Install Order for BG2

Kish

If you have Throne of Bhaal:

1) Install Shadows of Amn.

2) Install Throne of Bhaal, if applicable. DO NOT install the Shadows of Amn patch.

3) Install the Throne of Bhaal patch.

4) Install the Baldurdash fixpack for Throne of Bhaal.

5) Install up to one non-WeiDU mod.

6) Install any desired WeiDU mods.

7) Play.

If you do not have Throne of Bhaal:

1) Install Shadows of Amn.

2) Install the Shadows of Amn patch. DO NOT install the Shadows of Amn patch if you have Throne of Bhaal.

3) Install the Baldurdash fixpack for Shadows of Amn.

4) Install up to one non-WeiDU mod.

5) Install any desired WeiDU mods.

6) Play.

Guest Aristothenes

So what happens if you want to install 2 non-WeiDU mods?

Is there a decompiler-compiler that makes it WeiDU compliant, or is one being planned for near future release?

So what happens if you want to install 2 non-WeiDU mods?

The dialog.tlk will most likely be screwed up, since non-WeiDU mods (usually) overwrites the file instead of appending it, like WeiDU mods do.

Is there a decompiler-compiler that makes it WeiDU compliant, or is one being planned for near future release?

You'll need to repack the mod with WeiDU. If it's a small mod, it's easily done. A larger one, however, will require more time.

BG2 Fixpack should now take the pace of Baldurdash in those install orders.

Ok should I then make a clean backup before or after installing BG2 Fixpack. Are there a date for the next release? Itm seems to be nice work, so :)

Heh.

Let me provide a bit of insight into the internal workings of Fixpack releases: the beta was originally scheduled for March 4, but I kept trying to make one last heroic run at the Pending Fixes forum. So while I could offer future release dates, I can assure you that they would be completely meaningless. :D

For a clean backup, probably after the official patch.

Ok should I then make a clean backup before or after installing BG2 Fixpack. Are there a date for the next release? Itm seems to be nice work, so :)

Heh.

Let me provide a bit of insight into the internal workings of Fixpack releases: the beta was originally scheduled for March 4, but I kept trying to make one last heroic run at the Pending Fixes forum. So while I could offer future release dates, I can assure you that they would be completely meaningless. :D

Great! I appreciate your great work. Thanks for the answer

Guest Guest

Ok should I then make a clean backup before or after installing BG2 Fixpack. Are there a date for the next release? Itm seems to be nice work, so :D

Heh.

But we love meaningless dates. It gives us meaningless hope. Which is much better than meaningless despair! :)

Hmmm...considering the install order listed in this thread, I'm wondering if I got it wrong, and if that's why my game is kinda messed up now. I can't invoke the CLUAConsole, and in place of Auren Aseph's name wherever it should be displayed, there's a line of dialog text. Whenever my main character tries talking to her, she "has nothing to say to you."

Might a re-installation of everything I've got solve this, or is there a simpler way? I spent about half the day yesterday reinstalling from the ground up, and I dread doing so again.

This on a G4 PPC Mac running OS X 10.4.10 with the latest ToB patch.

Thanks,

Eric

Well, I proceeded to completely delete the game install, and then reinstall from CDs, including ToB. As documented in another discussion, I applied no patches at all, and early tests show the game behaving as it should, so far.

I'm now wondering if there's a certain order in which I should install the following mods, beyond what I currently know:

Subrace

Enhanced BG2v1.0

IWDtoBG2 Portrait Pack

morituri (a fighter kit)

NPCFlirtV101

Refinements v3.02

tbquest v2.02

tbtweaks v2.01 (to install last)

Crossmod v5.1 (to install after NPC mods)

DungionCrawl v1

MoinesseAvatars v2

RE v2

SPCollection (kits)

PrRings (priest rings)

Also, I've just downloaded BG2 Tweaks v5. Should this replace any previous mod, or just install along with the others in my list? Some of these mods came from other sites, as do some of the NPC mods I plan to install...which brings up another question: at what point during these installs should I add all the NPCs? Right now, it appears to me that I should install everything but tbtweaks and Crossmod, then the NPCs, then those two mods, and that will be the end of it. Yea/Nay?

Thanks,

Eric