Installing WeiDu mods on native linux BG:EE

Xywzel

I have EE versions of Baldur's Gate from steam and unix based OS. Is there a way to install any mods that use weidu? The linux installation instructions for most mods seem to expect you to run original Baldur's Gate using wine, even thought they say that they are EE compatible. The EE version seems break if you run tolower, which is the first instruction in prety much every installation guide.

Is there guide or tutorial for how to use WeiDu on linux with EE? Can the tolower be avoided or fixed afterwards?

Without tolower WeiDu gets:

ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:
    ./^dialog\.tlk$

And with it, I can't play. There is dialog.tlk named files in lang/xx_YY folders and DIALOG.BIF in data folder. So is the error from location or naming of the files?

So, renaming xx_YY to xx_yy (ex. en_US to en_us) got me bit forward. The next error is like this, but it does allow to continue.

Couldn't open the readme: file not found.
ERROR: No translation provided for @0
Continuing despite error.

The first error and en_us folder was releated to original game files and the second had something to do with folder expected folder struckture of the mod files. Fixed that with moving the setub script (tp2) out side of the mod files.

Now for every mod or part of one I get list of these:

ERROR: BIFF [./DATA/AR01XX.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(Unix.ENOENT, "stat", "./data/ar01xx.bif")
ERROR: BIFF [./DATA/AR2XXX.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(Unix.ENOENT, "stat", "./data/ar2xxx.bif")
ERROR: BIFF [./DATA/OHAREAS.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(Unix.ENOENT, "stat", "./data/ohareas.bif")

The names are found in original game files but are all uppercase, so no unix equality.

I'm currently trying possible solution from here: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,29259.0.html

Update:

Current results:

* Use recursive script from stackoverflow link in abouve forum to lower case of game files

* tolower all mod files

* Run weinstall

* run restore_files.sh

* run restore_dir.sh

* Run game

* seqfault

With use of my own lower and restore script I have succesfully installed few simpler WeiDu mods, will update once I have more data.

My tolower locks like this:

#!/bin/bash

timestamp=`eval date +%Y%M%d%H%M%S`

# Make Backup
cp -r . ../BG$timestamp

# List original filenames to file sorted by decreasing depth
find -printf '%d\t%P\n' | sort -r -nk1 | cut -f2- > original_files
wait

# Change each files or folders filename to lower case wihout editing path or folder structure
# Store reversing command to temp file
files=`cat original_files`
rename -v 's:([^/]*$):lc($1):e' $files | sed 's/\([^ ][^ ]*\) [a-zA-Z ]* \([^ ][^ ]*\)/mv \2 \1/' &> temp

# Reverse temp file to restore script and make it runnable
tac temp > restore.sh
echo "rm restore.sh" >> restore.sh
chmod +x restore.sh
# Remove temp files
rm temp original_files

And it generates both restore case script in current folder and backup of whole BGEE folder to BGtimestamp folder in parent folder.

Mods should be lowercased with tolower before trying to install them (or even trying to move to BG folder).

Update:

This seems to work with BG1NPC and few other mods, but some mod features are missing.

BG2 Tweeks (which also supports BGEE) segfaults the game if any of rule changes are applied, might be some other tweeks as well.

Most override repleasments won't show up because the filenames are in lower case and thus not valid for replasing original file, but at least they don't cause segfaults.

Archived