Temple of Umberlee

Hello!

I am in the process of overhauling the Temple of Umberlee (Water Queen House) in Baldur's Gate and I was wondering if someone could give some recommendations/suggestions about what kind of items such a Temple may be selling. I have used the Temple of Helm wares and services as template but I'd like to make this one a bit different somehow.

Thanks.

Is it just BG1, or a BGT kind of installation? If it's like BGT, then you have a lot more options. Stuff like holy water or wooden stake, for example.

If you would go so far as to create new unique items, then you could add something called holy water which deal damage to undead ignoring resistance. Or one or two unique magical items. Maybe a Cloak of Protection +2? You could also, say, take the Helm of Glory from the guy whatshisname in Baldur's Gate and add it to the store.

Also some high-level priest scrolls. This is nothing special in BGT or BG2, but in BG it would be something. I mean, in vanilla BG you don't even have 6th-level priest spells, so adding a couple of Heal scrolls to the store would make it quite unique, I believe. If it's only BG, then it's easy to add some scrolls which can't be found anywhere else and make the store special. I did this to one or two stores around Baldur's Gate too.

Edited by ABlake

A scroll or a bowl to summon some water creatures e.g. water elementals.

Or look to the Tenya mod to provide something compatible with that mod.

Scrolls for protection against weather/elements.

A staff+1 or +2 only usable by evil NPC(PC). (advanced version summons water elemental)

Ring of Fire Protection (Water Ring).

A scroll or a bowl to summon some water creatures e.g. water elementals.

Or look to the Tenya mod to provide something compatible with that mod.

Scrolls for protection against weather/elements.

A staff+1 or +2 only usable by evil NPC(PC). (advanced version summons water elemental)

Ring of Fire Protection (Water Ring).

Maybe something compatible with Faith and Powers mod, they added a kit for Umberlee.

I decided to go for two items:

Bowl of Water Elemental Summoning

(summons a greater water elemental - one time use)

and

Necklace of the Oceans

(protection from fire set at 75%)

I was thinking of forbidding their use to good aligned characters since the items above are sacred to Umberlee. I would also like to find some lore to create a fitting description. If anyone has some link that would provide info in that sense, I'd like to take a look.

Edited by Salk