Vocal Volunteer

Guest PsyckoSama

Guest PsyckoSama

I just want to put it on the record, if anyone is in need of a Voice Actor I'm willing to give it a go...

Question, what kind of voice are you looking for for Aklon?

I was intending to use my own voice for Aklon, partially because of the large amount of voicing I'm planning on doing and so I can be assured of always finding the actor for alterations and expansions. :)

That said, I'm willing to entertain someone else doing the voicing if they can do it better than me (probably not that much of a feat)

Aklon's voice is intended to be measured and calm (most of the time) but capable of emotion when required. Accent is negotiable.

There are also several other speaking parts I have in mind, some male, some female, which range from cultured and urbane to brutal killers. If anyone's interested, I can put up a basic list of parts which may require voiced lines.

Guest Guest
I was intending to use my own voice for Aklon, partially because of the large amount of voicing I'm planning on doing and so I can be assured of always finding the actor for alterations and expansions. :)

No problem. I'm just looking for something fun to do, and I love acting.

That said, I'm willing to entertain someone else doing the voicing if they can do it better than me (probably not that much of a feat)

Sweet... how much imput would you let the actor have on diologue?

I don't mean rewriting the charater I mean just maybe a new spin on a line or an idea for a rephrase or maybe some diologe ideas. Actors like to get into their charaters, esp if they write too...

The above is just wondering. Don't want to steal any thunder, esp from someone who's been working so long on a project.

Aklon's voice is intended to be measured and calm (most of the time) but capable of emotion when required. Accent is negotiable.

I can do that and I have a decent pitch to my voice so what do you want it do sound like range wise?

There are also several other speaking parts I have in mind, some male, some female, which range from cultured and urbane to brutal killers. If anyone's interested, I can put up a basic list of parts which may require voiced lines.

I'll be up for anything male... :)

If you'd be willing to put up afew lines with notes on how you want them done, I'd be happy to put something togeather. Heck, you need a Gmail address? I have plenty of invites and it would be good for large files...

No problem. I'm just looking for something fun to do, and I love acting.

Sweet... how much imput would you let the actor have on diologue?

I don't mean rewriting the charater I mean just maybe a new spin on a line or an idea for a rephrase or maybe some diologe ideas. Actors like to get into their charaters, esp if they write too...

The above is just wondering. Don't want to steal any thunder, esp from someone who's been working so long on a project.

No problem. The main reason I intended to do the voice was convenience and also becuase I know the character enough to make the changes as required. :)

There are several speech patterns that are inherent to Aklon, but apart from these, I'd let a voice actor play with the lines a fair bit. What looks good on paper is sometimes a real nightmare to say.

If you want to take a look at the Ask Aklon thread, you can see the sort of things he's likely to say. I've tried to stay in character there as much as possible.

I can do that and I have a decent pitch to my voice so what do you want it do sound like range wise?
I don't know the exact terminology, but for Aklon a medium pitched voice, possibly deepening slightly when he shouts and/or gets very angry. The voice is meant to be not especially deep or light. Unremarkable.

I'll be up for anything male... :)

If you'd be willing to put up afew lines with notes on how you want them done, I'd be happy to put something togeather. Heck, you need a Gmail address? I have plenty of invites and it would be good for large files...

I've got a gmail address just for such a purpose. :) I'll have to hurry up and get the quest/banter/interject stuff finalised so I can start looking at complete lines... it might be worth my time to do that sooner rather than later.

I'm interested! Though may be I should mention that I have rather, erm, let's name it interesting voice. But If you need actress for a child... :)

You know... You could be a good contender for Aklon's sister, Cirenya. I envisioned her voice as child-like, so your "interesting" voice could be just what I need.

OK, a preliminary list for voiced parts and some of their motivations and backgrounds:

Aklon (of course)

Cirenya (female): Aklon's sister. Wise, but much more likely to let emotions slip out and colour her speech than her brother.

Ano'Garhm (male): A mage visiting Faerun for purposes of magical experimentation. Urbane, courteous, accommodating, but amoral.

Ano'Rulsia (female): Ano'Garhm's daughter, asssisting her father. Also a mage, with a far more aggressive disposition and vague contempt for anyone she feels does not rank as highly as she does.

Ano'Kaluk (male): Ano'Garhm's nephew. A warrior and Faerun native, acting as guide to his outlander relatives. Not the cleverest of people and a violent personality.

Skolos (male): A Bounty Hunter. Foul-mouthed, but cunning with speech when needed, driven somewhat by fear.

Extraplanar Entity, currently unnamed (Female): Companion of entity below. Smug, self-satified and vaguely sadistic.

Extraplanar Entity, currently unnamed (Male): Companion of entity above. Smug, self-satified and vaguely sadistic.

Others will appear or disappear as I firm up the plots for the quests.

I don't know the exact terminology, but for Aklon a medium pitched voice, possibly deepening slightly when he shouts and/or gets very angry. The voice is meant to be not especially deep or light. Unremarkable.

Well, since I've got nothing better to do, I'll intervene and say it sounds like the exact terminology for the pitch you're describing would be a second tenor.

Erm... sorry, too much choir. :)

Uh... I'll be leaving now. :)

Archived