General Bugs Encountered in EET

Roxanne

Issue with Rasaad in Trademeet

I met him (was in my party for a time in BG1) outside of the Trademeet Inn and took him again - promised to help him infiltrate the new cult. Shortly after I met the cutscene party of monks in Trademeet near fountain. That cutscene makes Rasaad disappear - looks like forever. According to NI, there is one Rasaad in Nashkel still where I left him in BG1 part and another one in *None*. So I assume he is lost due to some bug (original game or EET???) in Cut Scene OHRCUT01,bcs

Please upload save that showcases the problem. Also if you have save before transition than it will be useful too. If you had Rasaad in party at any point of BG1 and he wasn't teleported during transition than it must be EET bug.

Looking at the area script of Trademeet (ar2000,bcs) I find this

IF

HasDLC("Rasaad")

Global("RasaadPartyBG1","GLOBAL",0)

Global("ENDOFBG2","GLOBAL",0)

!Dead("Rasaad")

Global("OHR_SPAWN","AR2000",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("OHR_SPAWN","AR2000",1)

CreateCreature("RASAAD8",[1550.1368],S) // Rasaad

CreateCreature("OHRTREYA",[1600.1435],NNW) // Treya

CreateCreature("OHRSSM01",[1486.1435],NE) // Sun Soul Monk

END

IF

HasDLC("Rasaad")

Global("RasaadPartyBG1","GLOBAL",1)

Global("ENDOFBG2","GLOBAL",0)

!InMyArea("Rasaad")

!InPartyAllowDead("Rasaad")

!Dead("Rasaad")

Global("OHR_SPAWN","AR2000",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("OHR_SPAWN","AR2000",1)

CreateCreature("OHRTREYA",[1600.1435],NNW) // Treya

CreateCreature("OHRSSM01",[1486.1435],NE) // Sun Soul Monk

END

Of those two blocks, the second one obviously triggered (as Global("RasaadPartyBG1","GLOBAL",1) was true. Strangely enough it triggered although Rasaad was in my party, i.e. the !InMyArea("Rasaad") was not respected??? If I understand the intention of those two blocks correctly, it should never have happened with Rasaad being in my party at that time.

And - I checked that Rasaad still stands in front of Nashkel Inn (BG4800.are) where he went when I kicked him out in BG1.

And - another Rasaad was in AR2000 to join me, in the vicinity of the inn (most likely he was spawned there AFTER the block mentioned above was executed. that is why !InMyArea("Rasaad") was found true and the other two creatures where spawned.

Here is a save before

and after transition

PS Additional Information - Neera was in my party in BG1 until transition, I found her again in BG2 without any issues (she appears really as continuous character).

What I don't understand is why your final BG1 save has 2 instances of Dorn, Neera and Rasaad in GAM file. If I understand correctly transition didn't start in that save, so there has to be another reason for it. Do you have some earlier BG1 saves to check if they already had duplicated GAM entries? I think this may be related to the report considering there wasn't a problem with Viconia transition even though you didn't have her in your final party (1 GAM entry, moved correctly to AR1000). Also no problem with Edwin that you had at some point, but not in the final party.

edit: after investigating it further I think I know where the problem lays. The only affected NPCs are those added by Beamdog. What they have in common is spawning via CreateCreature instead of GAM reference and MakeGlobal() usage that for some reason doesn't work as expected. In Dorn's case his GAM reference is duplicated as soon as MoveGlobal("OH1000","DORN",[382.531]) is used by CUTDN1D.BCS. From now on there may be problems with calling him by DV if he is not in active area. I will test it a little more and make a report on Beamdog forums if my findings are correct.

Should be fixable because MakeGlobal() is not really needed in most cases (DV is added to GAM file automatically when NPC joins the party), so I can simply remove it from scripts that spawns Neera, Rasaad and Baeloth. With Dorn some additional changes will be needed because his existing CRE file from Friendly Arms Inn is supposed to be teleported via CUTDN1D.BCS before he joins the party.

It will be fixed soon, but not sure how to help you with your current BG2 quest as I don't really know it. If this is a matter of missing CRE file than probably spawning a new one will fix the problem.

Thanks for the report.

edit2: ok, now I'm confused. Dorn's GAM reference clones no matter what. After removing MakeGlobal() and adding him to default GAM file to make him reference able outside of party he still duplicated GAM entry after MoveGlobal was used. Just to be sure I've also added this into CUTDN1D.BCS that moves Dorn:

MoveGlobal("OH1000","Jaheira",[382.531])
    MoveGlobal("OH1000","Khalid",[382.531])

and as expected they didn't duplicated the GAM entry like Dorn did. What makes Beamdog's NPCs special to break the engine like this? ??? I've also checked it in vanilla BG:EE and same thing happens there. Nasty bug that I have no idea how to resolve.

