Simplified Chinese translation for v11

2 replies to this topic

#1 c4_angel

c4_angel
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:50 PM

Hello to all!

Many thanks to berelinde and jestey for your fantastic works to this mod.

I have made a Chinese translation on v10 last year(didn't find there is already v11 version :puke: ). After making a quick check and correction I installed the mod with that translation successfully. Since there is no official Chinese language of BG2EE yet, I cannot do any test on BG2EE, I can only make sure it's OK with vanilla BG2 or BGT with Chinese language games.

I made slightly change to setup-alternatives.tp2 file besides the translation:

-Add a new LANGUAGE line refers to the translation.

-Add a check in the ALWAYS block: if install the mod with language of Chinese, then edit the alternatives_noconvert array. Otherwise there could be messy codes when uninstall/reinstall the mod, when running Windows with Chinese.

-Add a block at the end of .tp2 file, change the SELECT_COMMON1 of "b!mal.cre" and "b!mal2.cre", to show Chinese characters instead of English ones.

Edit: GBK means simplified Chinese characters.

Attached Files

Edited by c4_angel, 01 April 2017 - 04:29 PM.

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6895 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:33 AM

This is cool. Thank you very much! I will integrate this into the mod - (I can't check any of it, though).

#3 c4_angel

c4_angel
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

This is cool. Thank you very much! I will integrate this into the mod - (I can't check any of it, though).

Thank you for integration. If there will be any change of tra files in future, please let me know.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users