Ilbratha short sword - No passive AC bonus

Guest Guest_Kunikos_*

Guest Guest_Kunikos_*

For whatever reason the sword Ilbratha no longer gives the passive +2 AC bonus and Blur spell effect. When I try to use Near Infinity to edit the item to fix it myself, adding 2 to base AC bonus causes my character's AC to go from 5 to -3 instead of the expected 5 to 3. If I try to fix the spell used to the standard Blur spell, without that base AC bonus, my AC goes from 5 to -5. Since I just want the item fixed and not overpowered, I'm a little frustrated. It seems like the Fixpack is the only mod I have installed which affects this item (the mirror image item cast part).

The Ilbratha described here probably belongs to an old version of IR, when I made it work as a permanent Blur spell while equipped. Vanilla's Ilbratha is a simple magical sword which allows the wielder to cast Mirror Image once per day, nothing more.

When I try to use Near Infinity to edit the item to fix it myself, adding 2 to base AC bonus causes my character's AC to go from 5 to -3 instead of the expected 5 to 3.
You're probably doing it wrong. If your AC bonus header looks like this:

* AC value: -2

* Bonus to Base AC (4)

do instead this:

* AC value: 2

* Bonus to All Weapons --> unselect everything

Guest Guest_Kunikos_*

Thanks, that worked. I will now try to add the translucency. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to set the amount properly. Is it a 1-100 value or decimal or something else?

Archived