Thanks for the feedback.

For my current game I can work around it, based on your information (I had not much plan for the beandog NPCs anyway - I have Hexxat and Neera at this time and that is enough from that side).

I will check Viconia later on. I had no problems with Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen, or my own NPC all of which I had in BG1.

What I don't understand is why your final BG1 save has 2 instances of Dorn, Neera and Rasaad in GAM file. If I understand correctly transition didn't start in that save, so there has to be another reason for it. Do you have some earlier BG1 saves to check if they already had duplicated GAM entries? I think this may be related to the report considering there wasn't a problem with Viconia transition even though you didn't have her in your final party (1 GAM entry, moved correctly to AR1000). Also no problem with Edwin that you had at some point, but not in the final party.

edit: after investigating it further I think I know where the problem lays. The only affected NPCs are those added by Beamdog. What they have in common is spawning via CreateCreature instead of GAM reference and MakeGlobal() usage that for some reason doesn't work as expected. In Dorn's case his GAM reference is duplicated as soon as MoveGlobal("OH1000","DORN",[382.531]) is used by CUTDN1D.BCS. From now on there may be problems with calling him by DV if he is not in active area. I will test it a little more and make a report on Beamdog forums if my findings are correct.

Should be fixable because MakeGlobal() is not really needed in most cases (DV is added to GAM file automatically when NPC joins the party), so I can simply remove it from scripts that spawns Neera, Rasaad and Baeloth. With Dorn some additional changes will be needed because his existing CRE file from Friendly Arms Inn is supposed to be teleported via CUTDN1D.BCS before he joins the party.

It will be fixed soon, but not sure how to help you with your current BG2 quest as I don't really know it. If this is a matter of missing CRE file than probably spawning a new one will fix the problem.

Thanks for the report.

edit2: ok, now I'm confused. Dorn's GAM reference clones no matter what. After removing MakeGlobal() and adding him to default GAM file to make him reference able outside of party he still duplicated GAM entry after MoveGlobal was used. Just to be sure I've also added this into CUTDN1D.BCS that moves Dorn:

MoveGlobal("OH1000","Jaheira",[382.531])
    MoveGlobal("OH1000","Khalid",[382.531])

and as expected they didn't duplicated the GAM entry like Dorn did. What makes Beamdog's NPCs special to break the engine like this? ??? I've also checked it in vanilla BG:EE and same thing happens there. Nasty bug that I have no idea how to resolve.

Additional info on Dorn in BG2 part of EET

He is in temple district - he gives his BG1 joining dialogue - when I invite him to join, he accepts but stays blue and out of party. Talking to him again just loops the same sequence.

No big loss for me...I just tried this to see what happened...I do not miss him.

It's a strange bug encountered in EET but I don't think it's related to EET (I've not noticed it in my previous Install) : some items sometimes disappear when stacking.

I've noticed this at least with scrolls, ice arrows and magic bolt (probably more).

I have reproduced it several times but it does not "work" each time.

I take from ground a scroll of Charm Person (lvl 1 mage scroll) and give it to my 6th characters that already have one scroll of this kind... and I got... only 1 scroll :)

sometimes it happens when moving the scroll from the backpack to Quick Items or from the backpack to an infinity stacking bag...

I wish I knew where to start from to investigate this but : 1. I never heard of such a bug and 2. I've never heard of a script managing stacking of items...

Anyway it's not a blocking bug ;)

He is in temple district - he gives his BG1 joining dialogue - when I invite him to join, he accepts but stays blue and out of party. Talking to him again just loops the same sequence.

no need to report PDIALOG problems unless you're using latest beta with the stuff mentioned in this post implemented. The old workaround is no longer used and I can't even test your findings related to it since I no longer have access to old beta. Although thanks for report, of course.

As for the problem with duplicated GAM entries for Rasaad, Neera, Dorn and Baeloth I'm yet to investigate those properly. Been very busy lately but it will be fixed before release.

I wish I knew where to start from to investigate this but : 1. I never heard of such a bug and 2. I've never heard of a script managing stacking of items...

never heard about anything like it. Sounds like an engine bug to me. I will check if I will be able to reproduce it. Single player or multi player? Are you using "quick loot" bar or picking those scrolls manually?

never heard about anything like it. Sounds like an engine bug to me. I will check if I will be able to reproduce it. Single player or multi player? Are you using "quick loot" bar or picking those scrolls manually?

I started a multiplayer game and then, move my savegame to single player (like I do most of the time to set my whole party :) ) at the very start of Candlekeep.

