IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

Seems to be a bug with the original IR that I never spotted, and seems to mostly (but not exclusively) affect non-magical helmets. Thanks. ...Although non-magical helmets don't grant AC without that component, so hilariously, most non-magical helmets were doing literally nothing this entire time if you weren't using that component. :p

Interestingly, even though I do have that component installed, something has nevertheless re-enabled the "toggle critical protection" flag on all of my helms. I'll have to discover what.

You do understand that if the component is not installed, the game option that removes criticals hit double damage if the character is wearing a pot in their head is on by default. So the helms are doing a LOTs. As it disables that.

What? Did I not just confirm Wyrd's bug report that some helmets (erroneously) do not correctly avert critical hits even if that subcomponent is not installed? So that if you installed IRR without this subcomponent, some helms would not grant critical hit protection OR bonus AC. Did you check IRR's helmxx.itms to see if that was the case? Because I did, and I saw that some were incorrectly set (most likely my fault - second paragraph). I don't know for sure how it works with the EEs, but if you install ToBEx on a non-EE game (and I think most everybody does these days), Configurable Critical Hit Aversion=1 in TobExCore.ini is always defaulted to on. So...some helms would not be working correctly.

My previous post was actually somewhat incorrect, though: I decided to take a look at ToBEx's explanation of its configurable critical hit aversion setting, and I was actually getting it backwards. Helms should not have the flag set if they give protection against critical hits, while all other types of items should if they do. So it was actually the opposite for IRR: most non-magical helms were giving protection against critical hits, while most magical helms were not. Whoops. V1.15b will be coming out shortly to rectify this issue.

Edited by Bartimaeus

1.15b released:

1. Now hosted on github.
  2. Fixed helms incorrectly not averting critical hits if you do not have the helmets grant bonus AC component installed.
  3. Patched some unique quest-related scrolls and rings to not have a quantity amount when using the "unlimited stacking" components of Anthology Tweaks (e.g. Joia's Flamedance Ring) using a dummy effect. This will be done on a "as I see them" basis. Feel free to report additional ones you see having this problem if you use those stacking components and want to see them fixed.
  4. Fixed Horn of Kazgaroth having an incorrect amount of initial charges when purchased from the High Hedge store in BG1.
  5. Corrected Tomes of +Stat (book06, book07, book08) having the incorrect quickslot icon.
Edited by Bartimaeus

hi all,

staff of the air +2 : cloudkill has 0 range

periapt of form stability : is it intended to have a shield and noisy animation ? I personally would like to remove it, can you tell me how to do it with near infinity ?

booth of stealth : in BG 1 EE, they remain unchanged , while it's ok in BG2 EE.

about store revisions: I find that Ardanis have been a bit stingy about the amount of potions and ammunitions . The price is already here to limit player access to it so ...

for exemple; let's take perter the fletcher in Waukyne promenade :

SAY 0xc @200113 // Perter the Fletcher

ADD_STORE_ITEM BOW01 LAST #0 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #3 // Composite Long Bow
ADD_STORE_ITEM BOW02 LAST #0 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 // Composite Long Bow +1
ADD_STORE_ITEM BOW03 LAST #0 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #3 // Long Bow
ADD_STORE_ITEM BOW04 LAST #0 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 // Long Bow +1
PATCH_IF comp_rr_equip=1 BEGIN
ADD_STORE_ITEM ~RR#BOW02~ LAST #0 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #3 // Composite Short Bow
ADD_STORE_ITEM ~RR#BOW03~ LAST #0 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 // Composite Short Bow +1
END
ADD_STORE_ITEM BOW05 LAST #0 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #3 // Short Bow
ADD_STORE_ITEM BOW06 LAST #0 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 // Short Bow +1
ADD_STORE_ITEM SLNG01 LAST #0 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #3 // Sling
ADD_STORE_ITEM SLNG02 LAST #0 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 // Sling +1
ADD_STORE_ITEM XBOW01 LAST #0 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #3 // Heavy Crossbow
ADD_STORE_ITEM XBOW02 LAST #0 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 // Heavy Crossbow +1
ADD_STORE_ITEM XBOW04 LAST #0 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #3 // Light Crossbow
ADD_STORE_ITEM XBOW05 LAST #0 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 // Light Crossbow +1

