Oi! What's all this then?

CamDawg

The Calling has been quietly sitting in a workroom for over a decade, the proverbial "I'll finish it when I have some time" mod. Thanks to discussions with Domi, jastey, Miloch, and others we do have pretty good plans for all of the quests, the problem is that there was just never enough time to code them.

The first alpha in July 2007 contained the mage quest, and went through a few iterations for bugfixes. Rather than waiting for the rest of the quests, I decided to go ahead and release what I have so far so that players can at least enjoy the one quest available, even if the others plans never get executed. While the mage quest is planned to be class-specific, it's available to all classes in the current release.

DavidW was kind enough to donate his peaceful Kaishas solution from SCS, though The Calling does not include the associated tactical enhancements. The Calling will also be the future home of the Exotic Item Pack from Tweaks Anthology (where it will be deprecated eventually), as it's a better fit thematically and in terms of install order.

Sharp-eved observers may notice additional, unfinished resources on Github or in the current beta. SimDing0 had made a Gnoll Stronghold interior, for which we have plans, as well as donating his Movanic Deva quest from Iron Modder. Neither are finished as yet.

It's great to see this available for public. You know, in every of your hiatus times I was considering stealing integrating this into bgqe but never went through with it, also because you usually returned before I would have had the time. I'm very happy to see the mod on it's own, ready to get the attention and appreciation it desevers!

Class and stronghold specific quests in BG1?! Sounds like cool idea and real novelty. Too bad that it isn't compatible with old vanilla BG ( and yes, I agree this is unreasonable request because it involves boatloads of bother for how many players out there ... 10 maybe ) else I would try it immediately. Thumbs up for the idea! :thumbsup:

Too bad that it isn't compatible with old vanilla BG

This is Cam's next task, after he finishes his TPS reports and the glowing gnoll zombies in the stronghold dungeon (eh, inside jokes... you probably wouldn't want to see what's buried in the ancient forum history for this mod).