Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

I guess nobody uses this staff. :(

Probably, since it doesn't work :p.

I think that 1HP/18 sec is pretty useless as it is, healing spells/potions are abduant in BG2, and it's active feature isn't grand either. It's relatively costly as well - in addition you can't wield a shield with it. It is quite bad. If this was in BG1 which features lots of wide areas, I'd consider it.

Staff of Curing

I think that 1HP/18 sec is pretty useless as it is, healing spells/potions are abduant in BG2, and it's active feature isn't grand either. It's relatively costly as well - in addition you can't wield a shield with it. It is quite bad. If this was in BG1 which features lots of wide areas, I'd consider it.
Well, it's not intended to be used in actual combat. I guess you could have a full time caster like Aerie use it to slowly heal the party even during combat (she generally doesn't attack anyway), but the idea was to make it a convenient (we made it not free for this reason), out of combat mass heal tool. Try it out when fixed maybe and let me know if it still doesn't seem to perform well as I expect. :)

I fixed it locally already by setting the projectile to none. I can't remember what was wrong with regeneration so it wouldn't work, but it works now, if was fixing it yesterday evening. It would be nice for long walks, but you get little of those in BG2.

EDIt:

It is convinient, yes.

Do i understand it correctly, that with latest hotfix IR are fully compatible with 1pp v4?
Nope... the hot fixes may include more of the 1pp v4 graphical changes... but the two mods are not actually "fully compatible" as you still need the install in order -of which ever you wish to make the more effect- the later. As the mods overwrite files.
Do i understand it correctly, that with latest hotfix IR are fully compatible with 1pp v4?
What Jarno says is partially correct, install order is what matters the most when it comes to IR and 1PP, but 1PPv4 also shuffled around a lot of animation references making IRv3 not fully compatible with it.

We do have a new version of IR ready (both main component and optional components are done and packaged) which is still still on hold exactly because of 1PPv4 compatibility checks (Mike was supposed to make sure what I did was ok, if additional things had to be done, which components of both mods could go together and which couldn't, etc.). Unfortunately I'm not that good at handling that kind of stuff (Mike is also much better than me at handling the read-me and packaging stuff in general), but as soon as I and Arda are done with SRv4 (hopefully within this weekend) we'll try to handle IR as well as fast as we can (I fear that might require at least a bunch of weeks with our little spare time).

@Hety

Installing both 1pp and IR won't break your game. Shields will look strange (large shield the size of a buckler) but that can be avoided by not installing the relevant 1pp component(s). Things such as new avatars, improved projectile effects, GUI additions etc. work just fine, at least for me. Install 1pp after IR. It's Spell Revisions which will cause install failure on relative components of 1pp (spell effects).

I'm noticing that neither wakizashis nor ninja-tos seem to be benefiting from any proficiency in my install.

EDIT

This is due to a known bug within the Weapon Changes component. I thought it's been fixed, but clearly it has not. What happens is that waki/ninja lose the STR bonus (those +3 thaco from 18/00 STR).

If you actually need them fixed for your game, install this a normal Weidu mod, i.e. put into a .txt file, rename to setup-ninjawakifix.tp2, then rename a copy of WeiDU into setup-ninjawakifix.exe and run.

If you don't need it and were just reporting, you may want to consider not trying your luck :)

BACKUP ~ninja and waki fix~
AUTHOR ~g3~
BEGIN ~Quickfix for wakizashis and ninja-tos~
INCLUDE ~item_rev/lib/compatibility.tpa~

INCLUDE ~item_rev/lib/identify_weapon.tpa~

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.itm$~ override PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE>0x71 BEGIN
  LPM identify_item

PATCH_IF wakizashi || ninjato BEGIN

GET_OFFSET_ARRAY headers ITM_V10_HEADERS
    PHP_EACH headers AS ind => off BEGIN
      PATCH_IF (BYTE_AT off)=1 BEGIN
		WRITE_SHORT off+0x26 1
		WRITE_SHORT off+0x28 0
		WRITE_SHORT off+0x2a 1
		PATCH_IF wakizashi BEGIN
		  WRITE_SHORT off+0x2c 50 // overhand
		  WRITE_SHORT off+0x2e 50 // backhand
		  WRITE_SHORT off+0x30 0  // thrust
		END ELSE BEGIN

WRITE_SHORT off+0x2c 10 // overhand
		  WRITE_SHORT off+0x2e 25 // backhand
		  WRITE_SHORT off+0x30 65 // thrust
		END
	  END
	END
  END
END BUT_ONLY

I'm currently working on BGEE-compatible versions of IR, SR and Divine Remix. Will include the fix too.

PS And I hate this forum engine.

I hope that you don't mind if I post this as attachment for BWS.

Archived