ADD_STORE_ITEM AROW01 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 UNLIMITED // Arrow
ADD_STORE_ITEM AROW02 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #10 // Arrow +1
ADD_STORE_ITEM AROW11 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #5 // Arrow +2
ADD_STORE_ITEM AROW05 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #3 // Arrow of Biting
ADD_STORE_ITEM AROW08 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #5 // Arrow of Fire +1
ADD_STORE_ITEM AROW09 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #5 // Arrow of Ice +1
ADD_STORE_ITEM AROW04 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #3 // Arrow of Acid +1
ADD_STORE_ITEM AROW10 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #3 // Arrow of Piercing +3
PATCH_IF comp_nodispel=0 BEGIN
ADD_STORE_ITEM AROW07 LAST #5 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 // Arrow of Dispelling +1
END
ADD_STORE_ITEM AROW06 LAST #5 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 // Arrow of Detonation
ADD_STORE_ITEM AROW03 LAST #5 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 // Arrow of Slaying +2

ADD_STORE_ITEM BOLT01 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 UNLIMITED // Bolt
ADD_STORE_ITEM BOLT02 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #10 // Bolt +1
ADD_STORE_ITEM BOLT06 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #5 // Bolt +2
ADD_STORE_ITEM BOLT04 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #3 // Bolt of Biting
ADD_STORE_ITEM BOLT03 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #3 // Bolt of Lightning +1
PATCH_IF comp_ir=1 BEGIN
ADD_STORE_ITEM BOLT05 LAST #5 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 // Bolt of Polymorphing
ADD_STORE_ITEM BOLT08 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 // Blessed Bolt
END

ADD_STORE_ITEM BULL01 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 UNLIMITED // Bullet
ADD_STORE_ITEM BULL02 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #10 // Bullet +1
ADD_STORE_ITEM BULL03 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #5 // Bullet +2
ADD_STORE_ITEM BULL04 LAST #20 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 // Sunstone Bullet
PATCH_IF comp_ir=1 BEGIN
ADD_STORE_ITEM BULL06 LAST #40 #0 #0 IDENTIFIED #1 // Bullet of Smiting (Bullet +4)
END

END BUT_ONLY

Considering that with Spell revisions you can have 40 bullets/bolts/arrows +3 with a level 4 spell (enchanted weapons), I don't see reasons to see so small amount of them in stores.

If I was extreme, I would say that all kind of ammunitions/potions should be in illimited quantity considering we have to pay for it.

especially there is really a mall amount of arrow of dispelling, detonation etc...

Edited by DrAzTiK

Staff of Air: Confirmed and fixed, thanks.

Periapt of Air Protection: Mm, yes, unfortunately related to the secondary type fixes I implemented not too long ago. Seems like protection from sectype automatically applies that graphic effect. How annoying. I'll figure something out.

Boots of Stealth: Seems like BG:EE adds an extra variant of Boots of Stealth that are specifically used for Zhurlong's quest. Thanks, will fix.

Ammunition: There is the issue of stealing (and Perter the Fletcher is one such store you can steal to your heart's desire, if your pickpocket skill is high enough). Beyond that, that would be something more for discussion at large rather than IR Revised specifically, since I was not the one that decided that sort of thing. Not sure that I feel that strongly one way or the other.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I wanted to suggest it for a long time but i didn't because it will put considerably more burden on Bartimaeus.

It would be nice if you forked the original repo and then commit your changes describing the change so they can be pulled upstream by Demi or Mike. This way we won't have two separate projects.

Even if I started doing that, I would never finish because of burnout. It's the simple reality of nearly 1500 altered files. And two furthermores: 1. Some of my changes (e.g. the de-integration of 1pp in the base .itm files) have already been rejected. It would mean not only do I have to figure out what exactly I changed in each file, but I would further need to discard and revert some changes to fit it back into base IR. That's just not happening for a multitude of reasons that are probably pretty obvious. 2. From my perspective, and what would play extremely heavily into burnout, there's no point for me in doing so - to be completely selfish, it does not help me in any manner. It would just be a huge timesink where the majority of stuff would get rejected anyways, and I end up using my version regardless of whether a small portion of it (probably just the reported bugfixes, of which there are currently legion throughout the forums at the moment that have gone unfixed for some time now) makes it.

