SCS v31 Release Candidate (Now No. 3) Now Available for Testing

Yes.

More precisely: SCS alters the AI of anything using a vanilla-game script (where "vanilla game" means "pre-EE game"). So for instance, if a mod adds a mage who uses the vanilla-game MAGE20 script, or a monster that uses the vanilla-game WTASIGHT script, SCS will replace that with its own AI (and rewrite the creature's spells, HLAs, proficiencies, and class abilities in the process). But if a mod introduce creatures with their own custom scripting, SCS will leave it alone. So for instance, SCS has virtually no effect on Black Pits, because almost everything there has its own custom scripts.

That's all intended behavior. SCS replaces the default-game AI. So if a mod is using the default-game AI, its creatures get changed to use SCS AI. If it's using its own AI, they don't get changed.

Edited by DavidW
typo

It may be very very dumb question, so you are free to throw tomatoes at me. I'm on v.2.5 of the game with v.31 of scs.

Spell Thrust is ignored by Spell Trap/Spell Turning/Spell Deflection. It was always like that, or only in scs ? I mean in my game, if enemy has Spell Trap + Spell Turning + Spell Immunity: Abj + Spell Shield, all it takes to bring him down is a sequencer with 2x Spell Thrust + Remove magic.

Same with Secret Word. It is ignored by "Higher" level of spell protections, so if enemy has Spell Trap + Globe of invulnerabily + Spell Turning + SI:Abj a sequencer with 3x Secret Word will dispell GoI, Spell Turning and SI:Abj. Spell Trap will ignore it.

I'm sorry beforehand, if it always worked like that then i'm glad that i've discovered something new for myself in this game. And if it's bug, then well, still nice. Would be good to know.

Edited by brightl1ghts

the effectiveness of that strategy is quite delicately dependent on the order in which the engine applies the sequencer components, and I don't know what controls that.

It's a combination of the order you select them for the sequencer, and the speed of each spells projectile. So depending on the set of spells it can be entirely reliable.

Well, my main question was about lower lvl anti-magic spells being ignored by a higher- lvl anti-spell protection spells. It's not about sequencers in general, but about the fact that spells like Spell Trap/ Spell Turning/ Spell Deflection are completely ignoring spell like Spell Thrust, and ONLY Globe of Invulnerability is protecting your defences against a lvl 3 spell. Same applies to Secret Word, Spell Trap is ignoring it, so you don't have to remove Spell Trap to use Secret word. They both will completely ignore each other and Secret Word will still remove one of the lvl 1 - 8 spell protections. And ofc Spell Trap will still stay active, just won't "absorb" secret word/spell thrust/pierce magic. So i'm not sure, if it always was like that, or it's how it supposed to be, i'm kinda new to mage chess in scs, so forgive me :)

Edited by brightl1ghts

Vanilla Spell Thrust only affects up to ~5th level defenses IIRC. And Secret Word up to ~7th level defenses. It's always been that way.

Pretty stupid if you ask me. I would (might?) redesign the system entirely around "# of spell levels blocked" mechanic. Spell Thrust/Secret Word/Pierce Magic et al. wouldn't actually dispel protections, they would simply "burn up" levels more effectively than other spells of the same spell level.

Vanilla Spell Thrust only affects up to ~5th level defenses IIRC. And Secret Word up to ~7th level defenses. It's always been that way.

Pretty stupid if you ask me. I would (might?) redesign the system entirely around "# of spell levels blocked" mechanic. Spell Thrust/Secret Word/Pierce Magic et al. wouldn't actually dispel protections, they would simply "burn up" levels more effectively than other spells of the same spell level.

Thing with burning protections... it doesn't really burn them off, rather shine the helmet of them, as ... Spell Trap does what it says, traps the spell and it's caster gets +x level spell when it's absorbed(not actually blocked). So cast a level 9 "Spell Trust", and the Spell trap is regained by the Lich... meaning you can hit them as many times with Spell Trust as you like, it'll never actually go away. That and simple Invisibility for "Ahh, you'll never touch this, biatch"...

It should work, there’s actually a fairly powerful parser built into SCS’s patch interface. If it doesn’t, try

If a then 1 else (if b then 2 else 3)

But I doubt you need to.

It worked, thanks. Ice golem animation was also problem and I fixed it.

Just as a point of interest on the issue of what you can feed to the parser (and because from time to time I try to tempt people into trying out SCS's scripting languages) the following is legal patch syntax in SCS:

MAKE_PATCH
clone_ability_inline=>"number_to_add=>15 ability_min_level=>entry_index+5"
patch_effect_inline=>"match=>~ability_min_level>1~ duration=>~if duration=0 then 0 else (if duration=18 then ability_min_level*6 else (ability_min_level*6 - 1))~"
END
LAF edit_spell STR_VAR spell=CIRCLE_OF_BONES edits=patch_data END

(It changes Circle of Bones from having a fixed 3-round duration to having a 1-round-per-level duration.) Edited by DavidW

Once again this is probably not totally related to SCS, but I wanted to share just in case it helps or isn't known.

