'Cannot equip simultaneously' check

Lu_

I've opened PLAT06.itm (Ankheg Plate Mail), unchecked the field mentioned in the title, renamed and saved the item. Surprisingly, when I later opened the original file PLAT06.itm again the field was unchecked (and I could now equip say, a ring or an amulet of protection with it, -- I checked it in the game) How can it be? I can add to this that the file is not even in the Override, it's biffed

Furthermore, when I opened the file again, checked the field, saved, and then deleted, the item became unusable with items of protection (as it was originally, before my manipulations)

So, what the heck?

That field is coming from itemexcl.2da (as readable in its name). If you save the item under a different name, that won't alter the original item's status in itemexcl.2da.

Simply load plat06.itm and check it again. Or edit itemexcl.2da manually.

Right. I've just checked itemexcl.2da, -- it's now in Override. How come? I never asked DLTCEP to extract it

Aha, so checking/unchecking this field doesn't actually edit the .ITM file? Instead it changes itemexcl.2da,right?

Well, you actually did when you unchecked 'read only' in the setup and clicked on the itemexcl checkbox.

Some other obvious? facts:

1. when you change the dialog checkbox, it changes itemdial.2da

2. when you edit an item's description/name it edits dialog.tlk :)

[...] Some other obvious? facts:

1. when you change the dialog checkbox, it changes itemdial.2da

2. when you edit an item's description/name it edits dialog.tlk :)

Well, I wouldn't call these facts obvious (that's why you put the '?' I guess)

For (1), I didn't know it until now

For (2), I learned it (long ago) when by mistake changed a description field instead of ref #. This is surely a very convenient feature

Archived