Question about the tweak pack and some baldurdash stuff

Guest lockhart

Guest lockhart

I also have a small question unrelated to the topic. There is some cool stuff in the beta tweaks that doesn't look like it should break the game - is there any real danger installing these, or does the beta status just mean that no one has played through the entire game with them yet?

Beta status should refer to a situation where bugs may still be common. Compability would also be unknown.

Why don't you just play SCS2 and Ascension? It seems to be roughly the same.

To answer: you should be able run Fixpack with this mod, but errors/crashes may be frequent.

I also have a small question unrelated to the topic. There is some cool stuff in the beta tweaks that doesn't look like it should break the game - is there any real danger installing these, or does the beta status just mean that no one has played through the entire game with them yet?
Had you read the Readme you would know what the beta state means with the Fixpack... it means that as there is more than 10 miljon different combinations of WeiDU mods, no one can actually test them all, and then bug fix them. The beta fixes should work as well as the others, if not combined with certain specific mods.

Now, I would actually use the WeiDU mods only, so that discards the early Baldurdash versions, and use the BD-WeiDU gained from BlackWorms Lair, from here.

And then use the fix components of the (G3)BG2Fixpack, use the non-fix components of the BaldurDash-WeiDU(do not use the last component!!!), as this should be most combatible with all the other mods... and if you are searching of how to make your own large custom installation, I would suggest that you read the Pinned topics from here, and about the BiG World Project, which is just the most experienced and easiest way to do the whole thing, and like the Bible, it can be misunderstood.

Slightly belatedly:

Supposing I have a version of Baldurs Gate 2 (original, not EE) with a few mods already installed (principally the Pocket Plane Group pair of NPCs, Kelsey and Keto) including the original (non-WEIDU) version of Baldurdash Bugfixes?

It's gonna be really annoying to have to go for a complete uninstall / reinstall of the whole game just to get the rest of the fixes. Supposing that the old Baldurdash fixes (and dialog fixes) were installed *first*, will installing this recognise it?

(I can see how and why it would cause problems if one were to do it the other way around.)

Supposing that the old Baldurdash fixes (and dialog fixes) were installed *first*, will installing this recognise it?

It won't, if you talk about the BG2 Baldurdash fixpack, cause that'ss not a weidu mod. You also might wish to go and find if the Kelsey and Keto mods were updated. But you can also play the game without any fixpacks. The game might feature a few flaws, but those flaws are subject to consideration, as none of them actually fix a crash to desktop situations. Now I personally like most of the stuff the the G3's fixpack does, and would recommend that you drop all the others, as shown above, but that's partof my currentTM opinion. Which is, install all the BG mods using the BWS, without the need to make downloads without it.

PS, the link is a direct download to the tool. The only thing you need is a clean BG2:ToB install with the patch to v2.5.26498.

Dang. So this means that if what I already have is a BG2-TOB install with the original version of (non-WeiDU) Baldurdash already installed, which is NOT removable in anything like the same way, I have to get rid of it and reinstall everything, this Fixpack first and then the other mods (Kelsey + Keto + others) over the top of it?

Well, you don't need the (G3)BG2Fixpack in BG2EE game(Enhanced Edition), because it's intergrated into the game. Just like the Widescreen mod and a few of the other mods. How, well, the EE game makers took the mod notes and added it to the game among other things...

Archived