Romantic Encounters: accepting submissions

Kulyok

How easy to attack someone when you decide to stay anonymous..

First, I'm a writer for this mod, so it does concern me, second; I'm not inclined based on story points and my personal moral to write this. But if you think you have the talent to write this, then by all means, propose it to Kulyok instead of attacking people.

Now now, the fact that I'm not fond of smilies doesn't mean that I didn't mean a ' :) .' Rather, I think this mod is mostly about exploiting the romantic possibilities. No shutting off the borders to a romance pre-maturely! ...And let's not be taking it too seriously.

Then I'd suggest you change your attitude..

I'm a writer for the mod as well, albeit a relatively quiet one... but I don't see how an encounter not written by myself would concern me ;) The components are all selectable for when downloaded, and everyone can choose what they do or don't want. I, personally, wouldn't be interested in an Irenicus encounter, but on the same level, people might not be interested in an affair with Guildmistress Busya or Coran. I wouldn't be offended, and it's up to them -- just as it's up to someone if they want to code Irenicus ;)

I didn't per definition say it wasn't possible. I pointed out that it would interfere with certain plotpoints and that I personally didn't really think it is a good idea.

I do, however, have a problem with anonymous users attacking me personally by accusing me of closed-mindedness.

Well.. it's sad really, it's sad that I still have a sense of right and wrong, that I have a consious and care about how people talk to each other, and most of all that the whole world doesn't seem to care any longer. Tragic, but it cannot be helped, it's how I have been raised.

I've had two Irenicus-related(not necessarily romance-related, but since romance is, inevitably, a part of his story, you could say so) ideas I might just like to implement some day - and RE seems like the perfect place.

It's a bit too angsty for my liking, though, and I wrote _Xan Romance_.

In other news, there's always Lady Melly, though Angelo, who seems to be head over heels with the lady(at least until he says "Hey, you're UGLY" at the Throne of Bhaal) may protest. And, of course, we've got Bodhi already.

(Am I even serious? Seriously, I've no idea. :) )

Hm, I've been playing with the idea of Irenicus encounter for some time; when I couldn't sleep I even wrote a pair of dialogs. Hm, when I look on it now, it definitely needs re-writing on some parts, but maybe it won't be so bad as I thought :)

You can always insert a romantic dialogue with Irenicus in a form or a twisted coupling when he takes PC's soul in Spellhold. It can easily be for both sexes. I am guessing that touching someone's soul and taking it for his is no less of an intimate experience than sharing a bed. The other possibility is that sometimes, in the very beginning of ToB when you go through the Retribution Irenicus shows up.... Could make it mandatory and win by seduction. Heh.

A night with Ellesime is actually quite easy to do in that first Glade in ToB. Hey, she led you there after all.

I can definitely see a romantic bit with Irenicus at or near the soul taking (knowing his methods though, maybe not romantic exactly). He's tried to regain what was lost through intimacy before, and like Domi said, if you're grappling with souls, what's more intimate than that?

I do not think interrupting established sequences will work, even if we hire Gaider to do it. They are already established in the player's mind, adding anything else would be disrupting them, and in many cases, tarnishing the experience. I'd advise against that.

Recently, I received a few PM's about in progress/nearly complete encounters, but it never went anywhere(i.e. I never received any attachments, or e-mail). If you'd still like to participate, please, go ahead. My e-mail address is in Setup-RE.tp2, or simply e-mail to kulyok

at yandex.ru.

Just a reminder: it is spring already, we've got three new encounters, and I'm thinking of adding a Valygar half-romance to the mix, so it's your chance to play - writing good dialogue in .d format is all it takes.

I'm leaving this topic until v3 comes out - you've got time, but not *much* time.

That's not to say there'll be no new submissions after v3 - quite the contrary. If you have a fully written and coded (coded by you or someone else) encounter, go ahead and PM me. I do recommend you to do it for v3, however. :thumbsup:

We've got five new encounters now: two by gertjanvh, one by Domi, one by Western Paladin, and one by yours truly. Add some fixes, and two long and elaborate additional Anomen banters by berelinde, and you'll know that v3 is right over the corner. :suspect:

Thanks to the new authors, and stay tuned!

All ye gnomes, halfling and dwarves - beware! There is a new, uh, gnome in town! Goldander Blackenrock, the gnome with a big light gem, is now available... or not. All courtesy of magrat, and you still haven't seen an encounter she's prepared for ToB... ! I'm off integrating this stuff - a secret link in the workroom to appear soonish.

Anyway, news: as we've got more than enough content to start assembling v3, I think it is time to introduce a deadline of sorts. Let's make it two weeks: on the 7th of April I'm unpinning this thread and pinning a call for beta-testers instead. Do not be late!

Aaand with seven new submissions, a new Bjornin reaction, cumulative Anomen reactions, and a few fixed bugs, it is indeed testing time. You still have time to submit new material before v3 is released, though.

Guest Savoy
I'm still waiting for an Irenicus encounter. Any takers?

There's a loophole in the feelings argument after Irenicus has the player's soul. Another possibility is dream sequences much like what was done with the whole Imoen romance thing or like the existing Sendai sequence. Then again, how many erotic dreams do you want floating around anyways? Then again, if RE was expanded to have NPC interactions like Yoshimo or Viconia hooking up with some random person that could be a gateway encounter.

Archived