Angelo's Portraits

Sister Vigilante

Here you can view the various portraits packaged with the Angelo mod. From right to left:

-The lovely default portrait, custom-created by wonnimchunha

-The original portrait used in the primeval beta, taken from http://cassinus.free.fr (I wonder who it was originally...someone referred to it shorthand as "Cassius," which I find quite plausible)

-A slight edit of the default, done by me: I elongated the face a little, but as a result the colors got a bit washed-out

-Amaurea's wonderful custom portrait

Personally I have no preference for one over another: I often don't have a strong mental image of a character I'm writing, or I have a strange composite image, so any one of these is the "real Angelo" as far as I'm concerned :)

Note: Anything else in there is just silly "fanart" created by me. But it involves the portraits so I consider it fair use.

Edited by Sister Vigilante
How come the colours got a bit washed-out when you elongated the face? I prefer this version, since it gives Angelo a more reasonably-sized slap. However, the colours of the original do go better with the Bioware NPCs, IMO.

I'm not really sure, it looked fine on my computer (and you can see this version in "living color" on the project page). Probably had something to do with the software I'm using--Seashore, a free graphics program for the Mac, which can only work in Jpeg (so I used Mac's default picture viewer to convert back to BMP).

Here's a colorful version with the face elongated for you.

(Sorry I have to post it as a link, for some reason, using image tags never works for me.)

New Angelo Edit

Ah, thanks! :) It may be a long time before the next version of Angelo, but in the mean time, I fully support anyone downloading and using this.

but as a result the colors got a bit washed-out

I could always make a joke about it being a "pale imitation" of the original...

Hey, I finally got around to three-sizing the new edit. Here's a download. Just unpack into your BGII SOA portraits folder (or override) and rename the files ADAngelL, ADAngelM, and ADAngelS.

I also repainted my alternate of Angelo, using some new settings in my PSP program. The three sizes for this can be downloaded here. To install, follow the same instructions as above.

I too would love to see a re-coloured version of Angelo SV. I've got the following portrait versions, all the same size (110x170):

AngelM_V.jpg

ADAngelM.jpg

ADAnge3L.bmp

When I cycle through them the one with the best-proportioned features (IMO) is AngelM_V.jpg (Angelo SV).

I too would love to see a re-coloured version of Angelo SV. I've got the following portrait versions, all the same size (110x170):

AngelM_V.jpg

ADAngelM.jpg

ADAnge3L.bmp

When I cycle through them the one with the best-proportioned features (IMO) is AngelM_V.jpg (Angelo SV).

Sure thing. I might just try to bring up the saturation instead of doing a full-out repaint.

Would anybody like to show the pictures, instead of just pointing url's for them, so it would be easier to compere?

I tried posting a pic attachment at G3 a while ago, but I'm not sure I have the required rights, so.

For the portraits available in version 1 currently, you can just download Angelo and view the portraits locally:

/Portraits folder - the one made by the original artist, wonnimchunha

/PortraitSisterV - the one edited by Sister Vigilante

/PortraitAmaurea - a portrait edited by Amaurea

/PortraitCassinus - a portrait taken from Cassinus's site.