Inara's Introduction

Well, these were promised a while ago, so here you go! Enjoy.

Dialogue if Keli is in the party

Fires when Keli and Inara ‘see’ each other.

NOTE: obviously Keli’s dialogue is up for Bev’s tweaking. Oh... and I didn’t much pay attention to the thugs...

----

Keli: There she is, <CHARNAME>. But...who are those men?... Oh...not this again.

PC: 1) What do you mean?

2) I have a bad feeling about this...

3) Is your sister normally trouble? How interesting.

4) Will you require my assistance? I will be pleased to aid you. -- Grim’s discretion on these, add or detract, whatever.

Inara: Keli! What a surprise. It’s been so long I thought you’d finally decided to take off with those Selunites of yours.

Keli: I would’ve been here sooner, but this city is so big I couldn’t find it. I tried to find a Selunite Temple, but...

Inara: Yes, yes. We’ll catch up later. In the meantime, care to help me give these leatherheads a lesson on how to treat a lady? They seem to be under the impression throwing gold at her does the trick. ... Not that I object to gold in and of itself...

Thug1: So it’s another horny wench? Heh... You as nice as your sister, girl?

Thug2: She’d better be! This one’s a tease. Dangled herself all over me and then turned hellcat when I suggested we head off to a more private place.

Inara: You took me for a whore, berk. And if you consider me a hellcat for a few mere scratches, then I worry for the state of prime men. Though I do appreciate your patronage... Your slip will be overlooked for now.

Thug2: Patro-What is she... What?! My purse! You damned wench. You’re not even worth half that!

Inara: Now, that’s ignorance speaking.

Thug1: Enough of this! C’mon, men. We’ve got other things to do. Let’s kill them and take their money as well!

Inara: (Sigh) These fools never learn. As you will.

- Keli! You plan on making yourself useful today?

Keli: (sighs) Why do you always drag me into these messes?! As usual, there's no peaceful alternative to be had here.

- <CHARNAME>, please, we have to help her!

PC: 1) Alright, but I'd better get something for wasting time here. - cont dialogue after fight

2) Sure. I'm always willing to help the proverbial damsels in distress. - cont dialogue after fight

3) Of course, my lady. These men will bring you no harm while I am here. - cont dialogue after fight

4) I'm sorry, but I want no part in this. - KELI

KELI

Keli: Oh... And I am sorry to hear it. Forgive me, <CHARNAME>, but my sister needs me. - Keli leaves

after fight

Inara: Not bad. You must’ve been doing something beyond sitting around chatting up clerics since last I saw you.

- 1) Who’s this you’ve brought with you? A fellow you picked up in a bar? - if not spoken with Inara

2) So... You brought <PRO_HIMHER.> Interesting. - if spoken with Inara

Keli: I hope you don’t mind, Inara, but I think it would be a good idea to travel with <CHARNAME> for a while. We’ve been on the road alone for so long... I think some company would be nice for a change.

Inara: (The older woman turns her pale green eyes to you, slowly looking you over before glancing back at her sister.)

As you will. For now, I’ve no objections. Let’s get out of here, before more of these bilge-swiggers try for another round. [end, Inara join]

Inara's joining dialogue

2) Sly pick-up

Setup: Docks District

(Your attention is immediately drawn to a woman at the end of the docks. She stands alone, picking idly at her nails with a small knife, seemingly oblivious to all else around her.)

(The nearer you move, the more your senses perk at the unusual aura the woman emits. There is something both intriguing and unnerving about her. Her pale skin seems almost to glow unnaturally in the light. Your suspicions that she is something of strange ilk are confirmed when you spy the small pair of russet horns rising out of her flaming red hair.)

(You feel a prickling of warning as her cat-like eyes lift to meet your gaze. She notes your interest, the slits of light green narrowing in evaluation.)

I: Searching for answers, cutter?

PC 1) Answers? Do you know something of me, madam? -to KNOW

2) That I am. Would you mind if I asked you a few questions? -to ASK

3) Not at the moment. Excuse me. -to WAIT

4) I must ask... What exactly...are you? -to FIEND

5) I’m definitely searching for something, but it isn’t answers. How much do you charge for the night? -to BLUNT

----------------

KNOW

I: I might. Who are you? -to B-PC

PC: 1) My name is <CHARNAME>. Might I ask who you are? -to FIASCO

2) I’m sorry, but I’ve had a run of bad luck with giving out my name. -to SECRET

3) None of your business. Will you answer my questions or not? -to SECRET

-----

FIASCO (same opts as SECRET)

I: <CHARNAME>? Interesting name. Care to share a few moments to talk, <CHARNAME>?

