Romance wishlist

Tam

Jealousy: I'm trying to give options for as many kinds of characters as possible throughout the romance, and this is admittedly a situation where there must be room for very different reactions. Some characters would probably see this as a big deal, whether that would be becuase they're jealous of Raelis or because they're worried they will mean no more to Haer'Dalis in the long run, while other characters might not even bring it up. In some cases, it should definitely take more than a single lovetalk to settle the issue.

That said, I'm probably not going to include any reaction that would take more time than the entire rest of the game. ;)

Age: As far as I know, tieflings age the same way as the "base creature". Most tieflings are basically human, and the only official information I've seen used the same ages as for humans (I don't remember who found the information, but thanks, whoever you are). Haer'Dalis is a half-elven tiefling ("My father was an elf, but my mother was no human", or something to that effect can be found in his joining dialogue if you poke him enough), so I assume he will age like a half-elf. I also assume that he won't be very upset about the possibility that one of them will most likely die earlier.

Haer'Dalis is a half-elven tiefling ("My father was an elf, but my mother was no human", or something to that effect can be found in his joining dialogue if you poke him enough), so I assume he will age like a half-elf.

I have to disagree. A human with some fiend blood age as a human, shouldn't an elf with fiend blood age as an elf? HD's mother probably wasn't a fiend but actually a cambion, or more likely another tiefling, making his elven blood very much stronger than his fiendish blood. Half-elf is only used when the other half is human (or at least when there's some human blood in an elven being).

Guest Alaya

Yes, and then perhaps those of us who usually play as Elves don't have to go through the whole "I'm going to live 100 times longer than you will, so, um, I hope that doesn't create a problem with you." little thing. It's nice when your lovers can actually be with you for more than a small percent of your lifetime. Of course, for all those who play other races...eh, what do I care? ;)

Well, I assumed that his mother was a human tiefling, and that would make him a half-elf, except for the small fiendish part. Which I don't think would affect his aging in any way. But I admit that "my mother was no human" could be interpreted in other ways as well.

And I still don't see Haer'Dalis as the type who would say "don't worry, I'll live as long as you do". He'd be more likely to say "don't worry, we'll both die before we get old anyway"...

I agree. Especially with the PC being a child of Bhaal. I mean, what are their actual chances of surviving together?

I'm just thinking what kind of a reaction Haer'Dalis would have if the PC refused the Ascension because of him... shock? Surprise? Even repulsion at trying to cling at the way things are? I don't know. And anyway, this doesn't really concern the SoA part of it, but I just thought I'd share my thoughts. ;)

I'm just thinking what kind of a reaction Haer'Dalis would have if the PC refused the Ascension because of him... shock? Surprise? Even repulsion at trying to cling at the way things are?

If Charname didn't change his outlook on life to that point he could really be surprised at her reaction. She refused to accept something that could last for an eternity for their love - something he doesn't really believe in (or at least doesn't believe it can last).

That's sweet ;)

This has really nothing to do with HD romance, but I have this thing against becoming a god ;) . I mean, why would love be the only reason deny it? I haven't yet played a character in BGII who I think would really want to become a god. I haven't got ToB yet, and the more I read about it, the more I think maybe it is not that necessary to even get it. If the only reason and plot for the ToB is that the pc can become a god, then what is the reason at all play it, if you already know your character doesn't want to be a god ;) .

Ok, back to the topic. So I don't know what happens in the end of ToB, and if love is given as the only reason to deny godhood, but I think if the pc denies it, it shouldn't have to bring any negative reactions from HD. Or at least if the pc can choose another kind of reason for denying.

You can accept godhood or you can't. You can do it because of your loved one or not. Choosing godhood means you become evil, you accept your father's place as a Lord of Murder. I don't think HD would appreciate (at least after you make him believe in your love) Charname leaving him just for pleasure and power...

Well, we're getting into spoiler territory here, and I'd rahter avoid that, but I can say that all these things will be taken care of. Whether you like what happens or not is another matter ;)

About aging - I found a table claiming to be taken from Planewalker's Handbook when I was researching the matter of tieflings and their maximum age. The max age given for tieflings was 100+1d100, and for aasimiar 125+2d20, so it seems that their max age can vary quite lot - much more than that of a normal human. I assume that the table was for tiefling with human parentage. I would also assume that that is only for the typical member of the tiefling race and since no two tieflings are alike, 'typical' becomes even more vague. I think it's a rather interesting twist to the life of a tiefling that the individual in question can only guess how long he or she approximately can live.

You can accept godhood or you can't. You can do it because of your loved one or not. Choosing godhood means you become evil, you accept your father's place as a Lord of Murder. I don't think HD would appreciate (at least after you make him believe in your love) Charname leaving him just for pleasure and power...

You don't necessarily become evil by accepting godhood. It depends on the dialog-options you pick in Pocketplane (and maybe alightment, but I'm not sure about that).

Added: Oh, and if I should actually contribute something to the thread, I think it would be very nice with more planar creatures (then again it would probably also be very time consuming and frustrating for the the moderators and would distract from the romance itself, but hey it's a wish thread...)

I believe the bottom line is that we don't know exactly what happens when you accept the goodhood. And that's the twist of it. ;)

Only character of mine that has leaped for goodhood was LN priestess of Helm who romanced Anomen - tells something of the guy.

Guest Guest

I personally always became a good deity, if I choose Godhood at all, but I'm excited to see what Haer'Dalis will think of it whichever way I choose to go, and for what reasons.

Archived