v11 To-Do List

Ray of Enfeeblement spell (SPWI221.SPL) has incorrect save penalty on its "Display String" effect

While all the other effects correctly match the description, the Display String opcode comes with a -2 penalty.

COPY_EXISTING ~spwi221.spl~ override
GET_OFFSET_ARRAY headers 0x64 4 0x68 2 0 0 0x28
PHP_EACH headers AS i => r BEGIN
  GET_OFFSET_ARRAY2 effects r ITM_V10_HEAD_EFFECTS
  PHP_EACH effects AS i2 => r2 BEGIN
	READ_LONG r2 opcode
	READ_LONG r2+0x28 save_bonus
	PATCH_IF opcode=139 && save_bonus = 0 - 2 BEGIN
WRITE_LONG r2+0x28 0
END
  END
END
BUT_ONLY

Arrows of Biting and Protector of the Dryads +2 have the "Use Strength" flag enabled

Arrows and bows should not receive STR bonus to damage.

ACTION_FOR_EACH item IN
 AROW05
 AROW12
 AROW14
 BOW08
 BOW99
BEGIN
 ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%item%.itm~ BEGIN
COPY_EXISTING ~%item%.itm~ override
  GET_OFFSET_ARRAY head 0x64 4 0x68 2 0 0 0x38
  PHP_EACH head AS ind => res BEGIN
  WRITE_SHORT res+0x26 THIS & `1
  END
BUT_ONLY
 END
END

Chaotic Commands at all level headers except the first provides permanent immunity to Psionic Maze (SPIN774) used by Githyanki.

Together with the bug - mentioned by aVENGER - of Githyanki anti-paladins dispelling magic on themselves and their allies, this might explain why Githyanki seem about as difficult as gibberlings...

The G3 fixpack's changes to soul reaver (sw2h08) setting the THAC0 drain to bypass magic resistance also give it a duration of zero and hence make this effect useless.

Why is that even changed to bypass MR? I think the soul reaver is already very powerful.

Unrelated, the stalker kit's haste spell (spra301) is blocked by magic resistance, unlike most beneficial spells.

The G3 fixpack's changes to soul reaver (sw2h08) setting the THAC0 drain to bypass magic resistance

This is actually it's correct behaviour. Same as any on-hit weapon effect (think Celestial Fury, Flail of Ages and similar) it should bypass MR.

also give it a duration of zero and hence make this effect useless.

Unrelated, the stalker kit's haste spell (spra301) is blocked by magic resistance, unlike most beneficial spells.

These are indeed bugs.

The G3 fixpack's changes to soul reaver (sw2h08) setting the THAC0 drain to bypass magic resistance

This is actually it's correct behaviour. Same as any on-hit weapon effect (think Celestial Fury, Flail of Ages and similar) it should bypass MR.

The vanilla game is rather inconsistent on this; I've noticed darts of stunning and quite a few weapons with elemental damage allow a MR check.

Moreover, the soul reaver unlike flail of ages doesn't have a % chance and unlike celestial fury doesn't allow a saving throw - not to mention that unlike slow and stun NOTHING is immune to or can be protected from the THAC0 drain. I think this effect bypassing MR is unreasonably powerful.

It's a powerful effect, yes, and there are others equally, if not more devestating weapons in the game. Furthermore, for all it's power, the mentioned effect is genuinely useless for many battles where enemies do not rely on THAC0 to kill you.

improved haste doesn't protect from spra301 (which causes the inferior normal haste to override it).

Also the 206 effect protecting from spwi305 (normal haste) in the feature block of spwi613 (improved haste) is set not to bypass MR, noticed yesterday it was blocked by Carsomyr.

G3 fixpack component "Yoshimo Would Insist on Meeting Renal, Even if Already Contacted" is missing a possibility; if you complete Renal's quest after Yoshi tells you of his debt, but without Yoshi actually in the party - as I did in my last game - Yoshi will also remind you to meet Renal (I switch him in and out a fair bit for quests that need a thief or not).

There are two more problems that need to be resolved in v11.

First, the detection of BG:EE doesn't work. The Fixpack currently uses the following code to prevent installation on BG:EE:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~oh3500.are~  @27 // not needed for BGEE

I'm not sure anymore why oh3500.are was initially chosen in the REQUIRE_PREDICATE checks. Suffice to say, there is no file called oh3500.are in BG:EE. Players can currently try to install the Fixpack onto BG:EE (it fails of course).

To resolve this, how about we use one of the Black Pits files?

REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~oh9360.are~  @27 // not needed for BGEE

Secondly, v11 should make sure that players do not accidentally try to install the Fixpack onto BG2:EE either.

Chaotic Commands at all level headers except the first provides permanent immunity to Psionic Maze (SPIN774) used by Githyanki.

Disregard this report it was caused by an old version of SCS :)

A poster on the bioware forums recently reminded me of another bug, dragon's breath attacks can sometimes hit the target twice.

Baldr193_zpsc03d69a8.png

Note four sets of damage dice in game, but the structure of the brown dragon's breath spell suggests it's meant to do 12d6+6 damage, plus another 12d6+12 on a failed save vs breath;

sv1E6CK.jpg

It's presumably a property of the projectile that allows the damage to be applied more than once (Much like Agannazar's scorcher, magic missiles etc.). Also allows shadow dragon's to sometimes drain 12 levels, instead of 6.

Problematic Dragon breath .spl files include SPIN596 (brown dragon's breath), SPIN691 (black dragon's breath), SPIN832, SPIN833 (both types of silver dragon breaths) and SPIN893 (shadow dragon's breath).

Bug is not observed with blue, green and red dragons (whose breath has a different projectile), nor with the wizard HLA.

Solution, add a 1 second duration 206 effect vs each dragon breath .spl at the end of the feature block, zero duration might work, but I'm not convinced that there isn't a slight delay involved when dragon's breath glitches like this. One second duration protection might actually cause bugged (halved) damage if two dragons of the same type breathe on you simultaneously, but this happens how often?

Thanks for reporting the crash. Since I'm the one who submitted the updated German translation for v10, I examined the issue. It turns out the slight modifications that I made to string @159 amounted to that string exceeding some kind of invisible engine limitation. I figured out that the string's overall length just about shattered a certain barrier that the v9 version of that string did not. It is about 60 characters too long. The text displays fine when viewed by right-clicking the Find Familiar scroll, but as 10thLich said it will nonetheless cause a crash during character creation when you try to view the spell's description in the spell selection screen. Very weird.

Long story short, here's a version of the German v10 setup.tra that works fine. I shortened the string by rephrasing some lines, and I added a warning not to expand the string any further.

attachicon.gifsetup.rar

well, is there any way to fix this on any install of the fixpack? i do not know how to install this to fix my now broken game.

Archived