PC: 1) I don’t have time. I’m in the middle of trying to gather a large amount of gold to pay for some important information. -to GOLD

2) I’d be more than pleased to. But I do have some pressing business I need to take care of soon. -to LADY

3) I’m sorry, I really should be going. -to BYE(bottom)

4) What? With *you?* I'd sooner associate with trolls. -to WARN(bottom)

-----

SECRET (same opts as FIASCO)

I: You have your secrets, then. So be it, I’ll not prod you. But it’s no matter. You seem a bit high-strung, pet. I'm fairly learned in matters of trouble... Care to stay with me a while and unload?

PC: 1) I don’t have time. I’m in the middle of trying to gather a large amount of gold to pay for some important information. -to GOLD

2) I’d be more than pleased to. But I do have some pressing business I need to take care of soon. -to LADY

3) I’m sorry, I really should be going. -to BYE

4) What? With *you?* I think not. -to WARN

-----------------

ASK

I: Does something convey that I am the proper blood to mend what afflicts you? Hm...perhaps... I tell you what. I shall bargain with you. Answer my questions, and I’ll do so in kind. I’ve nothing too personal in mind, unless, of course...you like that sort of thing. (She gives you a wink.) -to PC

PC: 1) Forgive me, but we’ve only just met. I find such candor...inappropriate. -to FINE

2) Ha! So be it, my lady. I’ll hold you to your word about those questions. -to GOOD

3) I don’t have time for this now. Excuse me. -to WAIT

4) How about fun first, and then the questions? -to FUN

------

FINE

I: Inappropriate indeed... I had not thought an adventurer such as yourself would mistake banter for shameless flattery. Or perhaps you’re just in a foul mood. This trade can have that effect.

PC: 1) Look, unless you’ve got a lot of money and some useful information on a where I might locate a lost friend, I don’t see how you can help me. -to GOLD

2) I’m sorry, but I need to be going. -to BYE

3) I have my reasons for the foul mood. Very well, I’ll chat with you, but I can’t stay long. -to LADY

4) You don’t shut up, do you? Take off, wench! -to WARN

------

GOOD

I: You do me some pleasure to hear that, pet. I’ll be sure to return the favor. Now, I’m not one to be mistaken about many things, and from the looks of you I’d say you have some bad business gnawing at your heels.

PC: 1) You’re very perceptive. I would tell you about it, but I fear I’m too busy at the moment. -to LADY

2) Something like that. But despite my promise, I don’t have the luxury of time to go into the details. -to LADY

3) Somewhat, yes. I seek knowledge on the whereabouts of someone, for which I need a large sum of gold. -to GOLD

------------------

WAIT

I: Hold! You leave so soon? You look as if you could use a friendly ear. Do sit, pet, and bend mine for what afflicts you.

PC: 1) Unless you happen to have an obscene amount of gold or information on an obscure mage, I doubt you can help me. -to GOLD

2) Who am I to refuse a beautiful lady? I can stay for only a short while, however. I have important business to tend to. -to LADY

3) I’m sorry, but I really don’t have time. -to BYE

4) Your manner disturbs me in more ways than one. I’ll pass. -to WARN

-----

GOLD

I: Gold and information, you say? I’ve plenty of the latter, though I question if you’ve any time to spare. You have business waiting, I assume from your adventurer garb and harried state. -to LADY

------------------

FIEND

I: (There is a pause as the woman’s eyes flash over you.)

- ...You’re a blunt fellow. I’ll admire that candor and give fair warning that it’s best to leave such queries to the ages. Now, as much as I feel I should tell you to do something entertaining with that thick skull of yours...I rather like you, berk.

- I can sense something is troubling you. Care to unload it to a patient ear?

PC: 1) I apologize. Yes, I would like to share your company, but I only have time for a short while. -to LADY

2) Unless you have a large sum of gold or information on an obscure mage, I doubt you can help me. -to GOLD

3) That is kind of you, but I must be going. -to BYE

4) Not to you. I’d no sooner trust a rogue off the street, lest I point out the obvious. -to WARN

--------

BLUNT

I: (There is a pause as the woman’s eyes flash over you.)