I am not sure if this happens when using "quick loot" bar, but I am sure it happens when I take them from ground manually to backpack, when moving items from char to char or from backpack to quick slots or from backpack to bag of holding (and other kind of bags).

could it be linked to "Unlimited * Stacking" from bg2_tweaks ? or to "Stackable *" from SCS ? or "Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable: v30" from SCS ?

The latter is strange to me... this should be the default behavior... why have I to install a component for this ?

Edit : I will try to check if this also happens with the quick loot bar...

I started a multiplayer game and then, move my savegame to single player (like I do most of the time to set my whole party :) ) at the very start of Candlekeep.

I am not sure if this happens when using "quick loot" bar, but I am sure it happens when I take them from ground manually to backpack, when moving items from char to char or from backpack to quick slots or from backpack to bag of holding (and other kind of bags).

could it be linked to "Unlimited * Stacking" from bg2_tweaks ? or to "Stackable *" from SCS ? or "Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable: v30" from SCS ?

The latter is strange to me... this should be the default behavior... why have I to install a component for this ?

It may be related to this type of gameplay - I have a normal party of NPCs and I never use bags/containers etc. and I had no such issue with any type of item (I started EET at Candlekeep and just arrived at Spellhold)

Are you sure Fouinto that it's not just staking the items to greater stacks. Like if you install the unlimited staking arrows, you can sure buy items from a store in a piles of 40, say you buy 3, but you always will end up with only one pile that has 120 arrows in it. You can then redistribute the piles to other NPCs by double clicking the item fast enough so you can separate a portion from the whole. Say take 60 arrows and give to Imoen, and if she has already arrows in her inventory, say 37, then she ends up with a 97 in her pile that had the 37 in the first place. If it's not already equipped.

The wands should not stack themselves though, but potions, scrolls, arrows, etc do this stuff all the time. The reason why the wands shouldn't, is that they have multiple charges per item, and thus should be stack able in the same slot at all.

It may be related to this type of gameplay - I have a normal party of NPCs and I never use bags/containers etc. and I had no such issue with any type of item (I started EET at Candlekeep and just arrived at Spellhold)

I already made few full (CandleKeep->ToB) runs of EET before with the same kind of gameplay (multi->single) I never had this bug before, That's why I don't think it's engine related (nor EET related in fact :) ). I just post here in case someone noticed something similar...

Are you sure Fouinto that it's not just staking the items to greater stacks. Like if you install the unlimited staking arrows, you can sure buy items from a store in a piles of 40, say you buy 3, but you always will end up with only one pile that has 120 arrows in it. You can then redistribute the piles to other NPCs by double clicking the item fast enough so you can separate a portion from the whole. Say take 60 arrows and give to Imoen, and if she has already arrows in her inventory, say 37, then she ends up with a 97 in her pile that had the 37 in the first place. If it's not already equipped.

The wands should not stack themselves though, but potions, scrolls, arrows, etc do this stuff all the time. The reason why the wands shouldn't, is that they have multiple charges per item, and thus should be stack able in the same slot at all.

I am sure of this.

Most of the time, I have 1 scroll in my backpack and another 1 in QuickSlot and I got only 1 when moving the 1st one on the 2nd one...

I also saw that I have only 1 dispel arrow at chapter 4 in my quiver, when i have already picked up at least 4 or 5 of those (not sure of the exact number).

I am sure of this.

Most of the time, I have 1 scroll in my backpack and another 1 in QuickSlot and I got only 1 when moving the 1st one on the 2nd one...

I also saw that I have only 1 dispel arrow at chapter 4 in my quiver, when i have already picked up at least 4 or 5 of those (not sure of the exact number).

So it disappears. Hmm, ok, --change-log the .itm file and upload the folder... (assuming the arrows are: arow07.itm)

Aka run a .bat in the game folder with this in it:

mkdir pinkpony
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log arow07.itm >pinkpony/change-log.txt --out change-log

And package the "pinkpony" folder as a .zip file, and upload it to a site and give us download address, the forum might also accept it.

Also, with the arrows, you might want to makes sure that there's no other factors involved, like when you pick up the arrow that if you equip it on a character(to the arrow slot), that he won't fire the arrow, as you can shoot it to a regular guy and nothing happens despite you just fired the 2000 GP golden arrow of magic death(cause they have nothing to dispel).

It just happens to me when putting an BOLT05.ITM (Bolt of Polymorping) in a CMBAG05.ITM (Ammon Belt)
I already had one in the Quiver before putting another one in it... and I still have one after :)

change-logged bolt05.itm :

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 23801
This is a non-stable version. Unless you're sure about what you're doing, consider downgrading.

No file in the directory

Edit : What I don't understand, is that I can't reproduce it if I try :(

I've tried with My 9 Charm person scrolls (the item I have lost the more this way)... adding them one by one to my quickslot...

Edit 2 : I did something wrong when change-logging, I will retry

Archived