Thank you very much :)

I wrote duplicate dialogue files for Reevor the Revolting and... other stuff... and it should work smoothly for both platforms now. (I fully expect Tutu to cut up rough at some point, but at least I have a structure to deal with it now.)

I also added in a named cow, Nessa, to complain of feeling unwell and comment on the book in the haystack - thank you for the suggestion, Jastey.

And there are more Calling Birds, in the north-east quadrant of the basilisk map.

New download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rps9crs1946gcju/thecowgoesmoo16102014.rar?dl=0

(Beta-testers are awesome.)

Ah - typo in the EE version of the install. Bummer. Thanks for the spot :)

Here's a fresh download link. (I even remembered to put a date on the install this time!):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ih5joy15h2o6arb/thecowgoesmoo18102014.rar?dl=0

I found a more elegant way of accurately pointing to Reevor's dialogue tree - OUTER_SPRINT the numbers of the dialogue states between versions. Works fine for BGT, should work for your install as well.

Using STRING_SET to adjust the name of Dreppin's cow also works now, but it occurs to me that the string references may switch between BGT, Tutu, and EE? I'm keeping those lines commented out, for now.

For the record, these values work for my BGT installation:

/*
STRING_SET 78792 ~Like you'd ever need a stablehand. Me and Nessa are staying right here, thank you very much.~
STRING_SET 78795 ~Poisoned Nessa, have you? And to think I would have left this Keep with the likes of you! Rraaaarrrrh, fleshling...~
*/

Using STRING_SET to adjust the name of Dreppin's cow also works now, but it occurs to me that the string references may switch between BGT, Tutu, and EE? I'm keeping those lines commented out, for now.

For the record, these values work for my BGT installation:

/*
STRING_SET 78792 ~Like you'd ever need a stablehand. Me and Nessa are staying right here, thank you very much.~
STRING_SET 78795 ~Poisoned Nessa, have you? And to think I would have left this Keep with the likes of you! Rraaaarrrrh, fleshling...~
*/

Ah - STRING_SET doesn't work here, I am afraid - BGT creates new strings every time it is installed, and it's not necessarily the same numbers for every player. In my BGT install, the strings are some mod-added content.

Tutu is even worse. Hm, tricky!

-I just checked: For BG:EE the name is corrected to "Nessa" in both strings. How to correct this in BGT / Tutu considering the variable string numbers, I have no idea.

Yeah, I thought EE might have fixed it.

It just occurred to me that I could use an INTERJECT to just skip over Dreppin's line and replace with the corrected content - both of the troublesome lines lead to an EXIT, and - it's not likely that someone else would want to mod this conversation.

A bit more neatly, I suspect there is some function that could identify the appropriate text string for the platform, store the number in a variable, and let me work from there. Finding it could be an Adventure!

There is a possibility to identify a sting, but it has to match 100%.

If you do some kind of INTERJECT, you could maximize the compatibility by using COPY_TRANS, too (so at least the tansactions of one state would be executed - although only for mods that were installed before The Cow Goes Moo. Hm.

Ah, there's String STRING_COMPARE String

So I could presumably do something like:

(please excuse mock-code)

WHILE (loop not terminated)

increment loop trigger

read ~tempstring~ from DIALOG.TLK

IF (~tempstring~ STRING_COMPARE ~Incorrect dialogue line.~) // I only need an exact match - any other edits would have fixed the name

THEN

STRING_SET ~tempstring~ ~Correct dialogue line.~

END

END

On the one hand, nutting that out would be work. On the other, "Learning how to do things" was one of my reasons for starting the mod...

Archived