- ...You’re a blunt fellow. That’s good. I prefer it to the word dancing others waste time with, thinking convoluted speech will do the trick to spin my head. So I’ll reciprocate the favor.

- (She smirks at you.) If you dare take me for a whore again, I’ll fashion a necklace out of your teeth.

- Now... Was there something else you wanted to ask me, or are we through here?

PC: 1) I apologize. Yes, I would like to share your company, but I only have time for a short while. -to LADY

2) Unless you have a large sum of gold or information on an obscure mage, I doubt you can help me. -to GOLD

4) Not to you. I’d no sooner trust a rogue off the street, lest I point out the obvious. -to WARN

-----

FUN

I: (She raises an eyebrow at you and grins.) As much as I appreciate your eagerness, I do have more important business at hand. So unless you can oblige me, I’m afraid I’ll have to take my conversation elsewhere. I find you rather interesting... I hope it doesn’t come to that.

PC: 1) Of course. Yes, I would like to share your company, but I only have time for a short while. -to LADY

2) Unless you have a large sum of gold or information on an obscure mage, I have my own business to attend to. -to GOLD

4) It will come to that. You serve my purposes or I refuse to serve yours. -to WILLS

5) I’m not going to waste my time on a useless rogue like you. -to WARN

-----

WILLS

I: (She holds your gaze without a flinch, a small smile playing on her lips.) I admire a <PRO_MANWOMAN> who knows what he wants...

- I can promise you this. You aid me, and I will surely return the favor...on my own terms. Now. Have you time for a few words?

PC: 1) For you, I would be pleased. I do not have long to spare, however. -to LADY

2) You’re a charming woman, but unless that charm comes with a large sum of gold or information on an obscure mage, there is little you can do for me. -to GOLD

3) I would like to, but I must be going. -to BYE

4) No deal. I’m not going to waste my time on a whore like you. -to WARN

------

LADY

I: That is a shame. I’ll not deny you look the sort to have notable dealings...but I would rather you stayed and shared a tale or two with me. Whatever could I do to persuade you otherwise, hm?

PC: 1) You flatter me, my lady. Your banter is reason enough. I’m sure you have many interesting stories to pass the time. -to BANTER

2) I would rather not say, but I do suggest we change the tone of this conversation. -to TONE

3) I’m sure you can think of something interesting. Do try. Several ways. -to WINK

4) You seem quick to flatter me. I can’t help but wonder at your motivation. -to FLATTER

5) On second thought, I really don’t have the time at the moment. Excuse me. -to BYE

------

BANTER

I: I do indeed, as I’m sure you do. You look the sort to have mettle enough to see the world and wits enough to know how to enjoy it. -to JOIN

------

TONE

I: As you will. You’ll forgive if I’m direct. I was never one to be subtle. But I admit you do interest me. -to JOIN

------

WINK

I: I very well might. I like the looks of you...the sort to have mettle enough to see the world and wits enough to know how to enjoy it. -to JOIN

------

FLATTER

I: You’re wary, then. That’s wise of you, or cynical. (She shrugs.) You’ve nothing to fear from me, though. I simply find you interesting, and I was never one to be very subtle. -to JOIN

------

JOIN

I: I tell you what, cutter... I’m not up to much here, just drowning my boredom in spirits. Shall I join you for a while so we can better share our tales?

- I must request, though, if you accept my offer that we pick up my sister Keli as well. You need not fear for her competence. She’s a capable cleric, however I might say otherwise in her presence. She’s probably hanging around the Temple District...the gods know why. (She winks as if amused by her own small joke.)

PC: 1) You have a sister? Well, I have no problem with that. I only hope she’s as charming as you. -to SIS

2) Another one of you? Very well, so long as she’s useful. -to SIS

3) I do not mind. Any help would be appreciated. -to SIS

4) A sister? Why is she there and you’re here, then? -to FAM

5) Actually, I have no need for a companion at the moment, or two, at that. -to BYE

6) I don’t care to have one of your kind in my party, let alone two. -to WARN

------

FAM

I: We’re family, but we don’t spend every moment together. That would be a trial fit for the hells. -to SIS

------

SIS

I: Keli and I make a fair team and we are no strangers to travel and hardship, so do not worry about us carrying our own weight. Though my sister is something of an innocent, she’s handy in a scuffle. And I’m handy in most all situations, but especially those involving a rogue’s skill. I’ve traveled the Sword Coast and beyond, and am known by many by reputation, if not name.

