Items re-allocation

Demivrgvs

I like this idea. BG1 deserves at least one unique flail.

And there is one, it's cursed yeah, but it's there, and if it's done well(aka much like the berserker kit in KR), it could be very good. And it's usability could be tweaked a lots to account the cursed portion of the effect. But that might be better in KR.

You wouldn't feel the nerf one bit. It would only make Foebane (unupgraded) unable to hit 4 of the game creatures. It would still be same as before, "just" +3.

(My mod does this...)

Yes, but not just for Foebane. Imo, it's the only weapon that really "stands out".

I'm fairly sympathetic to all that +1/2/3/4/5 nonsense game imposes, but there's little to do.

You may want to make some edits here:

- Ankheg Plate mail - Nashkel, hidden stash in fields

- Backbiter - Firewine ruins, reward for finishing some undead knights quest

- Boots of Speed - what you wrote and one more pair (poison quest in BG, you have to force-attack the guy with a very small window of opprotunity)

- Dwarven Lagre shield - level 3 (or 4) of Durlag

- Gauntlets of Parry - a container near Water queen temple (BG) + Larze

- Ring of Free Action - Dushai in Ulgoth (pickpocket or kill required)

- Throwing axe +2 on Prat is +1

Otherwise, great job.

(all vanilla):

In BG:EE, you can get Albruin+1 from a dude from Dorn's plotline, the Backbitter+3 spear is in possesion of one of the Shadow Druids in Larswood (in BG:EE only I think) and you forgot to add Dushai to the RoFA's sources ;) Edit: also, the Glasses of Identification have their BG2 location marked, while it should be none.

Great job guys!

It has been some time since the item location lists were made but as I saw this guide (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/23853/a-guide-to-new-magic-items-in-bg2ee-spoilers/p1) in the forums I decided to make an update. As the item re-allocation component does not seem to have been updated and there has been no discussion on the subject, I believed that updating the list might be useful for someone. I did not add any new EE items to the list but I could do that (will be easy as all of them are listed on the guide but takes some time).

Changes:

EE added some duplicates of existing items so I added them to the list. Bracers of Defense AC 3 and two Helms of Glory are the only duplicates of items that should be unique according to their backstories.

Ardulia's Fall is a reward from the Unseeing Eye quest for non-cleric PCs as well as a reward from Illithium quest for evil cleric PCs. (There is no item reward from the Unseeing Eye quest for cleric PCs.)

Two standard BG2 locations for the Helm of Charm Protection were missing from the list.

Fixed typo in the name of Periapt of Life Protection (Changes the order of items in the list).

UB2 does not actually restore functional Spider Bane sword.

Added Web Sack wand as it is added by UB2.

Arbane's Sword was missing from the list.

Cleric's Staff is also reward at the end of Druid Stronghold (though now unusable by druids).

Added few more EE items.

Conflicts:

Amulet of Health is removed from Noble Merchant in Trademeet by Item Re-allocations but still given by Store Revisions, whichever comes last wins I think.

Reward for poisoning the Grove for Lord Khellon Menold is normally (duplicate) Shield of Harmony, Amulet of Health in Item Re-Allocations and Jade Hound Figure and some Blessed Bolts in aTweaks Unbiased quest rewards. Jade Hound figure is not revised by IR and not found in base game but also UB2 adds it as non-optimal quest rewards for Minsc's personal quest. Do not confuse with Moon Dog figure, item also not revised by IR but received as reward during Ranger Stronghold quest.

Also item re-allocations has no special handling for amulet of health if IR main component is installed instead always expecting item to be the original necklace of missiles with 25 charges, which may cause problems, but should be very simple to fix.

EDIT: Few more corrections again...

IR Item Re-allocations and Store Revisions.zip

Yeah man I'm sorry, your list was really well done and I planned to work on it sooner or later but as you see I'm under the effect of an Improved Slow (dangerously close to a Time Stop). During these holidays I'm finally modding again but with my limited manpower I doubt I can tackle Store Revisions for now. :(

Thanks again, and don't worry, your time will not be wasted. ;)

Archived