not even look at IWD2 ever again... not after all the nonsense that I put up with from a non-NPCProject version. :party:

My favourite character is Nord, definitely. I was always tired of typical paladins ( I guess I'm not the only one) and here we have someone who has style and personality, and all in all a very likeable character. Like a cool father-figure. My other favourites are Diriel and Salomeya, I like to add them to my party so I can see how they play on the nerves of the others. I also like their cold and logical thinking, and both of them are well built and interesting characters. I always like to play a group of mixed aligments, because it's just much more interesting that way, and I'm happy that there are so many different aligments in this mod.

I've yet to try out Nikosh, Rizdaer and Prachi, but I'm more interested about the latter. The only one I don't really like is Jaemal, he's just not my type of character (way too much drama)

But all of them are very well done, and I'm a bit mad that there aren't enough people to appreciate it.

Seriously, I think this is the best npc mod out there by far, along with the BG1 npc mod.

Seriously, I think this is the best npc mod out there by far, along with the BG1 npc mod.

I'd have to agree it's awesome though Rizdaer is my favorite because he's the sweet tortured soul type and because he's a drow followed by Diriel who I have to agree that his "cold and logical thinking" is what appeals to me me for I'm a pretty logical person myself.

Reading through these has me very worried about the romance epilogues. I don't think I'm going to find a happy ending anywhere :( I'm not very far into it but I was hoping for long happy lives for both Jaemal and Rizdaer. I'm still waiting to see if Diriel grows on me. I'm generally not one for evil genecidal fanatics. But hey, I'm still in the prologue.

Voted "other". I like Nikosh, but I don't always want to bring him or play a thief, you know? As for my favorite...I'm torn so, so badly between Diriel (who is a very nice break from the "chaotic goody-goody-two-shoes elves") and Rizdaer (who's a drow done right). I pretty much chose who to vote for (Diriel) by flipping a coin.

So far it's a toss up between Sir Nord and Rizdaer. If not for the paladin's blighted oath of chastity my cleric might well be one of the young women swarmin' around him like blowflies... And I suspect Rizdaer would be mortified by how often I want to say Oh, honey, give him hot chocolate and wrap him in a blanket, and tell him it can all get better, really.

Diriel died. In the Underdark. It was very sad. (I didn't actively kill him, but didn't see much point in resurrecting his genocidal arse, either, the nasty-mouthed xp-sucking parasite that he was...)

And Hildury is such a sweetie.

Am really liking all the characters so far - they seem very three-dimensional and well-written.

So far it's a toss up between Sir Nord and Rizdaer. If not for the paladin's blighted oath of chastity my cleric might well be one of the young women swarmin' around him like blowflies... And I suspect Rizdaer would be mortified by how often I want to say Oh, honey, give him hot chocolate and wrap him in a blanket, and tell him it can all get better, really.

Diriel died. In the Underdark. It was very sad. (I didn't actively kill him, but didn't see much point in resurrecting his genocidal arse, either, the nasty-mouthed xp-sucking parasite that he was...)

LOL.. This mirrors my feelings exactly.

LOL.. This mirrors my feelings exactly.

To be fair, I don't think I was using Diriel effectively even outside where his coolest spells weren't nullified. But his personality wasn't a good match for my PC - some of my best friends are humans!

Oho - Jaemal finally made a move. (I don't think dwarven clerics are really his type.) Nice romance talks but, much as I value him as a friend and a party member, I think he'll lose. My affections are already engaged. The sheer and attempted dignity with which Rizdaer walked away from my PC's narrow bed wearing nothing but a blanket... On, honey.

I'm actually a huge fan of Diriel. Probably because he isn't like most elves in other games/mods for games. Diriel isn't Korin. He isn't Coran. He isn't Xan, and he certantly isn't Kivan. The only similarity that Diriel really has to any of those elves, and really only Xan, is that in order to do his romance you have to be an elf, non-drow elf mind you. Diriel also has that cute scene at the tree in Kuldahar, and I think you can actually make him...not want to do his master plan? Can't remember, haven't beaten IWD2 in like a year or so.

Archived