Items re-allocation

Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs,

I am sorry I can't be of any help about the reallocation of those items since I barely remember anything about BG2.

As a general guidelines, I like when the items are actively used by NPCs when the party retrives them.

I mean, items being part of a treasure is very fine but usually I like it better when the party can experience what good an extraordinary item can do against them... :)

Azuredge -- Bernard -- Keep it with Bernard. It is the major inn of the city. He probably gets loads of people selling him stuff.

Stonefire -- Bernard -- Keep it with Bernard.

Flail of Submission -- none -- Ribald

Defender of Easthaven -- Bonus Merchant -- Qilue would benefit. Drow have magical flails, so let her have a unique one.

Long Bow of Markmanship -- none -- The merchant in Mae'var's guildhall. The PC has this from BG1, so Irenicus could have sold it to someone.

Eagle Bow -- none -- Roger the Fence. Again, Irenicus could have sold it.

Cloak of Balduran -- none -- Give the cloak to a Lich, maybe Deirex.

Robe of Good Archmage -- Trademeet's Smith -- Ribald's Secret Stash

Robe of Neutral Archmage -- ToB only -- Ribald's Secret Stash

Robe of Larloch -- Bonus Merchant -- as per SCS II.

Dagger of Venom -- none -- either Gaelan's 2nd floor or a Shadow Thief's fence

Longtooth Dagger -- none -- either Gaelan's 2nd floor or a Shadow Thief's fence

Vhailor's Helm -- Bonus Merchant -- as per SCS II.

Radiant Plate -- none -- Temple of Helm or Lathander. Not Talos, it doesn't really fit with that temple.

Plate of Balduran -- Bonus Merchant -- Ribald's Secret Stash.

Shield of Balduran -- Bonus Merchant -- Beholder lair in the Underdark. For maximum irony.

Zerth Blade -- Bonus Merchant -- One of the named Drow of that family you can kill after killing Deirex in Jarlaxle's quest. I can't remember their name.

Staff of Earth -- Drow's Merchant -- Ribald

Staff of Rynn -- Ribald -- Drow's Merchant

Belm -- Druid's grove, unguarded -- Ihtafeer sounds good.

Taragarth -- none -- The Cambion in Chateau Irenicus. Somewhere early, it is a +1 weapon afterall.

Albruin -- almost unobtainable in the underdark -- Reynald de Chatillon, that fallen paladin.

Spider's Bane -- none -- That Drow near Bodhi's lair. The one with all the spiders. Again, somewhere reachable early.

Giant Hair Crossbow -- Ribald -- Again, one of the named Drow as per the Zerth Blade.

As a general guidelines, I like when the items are actively used by NPCs when the party retrives them.

I mean, items being part of a treasure is very fine but usually I like it better when the party can experience what good an extraordinary item can do against them... ;)

In theory I do agree with you...but in practice I have to put a lot of items in stores too, else players would accumulate to much gold without having any good reason to spend it.

Ilyich,

thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately I have not much time to discuss them right now, but I do take notice of every suggestion. :)

Personally, I doubt that any of your possessions would get into the hands of the Shadow Thieves very fast, as in, as fast you escape and sell them.

Mainly due to that Irenicus has to fight and kill Shadow Thieves whenever he sees them. Having it filter through in some of the Vampires might be more of a realistic solution.

Icen

Defender of Easthaven -- Bonus Merchant -- Qilue would benefit. Drow have magical flails, so let her have a unique one.
So according to you, the Adventurers that saved the Ten Towns etc, in the north(IwD), sold the weapon and it ended up to the hands of the Drow!!! :) What? ;)
Spear of Kuldahar (which I think would be fine if only a +2)
Same here, that's an established weapon... or it should be, but it's not! Well, the IwD had the "Spear +3: Backbiter"... so perhaps you can switch the Backbiter and the Spear of Kuldahar's locations.

If you have toaded unfinished business there is a quest about Spider's Bane

connected to the spider nest outside of Bodhi's lair. But it is broken. I'd be

happier if the broken bits were available there, for those that don't have UB,

and if Cromwell could reforge the thing.

Consider Rogue Rebalancing when you are thinking about where to put loot. I like the items that they have given to Aran Linvail, Booter the Torturer, etc, but it

means that adding more items there is an embarassment of riches. (And why

will anybody side with the ST when killing them is so much more interesting and

profitable?)

Maybe some items should go to Bodhi's Lair, which, aside from the mace of

disruption (which is a pretty big aside) is rather short of magical treasure for

those as side with the ST, compared to what you get if you side with Bodhi.

just my 20 kronor again,

Laura

Well, you see a trail of dead bodies, and killed all the thieves in your path, so once the thieves were in there, if they didn't already die, they would be trapped.

And the quote is 'You hear a scream of rage and a huge explosion as the tunnel collapses behind you. Struggling to your feet...'

Icen

So, thinking out loud, if Irenicus hadn't shipped your posessions to someplace

he could recover them later, or sold them, or if Bodhi didn't do likewise, then

all your nice BG1 loot is behind a collapsed tunnel, to be discovered whenever

people get around to repairing the Promenade. So having it show up in the

restocking of the adventurer's mart could make sense, assuming they were

found while you were off to spellhold and returning ...

So according to you, the Adventurers that saved the Ten Towns etc, in the north(IwD), sold the weapon and it ended up to the hands of the Drow!!! :) What? ;)

How about someone who is not the most intelligent of adventurers buys the flail, and raids the Underdark in a fit of bloodlust. He is then killed by Drow scouts, who then sell it, and it changes hands several times before it comes to be owned by an Ust Natha merchant. (In the epilogues, Korgan is said to have raided the underdark, never to be seen again, so there is a precedent for this in-game)

How about someone who is not the most intelligent of adventurers buys the flail, and raids the Underdark in a fit of bloodlust. He is then killed by Drow scouts, who then sell it, and it changes hands several times before it comes to be owned by an Ust Natha merchant. (In the epilogues, Korgan is said to have raided the underdark, never to be seen again, so there is a precedent for this in-game)
Defender of Easthaven now has a quite extended background which do mentions of it being stolen from Easthaven, then used in pit fights in Luskan, and then probably ending up in some unknown hands. I'm not saying that puttinf DoE in drow's hands is the best thing to do, but I surely agree with Ilyich when he says that the weapon could be anywhere.

BG1 Items in BG2

I do suppose Irenicus could have just as easily sold most of the items to Ribald or similar places if Bodhi didn't find them useful. We're are talking about items of very low interest imo for characters as powerful as Irenicus and Bodhi are. We are talking about epic characters with an immense web of power which rivals the Shadow Thieves of Amn! Would they care much about a low enchanted weapon with a small elemental damage? I don't think so.

Archived