Alternate Portraits

Truly excellent work, Mrs Cake, these portraits really capture the style of NWN and the personalities of the NPCs (or at least the ones I know). :)

Thank you so much! With characters like this, getting the personality is really important to me. It's nice to know that people feel that I've managed it.

Whoa.

What can I say? These portraits are absolutely awesome! Shame that I can't see Rizdaer's. Perhaps the link is valid? I have been refreshing my mozilla for some time now and it still doesn't work... ;( Oh well. I *will* eventually see it.

Diriel... Oooooh, Diriel... *gulp* The portrait alone makes me fall in love with a character. smile.gif

And Prachi. Beautiful.

And when I read the character concepts, I realised these are two characters my protagonist would grow close to. And they are not romanceable. Ah.

Domi, now I totally understand what you meant when you said your favourite characters never turned out romanceable in games.

I concur:) Heh, Kulyok has actually spoken also my mind aloud - which is no surprise since I adored Diriel from the beginning (hands over! He is mine! MINE I say! <jk>). And his portrait is FAN - TAS - TIC! Absolutely the best from the pack -- well, i haven't seen Rizdaer's, but from what I have seen Diriel rocks;) *drools*. And Prachi has the second place. Quite interesting is that I already like her even though I generally bore a deep dislike for anything (and everything) lawful. And she is lawful neutral. Hm. On the other hand Xan was lawful neutral too. And me *cough cough* likes *cough* Xan. (Kulyok: :) :) -- because you have done it right, even if in completely different POV than I represent... Also for Domi - for Kivan. And for this mod. It is going to be a blast, we all see it is going to be.... So, when the official alpha?:) <I know, I know you have already answered that. But, hey, we are here to bug you - aka give constructive feedback - so you would have a will and motivation to complete it sooner.. So... when the official alpha?:)>)

Anyway, with Diriel -- thanks one again for the easter egg, Domi, but, well it is *not* a full romance so I am still dissapointed ;( Oh well, I still have Rizdaer to brighten me up;). Can't have everything... just like in the Life of Real;>.

As for the rest of the portraits -- is it just me or does Salma (;>) looks more cute than sexy? Because of her face lines, most obviously. And expression. The dark, perfect IMO eyes are contrasting to much with the soft lines of lips and the lower part of the face. But, oh well, it is surely just me. Me has this bad habit of looking at everything with critic eyes and being perfectionist to the core when I am actually doing anything. That meaning, that I seldom get things completed, as they are never good enough. But that's another tale..:D

Oh, and Jamael is a pleasant surprise, too. I actually think that that is the best Xan portrait I have ever seen... XD Yeah. I know...

And Valeroo. A little bit gothic, but very nice. I don't know of whom does she remind me - and she does... But I know that Diriel looks *just a little bit* like the guy who has played Lestat in this (screwed up) movie "Queen of The Damned"... The book was SO better... But no. I am not even going there...

Edited by Kelenthial
But, hey, we are here to bug you - aka give constructive feedback - so you would have a will and motivation to complete it sooner.. So... when the official alpha?

Heh, soon? :) And thank you for motivation!

I can see it here, and I couldn't(still can't) see it on the main page. But - I don't know, it might be just me, but the hair looks slightly out of place here, a little - maybe because it is too bright, and the skin is much darker?

I can see it here, and I couldn't(still can't) see it on the main page. But - I don't know, it might be just me, but the hair looks slightly out of place here, a little - maybe because it is too bright, and the skin is much darker?

Well, I am not an expert when it comes to drow, but their hair colour tends to be even brighter I guess, from snowy-white to dark shades of grey. Blond also is quite common but I don't know if it is his natural hair-colour or it is just dyed to make Rizdaer look like a half-drow?

It looks fine by my book :)

Well, I am not an expert when it comes to drow, but their hair colour tends to be even brighter I guess, from snowy-white to dark shades of grey. Blond also is quite common but I don't know if it is his natural hair-colour or it is just dyed to make Rizdaer look like a half-drow?

I think Mrs.Cake was matching the original edit we had coloring-wise, so yep, it's a half-drow version of Rizdaer.

Edited by Domi

Oh, I can see it now, too! And I am sorry, but I must say I like it the least;/.. The hair looks just artificial to me, and therefore it doesn't accomplishl it's aim. I mean, Rizd died his hair to not stand out so from the surfacers. With a hair like that every guy would be focusing the attention of every being within a mile radious, like his clothes were afire and clouds of smoke were bursting from his ears. I know, I know, I am complaining and even whining, perhaps, but I still think that it is a bad idea to do his hair in so 'outstanding' way. besides, If I were him and wanted to die my hair so to defy my drow heritage I would die it black. Not only drow seldom have black hair but it would be so much handy for sneaky work, and a stealthy lifestyle... And it would look much more natural.

I think Mrs.Cake was matching the original edit we had coloring-wise, so yep, it's a half-drow version of Rizdaer.

But he didn't have to dye his hair, right? He could, but wouldn't have to unless you decided so :)

It could be that he is a natural blond (no joke intended) and that is why he attempted to pass for a half-drow in the first place but he also had to be of lighter carnation for that I guess - and he is, looking at the portrait, because in the FR books we read about onyx-like skin colour (or was it obsidian...? :) ) and judging from skin tones we can pick for drow in the game (also look=>NWN2) I would say even pure dark elves may have a bit "normal" color to it (a bit healthy pink in it :) )

So still I believe everything is right with the portrait.

Oh, and I do hope somebody understands me, it's 1:30am on my clock and I am pushing my mind to go on :)

I'm just going by the original character portrait under the profiles. It was a portrait that's all over the place as Drizzt and (I think) one of the alternates for Solaufein, with had hair very deliberately changed to yellow-ish, which was the color I was trying to match. If Domi wants it a different color, it can be changed. However,

The hair looks just artificial to me, and therefore it doesn't accomplishl it's aim.

my aim was to get them looking as reminicsent of the what was under the character profiles as possiable while keeping with the IWD style. Anything else, such as changing the hair or skin colour, wasn't within the scope of what I was doing. If you want a dark haired version, Kelenthial, you can PM me and I can make one for you.

Edited by MrsCake