[outdated] Romantic Encounters for BG1! - Call for Testers!

jastey

does it matter I don't have the mods listed as desired for testing compatibility with installed?

It's actually pretty handy getting playtesters on different mod-installs - the variety helps turn up the potential weird bits. Just, let us know which mods you're using, and it'll be great :) (Or include your WeiDU log - you'll find it in your main game folder: copy-paste the contents.)

hehe, I think the others beat me to the punch in explaining :)

but yup, GOG is a seller of the non-EE BG series. They provide an install method of playing BG1, BG2, and TOB all on one save, like, a continuous game (I forget the official name for it?? :/) w/ patches and mod install methods, like the widescreen and bigger font ones. It's not mandatory to play their games, but I prefer to follow their instructions b/c the game is 1) dated and kinda "fragile" for me mod-wise, and 2) their method easy to understand.

and great! thanks for the PM

This mod looks too interesting to pass up, so I would like to sign up as a tester too. I'm actually in the middle of a game of BGEE with a few miscellaneous mods (some installed before beginning the game, some mid-game), so I guess some of these encounters would still be ahead, and I could check out some of the earlier ones from old save points if they require completely fresh loading of an area or creature file. Also, because I have already played through all the content in the Neera romance, and she has nothing more to say to me, I guess my character is free to look elsewhere...?

We don't have "Neera breaks up with you if you visit the prostitutes" content, as far as I know, so, yep, you're free to look elsewhere, definitely. :D

(I'm just one of the contributors, so it's up to jastey to appear and give you the link and access. It's great to have more people!)

If it is still not too late, I would love to test the mod - I am just about to start a new (and heavily modded) game, and this would certainly make for a lovely addition.

PS. I did not register here especially to be able to ask that question. Nope. Not at all. ;)

When you're done testing? I also want to start a new game (BGEE) using a few days off. Somehow I managed to install bg1npc project and it seems to be fine, so if a beta version of RE is still available I would like to try it too.

Archived