- Speaking of, my name is Inara. So, what say you to my offer?

PC: 1) I would enjoy having a competent thief and cleric, yes. Join me, and we’ll go find your sister. -to PARTY

2) You both sound like you are a respectable force. I could use that power. -to PARTY

3) As intriguing as your offer is, I don’t have room in my party at the moment. Perhaps later. -to BYE

4) I don’t have need for any additional party members right now. -to BYE

---------

PARTY

I: Excellent.

PC: 1) I should warn you, my highest priority is saving my companion, Imoen. -to IMOEN

2) You should know, however, that finding the mage Irenicus is my prime concern. -to IREN

3) Let’s go then. -end conv, Inarajoin(set timer on finding Keli?)

---------

IMOEN

I: So you seek to rescue someone? Well, to each his own. I’ll aid you as you like. Now, if you would, I’ve a sister to find. -end conv, Inarajoin(set timer on finding Keli?)

---------

IREN

I: A vengeful <PRO_MANWOMAN>, are you? I’ll do what I can for you. But first we find my sister. -end conv, Inarajoin(set timer on finding Keli?)

--------------

BYE

I: As you will. I’ll not twist your arm. You’d need to buy me a drink for that. (Wink.) If you change your mind, cutter, I might be around. -end conv, okay

------

WARN

I: No need for rude words here, berk. I’m only trying to have a friendly conversation.

PC: 1) I apologize. I didn’t mean to insult you, but I do need to be going. -to BYE

2) And I’m only trying to shake the barnacle of a whore that seems to have attached herself to me. Blunt enough for you? -to PISSED

--------

PISSED

I: (The woman’s pale green eyes narrow dangerously, reflecting the glint of the blade she holds idly in her hand.)

- I’d work to watch that tongue, prime, before someone takes it upon herself to lessen your burden by removing it. We’re through here. -end conv, won’t join w/out Keli, code for ‘pissed off dialogue’

Later talk without Keli, Inara Pissed

I: (The woman turns to meet your approach with a piercing gaze. She says nothing, but you see in her eyes to engage her would almost certainly mean trouble.) -end

Later talk without Keli, Inara Okay(since it could’ve ended without her offering services, PC will initiate)

I: Look who’s returned. Have you any fine stories of glory and adventure to share this time?

PC: 1) Actually, I wanted to know if you would like to join my party. I could use a rogue. -to KELI

2) Naturally! But there are too many to tell in one sitting. Care to join me on the road then? -to KELI

3) I don’t have time for such drivel. I need a capable rogue to aid my cause. Are you available? -to KELI

4) Not at the moment. Excuse me. -to LATER

------

KELI

I: Well, I do have many begging for my favor and several odd jobs to finish, being in demand as I am. But I can set that aside for you, if you like. (Wink.)

- I must insist we go to the Temple District to find my sister, Keli, however. She’s a fine cleric, so she won’t be a burden. Might even be of some use, if we’re lucky.

PC: 1) I’m sorry, I don’t have room for two at the moment. -to LATER

2) Very well. But I need reliable people. We shall see if there are any problems. -to ONWARD

3) She sounds incompetent. For both your sakes, let’s hope that is not the case. -to ONWARD

4) I’d be happy to have her along. Especially if she’s anything like you. -to ONWARD

5) Of course. I appreciate your offer, and I’m sure your sister is reliable if you trust in her. -to ONWARD

-------

ONWARD

I: As you will. Now let’s get out of here. That sailor’s starting to give me the eye, and I don’t feel like dealing with any more of them today. -end conv, Inarajoin(set timer for Keli?)

--------

LATER

I: So be it. I might be here if you change your mind. -end conv

Well, Inara and Keli sure seem to be quite different personalities. I think I see some...interesting dialogue choices here, especially with Inara. Great potential for memorable arguments. :D

Very nice & well-written dialogue for both ladies, so I'm looking forward to this mod. Keep up the good work! :rolleyes:

Archived