Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

4 replies to this topic

#1 JPS

JPS

Gibberling three

• Retired Gibberlings
  • 781 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 11:03 AM

To bring the discussion back to tweak pack ideas: there are some conversations in the gae that only take place when a character is wounded. I looked through Jaheira's dialogue files and found two conversations with Aerie and one with Nalia that only happen if they are below 10 hp, and a conversation with Mazzy that only happens when Jaheira is below 15 hp.

Since I usually don't leave my party members wounded after a battle if I can help it, I've never gotten any of these in the game (and I only looked at Jaheira's files, so there could be more of them). The conversations with Aerie, especially, would add a lot to the game, particularly if they have been arguing over a certain main character...

Anyway, it would probably be quite easy to change the conditions from 10 hp to, say, 1/2 or 3/4 of the character's total hp, which would make them a lot more likely to turn up in the game.
"It is difficult to imagine a gibberling social structure. It can be roughly compared to the social structure of lemmings throwing themselves into the sea, or of a school of pirhana in a feeding frenzy. There is no sense, no organization, and no individuality. Though they clearly have a primitive means of communicating among themselves, they have no discernable language."

#2 BigRob

BigRob

The Prince of Worthless Trivia

• Gibberlings
  • 3930 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 04:20 PM

To bring the discussion back to tweak pack ideas: there are some conversations in the gae that only take place when a character is wounded. I looked through Jaheira's dialogue files and found two conversations with Aerie and one with Nalia that only happen if they are below 10 hp, and a conversation with Mazzy that only happens when Jaheira is below 15 hp.

Since I usually don't leave my party members wounded after a battle if I can help it, I've never gotten any of these in the game (and I only looked at Jaheira's files, so there could be more of them). The conversations with Aerie, especially, would add a lot to the game, particularly if they have been arguing over a certain main character...

Anyway, it would probably be quite easy to change the conditions from 10 hp to, say, 1/2 or 3/4  of the character's total hp, which would make them a lot more likely to turn up in the game.

I also think that's a good idea. The "wounded" dialogues I've written for Aklon all trigger from a certain percent of HP remaining (although I was only guessing that I could do that). 10hp is the verge of death for most high level charaters, so I (and JPS apparently :D ) don't like to leave them there for very long.
Aklon: Traveller. Healer. Warrior. Lover. Coming Soon at G3 (I swear!)

Click here to visit Aklon's G3 page.

Cam is on some kind of crack or something... either that, or it's the influence of Dr. Feelgood. - Icelus

The second confusing thing about Australia are the animals. They can be divided into three categories: Poisonous, Odd, and Sheep.

-Douglas Adams

#3 Idobek

Idobek

Dust Bunny

• Retired Gibberlings
  • 1001 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 03:01 AM

This idea is now included as component of the G3 Tweak Pack.
Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

#4 icelus

icelus

Do you have a flag?

• Retired Gibberlings
  • 1929 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 05:30 AM

This idea is now included as component of the G3 Tweak Pack.

Does this mean it's coded and now available in the next release? If so, :rant:

#5 Idobek

Idobek

Dust Bunny

• Retired Gibberlings
  • 1001 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 05:37 AM

It is in the current release, I just forgot to actually tell anyone.

Edited by Idobek, 12 May 2004 - 05:38 AM.

Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users