Help Wanted

Domi

Thanks guys. It seems that enough people are actually willing to risk the alpha to try a public alpha release. I'll just make sure to put as many warnings as I could that it's an alpha and should not be used for relaxed pleasure-playing, but for bug-hunting :)

I noticed that you were asking for artists for slightly more Icewind Dale style portraits, so sort of in celebration of the upcoming release of the Alpha, I decided to give it a try on Jaemal. If this is the sort of thing you're looking for I'll keep going with the rest. This is like, the antithesis of my usual style, so no worries if you want something closer to the game art. Can't wait for the Alpha!

untitled2tp0.jpg

I need to rework the NPC-initiated flirtpack, due to the deficiencies that showed up at playing (not enough flirts, At Waking flirts do not work well). So I need MORE flirts for each of the romanced characters! Suggestions are very, very, very welcome! I still try to persist with the Dungeon/Outdoor themes.

If a postion for a writer is still open, I'd like to offer my help if wanted. ^_^

I don't have a particular hate field in writing so do feel free to get me started on anything you wish done. I can already see some personalities developed in preview banters I've seen lurking around so it shouldn't be too much a hassle.

And if there still is hope for a Prachi rommance, I wouldn't mind trying my luck at that.

Anyways, I really hope this project succeeds, and if you want me, feel free to PM me. :)

Heh, sorry, but nope, I am overcommited as is coding wise (including having to learn the whole new system for my NWN2 projects) at the moment and my coding time is just too limited (think 11-months-old nap times minus housework) to code anyone else's materials. However, as stated in the Guide, I have no problems with other folks developping the add-on mods based off or interacting with the IWD2NPC separately.

Heh, sorry, but nope, I am overcommited as is coding wise (including having to learn the whole new system for my NWN2 projects) at the moment and my coding time is just too limited (think 11-months-old nap times minus housework) to code anyone else's materials. However, as stated in the Guide, I have no problems with other folks developping the add-on mods based off or interacting with the IWD2NPC separately.

i want to create an npc as well. what makes this one different from bg2 npc and how can i make an npc "talk" to the pc character?

Aloha ! A gibberlings newbie here!

Just downloaded the beta and I'm gonna go through the game with an evil party, but being more helpful, i have some orchestral music, so I can send it to you via e-mail.

The tracks are by the New Japan Philarmonic ,recorded for Resident Evil on a seperate cash-in OST ;P. There are 2, 3 tracks that could be considered being used in your mod.

Ah, as far as I'm concerned this OST was released only in Japan YEARS ago, but you can download it from a BIG Resident Evil site, so as long as the mod is fan-made it should be ok. I guess. ;?

Heya, thank you for the suggestion, but I decided to err on the side of caution after correspondence with Ion Zur's (misspelling? the author of some of the soundtracks) agent who told me that even the music available for free download cannot be used in a hobby project because it is CR'd to a specific game. So, I am just using the IE games music and I am happy with it. I just don't want to deal with any and all premissions.

i want to create an npc as well. what makes this one different from bg2 npc and how can i make an npc "talk" to the pc character?

Basically what I can advise you is to dl the project and see how I am doing it. It is different from a BG2 NPC because it does not have a designated banter files, dream script and a banter engine. You will have to run everything off one dialogue file, one script (I use DPLAYER3, because the characters OVERWRITE scripts tend to start failing once they become large, and DPLAYER3 is consistent). To make the character to talk to the main character you have to have a party with just one user-created character, because the game does not recognize the Player1 as in other infinity games as a 'protagonist'. I ask people to create and keep this character in the first slot, and the game authomatically assigns the 'charbase' script name to it. So, then I drive the ActionOverride("salomeya",StartDialogueNoSet("charbase")) action from the DPLAYER3.BCS, ie no different than any other NPC. The conversation initiation on "charbase" does not work if you have more than one player-created characters. The game crashes when I tried to use a command that is in IWD2 that assigns a different script name within the game. While it *is* cumbersome compared to BG2, it proved to be the most robust so far. Such are some of the limitations of IWD2 to my knowledge.

Archived