EET v13.4 released

the non-final status is only formal and the project is already complete it seems. there's been a protraction with IWD-in-EET (because a certain patch isn't happening). i was under the impression that 1.0 will be out when IWD-in-EET gets released (just a personal impression). i can't imagine that 1.0 will bring any real changes to the core EET

for example, take the bug argent77 detailed above: it's really an underlying vanilla issue...it's like that with other little things people report.

the non-final status is only formal and the project is already complete it seems. there's been a protraction with IWD-in-EET (because a certain patch isn't happening). i was under the impression that 1.0 will be out when IWD-in-EET gets released (just a personal impression). i can't imagine that 1.0 will bring any real changes to the core EET

for example, take the bug argent77 detailed above: it's really an underlying vanilla issue...it's like that with other little things people report.

I fully agree - the current version of EET is perfectly playable from beginning to end including those mods ready for it. There may be addons (e.g. IWD) and improvements for balancing the game, but the core of the mod/game is complete.

Edited by Roxanne

New version has been pushed on Github: https://github.com/K4thos/EET/releases

Version 1.0 Release Candidate 8.7

• new icons file (fixed compression problems, new icons for Lava mods)
  • Verr'Sza NPC support when installed on BG:EE
  • improved PIDs patching rules in EET_end component (fixes problem in Sandrah Saga)
  • WeiDU updated to v242

This is reactionary release to fix bug that I introduced in Sandrah Saga and to prevent weidu v241 from being used during installation (it had bug with decompiling scripts and if some mod in the same directory would use it weidu update functionality would break EET installation). Soon another one will follow with fixes for stuff that has been reported in this forum board - I'm working on them right now. Thanks for all reports.

Edited by K4thos

I found another issue of BG1 strrefs not adapted to EET. This time in SoD's BD0010.BCS:

// in EET:
DisplayStringHead("Angry Flaming Fist 1",9989)  // Why did you not turn to one of them instead of Shar?
DisplayStringHead("Angry Refugee 4",18402)  // Valygar is dead, but his body has been destroyed. I cannot do as you ask.

// in SoD:
DisplayStringHead("Angry Flaming Fist 1",9989)  // Nooo! Stay back!
DisplayStringHead("Angry Refugee 4",18402)  // No one will help me... No one will help...

Tested in EET 1.0 RC 8.6.

ready for the next release, thanks. Other places that uses spaces in Target reference should be fixed too.

I found an issue in EET which severely weakens the Shaman class. The script BDSHUNSU.BCS which governs the general behavior of all summoned spirits checks for a number of items equipped by the summoner in BGEE/SoD and applies their respective spell effects. However, the BG2EE version does not contain any of these checks.

Since EET uses the BG2EE version of the script, items which empower the spirits will be ineffective. (Although I would rather blame Beamdog for providing a simplified script even though some of the items are still available in BG2EE as well.)

SoD script will be used instead, nice find.

Latest PID fix inserted in EET_end creates bugs for some mods:

http://gibberlings3....e=2#entry252160

PIDs are blocked to trigger before EndofBG1 = 2 even if they are supposed to be available during BG1/SoD.

fix already included in RC8.7, thanks.

Since the transition to siege of dragonspear from BG1 the "continue game" button from the baldurs gate start menu ignores my quicksaves and does only load my autosave even though it's outdated. Same happening in BG2, while everything worked fine in BG1

@Sandrah: thank your for mentioning the mod "New travel system between Baldur's Gate City areas". I Barely reply and focus more on just reporting bugs, but I'm always grateful for help =)

The continue option works when you change the main screen to the SoD campaign. Same later on when you go to other campaigns.

Yeah, continue button is a little awkward right now, but there is no way to check in-game variable value from within GUI code. This feature has been added in PST:EE which uses engine patched to v3 (the lua function is called Infinity_GetScriptVarInt). Hopefully it will be added to BG2:EE in the next patch.

hellooo someone shot me a message, I'm the maintainer for the Imoen Romance (although you could contact me via the other forums).

What seems to be the issue for the final solar talk?

As far as i understand and per my own coding the Final Solar talk tree incrementally goes through each character as a final 'talk' before epilogue.

The vanilla characters are there in the dialogue tree, there was a modification of the end talk with Imoen and therefore requires alter_tran to alter the same state to have optional branching off dialogue.

In order to not break this tree in general all mods needs to either alter_tran a vanilla NPC or extend their new NPC onto the end of the tree, there would be no other way to be able to extend this tree without issues (a Mod doing a REPLACE would break every other mod installed before).

So because of that, generally vanilla NPC mods need to be installed before new NPC mods.

I remember coding this way specifically so the mod could be compatible with every other mod.

from what I understand it's some kind of conflict with Sandrah Saga. Roxanne, could you please provide more info about it? Preferably by PMing vantos since he may miss the reply otherwise. It would be a shame if IR and Sandrah Saga would remain incompatible if it's just a single dialogue issue.

btw. thanks Roxanne (and everyone else!) for providing lot's of feedback for other players when I was missing in action.

I imported my character from my previous run and its xperience when down from 8 000 000 xp point to 161 000.

I look into xpcap.2da and other file and I can't understand why it happened, any hint ?

Maybe you installed EET_Tweaks component that sets additional XP CAP in BG1? (btw. the old version used Baldur.bcs file for this since it was designed for patch 1.3, so you wouldn't find it in xpcap.2da. New version updated recently uses exclusivly 2da files for optional additional XP Caps) Or some other mod that does the same. Please post weidu.log

Edited by K4thos

Fast feedback on RC8.7

I installed the revised EET_end and checked the PID issue with Sandrah and a number of other NPCs (vanilla and mod NPCs). It works for all of them, including some that have BG1 and BG2 parts (modded Ajantis).

Version 1.0 Release Candidate 9

Download
- fixed problem with patching triggers and actions containing whitespace, e.g. some above head messages in SoD
- fixed spell names patching code
- fixed missing resources reported by argent77
- fixed automatic spell importation (affected some SoD AI scripts, e.g. this will fix questionable spells being casted during some SoD battles)
- fixed Story Mode problem that caused issues with global scripts, e.g. no way to go back to Pocket Plane
- PlaySong and SetMusic correctly remapped (you may have noticed problems with scripted music playing wrong tracks during SoD, e.g. Irenicus encounters)
- Shaman class takes advantage of BG:EE/SoD items equipped by the summoner (SoD BDSHUNSU.BCS script is now imported)
- BG:EE movies are now copied during installation and can be restored via EET_Tweaks
- thunder3.wav removed from archive

Still need to test Edwin death detection in BG2 when he is chunked in BG1, but don't have such save, so it will take a while (and it's not that urgent anyway). Other than this I think we are up to date with all reports. Thank you for all valuable feedback.

Edited by K4thos

What's next on the your agenda, then?

IWD-in-EET

*Reads*

*Weeps tears of joy*

There were always those who remained faithful. Only those who thought it would be *righ around the next corner* could have been disappointed.

And in hindsight it may turn out to be a good thing to have EET gain the stability it has today before adding a major next step.