Do most things work with BG2EE

Belanos

I'm planning on buying Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition soon, once my Paypal account clears my bank, and I'm wondering if the old mods and tools I used to use will still work with it. Is WEIDU still supported, more specifically. I'm guessing yes as I noticed that the new Tweak Pack mentions compatibility with the new release but I'd to get confirmation. If so, are there any mods in particular that have been found not to work well it? I'm particularly interested in the E series AI improvements. Does that still function, or has the EE made changes in that area that make it obsolete? What about the modding tools, like DLTCEP and Near Infinity? Will they still be useful?

What about the modding tools, like DLTCEP and Near Infinity? Will they still be useful?
Those work but you have to get the updated versions, as they are the supported version.

E serieas, don't know, but there's a BP-AI mod that definitely should work as any other weidu mod. Well updated weidu mod(the weidu.exe needs to be v23200 or higher for it to gain access to the dialog.tlk). And then there's the fact that some mods need to be remodified to be compatible.

Generally though, all the mods that have been updated in the last say 8 days have been made to be compatible with the BG2:EE, the others, you can try to install. And yes, you can try and install all your favorite mods, the weidu.exe will tell you if there's errors in the install and won't thus install the incompatible mods to the game(so you are safe on that account).

And yes, even the ShadowKeeper works with the new game, you just have to move your saves to the appropriate folders to account the difference.

I think Ascension is currently the only big 'almost everyone uses it' mod that doesn't work with BGIIEE. I think most of Weimer's mods don't work, actually, though there are certainly people working hard on that. For BGEE, the BG1NPC mod is still being worked on.

Almost everything here, at PPG, and at SPH has been updated, from what I've been reading.

...I'm waiting for Ascension, myself, then I'm buying and playing the heck out of BGIIEE. I can't wait.

E serieas, don't know, but there's a BP-AI mod that definitely should work as any other weidu mod.

So it's just a question of having the proper WEIDU installer? Quite awhile ago I was doing some editing in the scripts with the ESeries and made quite a few improvements. Unfortunately I lost them all when I accidently wiped them from my drive. Do you think that the scripts would still work if attached to an updated installer?

Those work but you have to get the updated versions, as they are the supported version.

Where would I find the updated versions? I came across DLTCEP here, but it's the same one I already have, version 74. And I didn't see Near Infinity anywhere.

Where would I find the updated versions? I came across DLTCEP here, but it's the same one I already have, version 74. And I didn't see Near Infinity anywhere.
Had you looked my posts signature, you would have eventually found this. Which then links to hereon the account for NI. The darn topic is so old that the G3 was updated after, but make sure you have the exact latest version(v7.6d) of the DLTCEP.

So it's just a question of having the proper WEIDU installer? Quite awhile ago I was doing some editing in the scripts with the ESeries and made quite a few improvements. Unfortunately I lost them all when I accidently wiped them from my drive. Do you think that the scripts would still work if attached to an updated installer?
Well if they are still in the .baf versions of them then sure yeah... or if you can make them into .baf files from the .bcs in the vanilla BG2, then they sure will work in the BGIIEE. Now if you added any non vanilla version targets, ids'es etc, then you have to also ensemble them from the moded game and resemble the in the BGIIEE... which is hard as you won't have the resources to do that.

It may be worth mentioning here that the installers for all mods that have been updated for EE content fail with fatal errors when I try to install on my system, because weidu-mac apparently doesn't recognize bgee or bg2ee as valid identifiers. Also, I get an error with code in .tp2 files that begins "LAF HANDLE_AUDIO".

I use weidu-mac v231, and the computer I use is described in my sig.

It may be worth mentioning here that the installers for all mods that have been updated for EE content fail with fatal errors when I try to install on my system, because weidu-mac apparently doesn't recognize bgee or bg2ee as valid identifiers. Also, I get an error with code in .tp2 files that begins "LAF HANDLE_AUDIO".

Yeah, well unless you can use one of these, you would need to compile the weidu command tool to v23500 or 23600 to be able to install the BGIIEE mods, and above v23200 for BGEE, as there's no one else that has a PPC Mac ... How ? Well, unless the above link gives you any magical insight, don't ask me.
Jarno, please don't go around saying things are compatible when installing them will actually break people's games.
Erhm I didn't actually say that about the Ascension, I said that the BP installs cleanly as said in the v181.4601 changelog, yes, sorry if everyone took it as such but I didn't actually say that. I was referring to mods that work with the base mechanics of the game, rule set etc(.2da mod, igi's mods, my mod etc.) that only need the weidu.exe updated to v235 or v236.

Yeah, well unless you can use one of these, you would need to compile the weidu command tool to v23500 or 23600 to be able to install the BGIIEE mods, and above v23200 for BGEE, as there's no one else that has a PPC Mac ... How ? Well, unless the above link gives you any magical insight, don't ask me.

I read the compiling instructions, and it's beyond my experience to attempt all that, so I'm hesitant to try it.

Had you looked my posts signature, you would have eventually found this. Which then links to hereon the account for NI. The darn topic is so old that the G3 was updated after, but make sure you have the exact latest version(v7.6d) of the DLTCEP.

Thanks. I kind of forgot about this thread for awhile, for some reason I'm not getting any email notifications. I have the tools now, but unfortunately BG2 EE will have to wait awhile. The money I'm sending to PayPal in order to buy it is going to be used to take advantage of Steam's Autumn sale instead. I'm now planning on Skyrim Legendary and the early (pre 3) Fallout games. Man, it sure takes a long time go get through that PayPal system. I arranged for transfer almost a week ago, the money cleared my bank account 3 days ago, yet it's still not showing up in my account. No impulse buying when dealing with those guys, that's for sure. If it's not there by tomorrow, I might just miss out on that sale.

BTW. I grabbed the Icewind Dale in BG2 mod awhile ago. Does anyone know if it will work with BG2 EE?

Archived