• I'm currently on hour 13 of an install that seems to be slowed down heavily when it reaches SCS.
  • Here is the current install log (as it's still ongoing). Here and the mods used here.

Relevant first warning (of which there are many, and as it has only just passed CMSEC10A on my install, probably many many more)

Line 341881: Warning: it looks as if some entry that should be a key=>value list, isn't (~list~ is currently => ~opcode=206 and parameter2=0 and resource=D5DOM00~ delete_effect => ~opcode=171 and parameter2=0 and resource=SPPR103~ delete_effect => ~opcode=171 and parameter2=0 and resource=SPPR212~ delete_effect => ~opcode=171 and parameter2=0 and resource=SPPR307~ delete_effect => ~opcode=171 and parameter2=0 and resource=SPPR417~ delete_effect => ~opcode=171 and parameter2=0 and resource=SPPR508~ delete_effect => ~opcode=255 and parameter2=0 and resource=D5SPMEM~ delete_effect => ~opcode=206 and parameter2=0 and resource=D5SPMEM~ delete_effect => ~opcode=171 and parameter2=0 and resource=SPPR217~ delete_effect => ~opcode=171 and parameter2=0 and resource=SPPR315~ delete_effect => ~opcode=171 and parameter2=0 and resource=SPPR401~ delete_effect => ~opcode=171 and parameter2=0 and resource=SPPR514~ delete_effect => ~opcode=171 and parameter2=0 and resource=d5pp504~ delete_effect =>

Relevant Failures

Line 17427: Hunk #1 FAILED at 59.
Line 17428: 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file 'haldamir/lib/b!ids.tph.rej'
Line 17874: Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
Line 17891: 1 out of 17 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file tyrisflare/setup-tyrisflare.tp2.rej
Line 342114: Failed to apply general-AI patch to AJANTD (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 342116: Failed to apply general-AI patch to AJANTD (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 342413: Failed to apply general-AI patch to ALEX (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 342415: Failed to apply general-AI patch to ALEX (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 343511: Failed to apply general-AI patch to ARENAHO5 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 343513: Failed to apply general-AI patch to ARENAHO5 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 343814: Failed to apply general-AI patch to ARENHO11 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 343816: Failed to apply general-AI patch to ARENHO11 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 344718: Failed to apply general-AI patch to B!AIDAN (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 344720: Failed to apply general-AI patch to B!AIDAN (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 345090: Failed to apply general-AI patch to B!PRELAT (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 345092: Failed to apply general-AI patch to B!PRELAT (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 347800: Failed to apply general-AI patch to BDDAUSTO (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 347802: Failed to apply general-AI patch to BDDAUSTO (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 353719: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#AJALEX (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 353721: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#AJALEX (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 353969: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#BJORNI (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 353971: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#BJORNI (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 354150: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#KNIG01 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 354152: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#KNIG01 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 354318: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#KNIG02 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 354320: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#KNIG02 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 354486: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#KNIG03 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 354488: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#KNIG03 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 354654: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#KNIG04 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 354656: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#KNIG04 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 354822: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#KNIG05 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 354824: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#KNIG05 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 354998: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#KNIG06 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 355000: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#KNIG06 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 355166: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#KNIG07 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 355168: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#KNIG07 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 355392: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#LCLAUR (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 355394: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C#LCLAUR (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 356277: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C6BRAN (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 356279: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C6BRAN (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 356581: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C6ERIC (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 356583: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C6ERIC (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 356749: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C6ERIC3 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 356751: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C6ERIC3 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 357004: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C6KALDEN (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 357006: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C6KALDEN (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 357191: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C6LEVIN (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 357193: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C6LEVIN (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 357374: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C6NERIT (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 357376: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C6NERIT (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 357566: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C6SQUIRE (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 357568: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C6SQUIRE (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 357762: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C6WILL (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 357764: Failed to apply general-AI patch to C6WILL (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 358516: Failed to apply general-AI patch to CASTLEGR (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 358518: Failed to apply general-AI patch to CASTLEGR (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 359329: Failed to apply general-AI patch to CB4281ST (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 359331: Failed to apply general-AI patch to CB4281ST (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 360457: Failed to apply general-AI patch to CBFIXPRE (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 360459: Failed to apply general-AI patch to CBFIXPRE (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 363107: Failed to apply general-AI patch to CHGOOD06 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))
Line 363109: Failed to apply general-AI patch to CHGOOD06 (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))