Subtledoctor has already tried suggesting the same thing a few times, and I'm afraid the answer is still no. It's just not even remotely worth the trouble.

Edited by Bartimaeus

V1.15c released:

1. Fixed a few effects that cause hold (e.g. dvfreeze on Flame of the North) to use Hold Creature II instead of Hold Creature III (will no longer affect undead).
  2. Staff of Air's Cloudkill should have proper targeting and range now.
  3. Arbane's Sword no longer has at-use Haste, but instead a 15% chance of a "Hastening" effect that hastes the user for 5 rounds (somewhat more powerful than vanilla IR's Hastening).
  4. Amulet of Cheetah Speed's Improved Haste, Periapt of Form Stability, and Scroll of Protection Against Alteration no longer cause a spell deflection-like graphical issue.
  5. Zhurlong's Boots of Stealth fixed.
Edited by Bartimaeus
some bugs and questions :)

drowcraft adamantine full plate mail + 3 : give + 50 physical resistance (instead of +30). I play with Revised Armor -> Without Movement Speed Penalties: V4 Beta 10 (Revised 1.15a) component.

drowcraft adamantine chain + 3 : give +30 physical resistance (instead of +20)

staff of thunder and lighting +2 : special abilities are avaible only if we do equip the item.

Also, my AC cannot go under -20 (on BG2 EE) , it it normal ? Is it useless to cast improved invisibility on my character if I have already -20AC ?

about slings : is wielder's strength bonus applied to damage ?

Edited by DrAzTiK

I do not use the damage resistance part of that component, only the revised AC bonuses. My guess is that it's intended the drowcraft armor receive the extra damage resistance, but I don't know for certain.

Staff of Thunder and Lightning: I'm not sure what this means.

-20 AC: Yes, that's normal (and not because of IR).

Slings: Nope, slings haven't ever received a strength bonus besides Sling of Seeking (which IR renames to Sling of Force, I believe).

Staff of Thunder and Lightning: I'm not sure what this means.

for exemple, let's say Jaheira get two weapon slots, the first one is a sling and the second one is the thunder and lightning : If I equip the sling and I am fighting with it, there will be nothing in the F8 "use item" icon.

If I do fight with the staff, I will be able to see and use special abilities of the staff (lightning bolt and thunder and lighting)

about slings : is wielder's strength bonus applied to damage ?

Only the one sling has that, all the others use just Dex to modify damage...

And yes, it's useless to go under the AC -20... actually it should be useless to go under the AC -10, and -20 with armor class modifiers(which are blunt, piercing and slashing).

And how would you even go under -10 AC ?

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

@Draztik: Isn't that normal? Pretty sure that's an engine thing that I cannot change.

Also, I'm wrong - apparently, in umodded BG, slings DO get a strength bonus? But in unmodded BG2, they do not.

@Jarno: It's certainly possibly to go under -10 AC. 18 dexterity means 6 base, Red Dragonplate +5 adds -12, so now you're at -6. Add a helmet for -7, some item of protection for 8, a non-item of protection that still grants bonus AC (like Cloak of the Sewers) for 9, a Large Shield +2 for -14, Barkskin for -18...

Edited by Bartimaeus

@... Red Dragonplate +5 adds -12... some item of protection for 8,

Yeah, those two are normally not cumulative. It's either a +3 armor or a +2 item of protection... and plates are not normally a +5's either, but +3's too. And Barkskin is "Armor", so it shouldn't cumulate with the plate either..

So that's a -18+2+4 = -12 ... and how dexterious your guy must be in a plate armor ? The mod itself has a dex redusing factor build in... not that it needs to be used, to still barely get to the -10 AC limit.

The IR does things to this calculation a BIG time, which is WRONG in so many ways... but sure, if you know your are cheating and still like it, well, just know that you are cheating.