Remove the clear fog of war (Stats: 148 EXPLORE) from a PC

Grammarsalad

You could try setting it to 0, but I'd wager it's just an extra check. Blinding the pc would have a similar effect though.

But how can i do that? Maybe I'm being dense but i can't find an opcode or script action that does this.

And yeah, i know that blinding will do basically the same thing. But I'm trying to get around an engine limitation where wacky things happen if there are more than 8 characters with clear fog of war ( somebody, I think randomly, loses it. Or maybe the 9th creature just doesn't get it. I have to test more to find out exactly.)

I have a few spells that grant clear FoW for summoned creatures, but you can have this issue if you have a familiar active and a wizard eye. It can also presumably conflict with Argent77's genie mod. My solution was to control exactly who loses cfow by making the caster lose it for the duration of the spell.

Edit: maybe blinding the caster also sets explore to 0?

I don't think there is anything we can do modding-wise. This is an engine limitation or bug, and has to be fixed on that level. It appears party members are always within the first 8 creatures with working "Clear fog of war". If the total amount of creatures with "Clear fog of war" exceeds 8 then one or more non-party creatures are randomly chosen (by race condition?) whenever you load a save or enter a new area.

It also affects the cutspy helper creature which is used in many cutscene sequences. You can experience this issue even in an unmodded game if you have a full party with familiar while watching the cutscene where Irenicus takes control over Spellhold (at chapter 3 start). The cutspy instance near Imoen does not work.

Blinding a character won't help as it only limits the range of the "Clear fog of war", but doesn't remove it completely.

And here was I, thinking giving my custom familiar cfow was a great idea. :(

Still, I would like to ask in this thread: Why is the effect of cfow removed by "ctrl+R", but other effects are not? Can someone enlighten me how the engine decides which effects to remove and which to ignore when cheat-healing is performed?

And here was I, thinking giving my custom familiar cfow was a great idea. :(

Still, I would like to ask in this thread: Why is the effect of cfow removed by "ctrl+R", but other effects are not? Can someone enlighten me how the engine decides which effects to remove and which to ignore when cheat-healing is performed?

It is any "limited" effect, any effect attached to the creature without timing mode 9.

It is the same removal applied by Death, Export(including Pregeneration), and Opcode 17(w/bit 17 of param2).

You can't easily increase the number of cutspies, not without a performance loss (that would also affect pathfinding, which practically makes this an unsolvable problem). Luckily the issue here is the exact opposite (temporarily ignore cutspy effect). So, there is no theoretical limitation.

Archived