Other class profiles for Minyae, please ?

Dear Jmaeq,

I’ve downloaded recently your new character for BG2, and I have to notice that Minyae is an interesting one, well conceived and written. Well done ! And it’s not impossible I’ll enlist this malicious elfette in my next BG2 game. But there is a problem: Minyae is a multiclassed thief/mage and I think her thief class is useless in BG2, because you have for the thief proficiencies at the beginning of BG2 Yoshimo - and at Spellhold Imoen -, and Minyae is redundant with Jan, multiclassed thief/mage too.

So I give you here my suggestions about the possible class choices for Minyae, and well I don’t think it will be a difficult work for you to implement them:

- single classed mage (standard Mage or Enchanter);

- single classed Thief (or Assassin);

Thank you by advance!

PS: Sorry for my poor English, it’s not my native language…

Dear Jmaeq,

I’ve downloaded recently your new character for BG2, and I have to notice that Minyae is an interesting one, well conceived and written. Well done ! And it’s not impossible I’ll enlist this malicious elfette in my next BG2 game. But there is a problem: Minyae is a multiclassed thief/mage and I think her thief class is useless in BG2, because you have for the thief proficiencies at the beginning of BG2 Yoshimo - and at Spellhold Imoen -, and Minyae is redundant with Jan, multiclassed thief/mage too.

So I give you here my suggestions about the possible class choices for Minyae, and well I don’t think it will be a difficult work for you to implement them:

- single classed mage (standard Mage or Enchanter);

- single classed Thief (or Assassin);

Thank you by advance!

PS: Sorry for my poor English, it’s not my native language…

I don't think I will be implementing a pure Thief or the Assassination kit for her, as this does not make entire sense with her current "character goals" but a pure mage, enchanter, or even an assassin/enchanter is something I will most certainly look into.

Thank you for your kind words and suggestions! :)

Her thief skills are good enough for the basic thief needs: find and set traps and open locks. An enchantress has (compared to Jan) a more restricted spell set (e.g. no magic missile, sequencer). But you will combine her with Edwin anyway. Their banters are much fun. I really love this NPC, if only I could figure out what to do with to 2 pips in dagger and dual wield.

But before to do these changes, of course it would be a good thing that the ToB part will be released, soon I hope. Jmaeq well the ball is in your court now…

Yes, of course. An alternate class (pure Enchanter) has been made for her already, but I wanted to release it when I have another version/more updates for her ready.

And don't worry, the ToB part is already in the works. ;)