Help with PVRZ Bams

silversnuff

Hello,

I'm having some difficulty getting the spell effect bams i've created to appear in game with NI. I'm attempting to use the PVRZ-based v2 converter. All my attempts with the legacy v1 converter work but degrade the spell graphic in the preview window. The spell seems to work fine in the NI preview window for both. I've placed the generated .bam and accompanying .pvrz files in the override folder and edited the spell appropriately. When I try to use the spell in iwdee the game crashes.

I'm made plenty of spells before with the legacy converter but can't seem to with the PVRZ one. Is there a table I have to amend the .pvrz files to? I feel like I'm missing something basic here. Thanks for the help! Apologies if this has been answered before, couldn't find helpful info with the search.

The EE games seem to be very inconsistent about what BAM type is supported for which kind of animation or effect. BAM V2 definitely works for GUI elements and certain icons. I've never got it to work for creature animations though. The game always crashed when I attempted to do so. Maybe visual effects are also not (yet) supported.

Archived