Upcoming changes

I can't attach any files at all (using Opera in Linux). I get a "Error No file was selected for upload" message when I've clearly selected a file for upload and it even shows the path to the file. Same exact issue as at SHS after the forum upgrade - clearly an IP.Board bug. A very major bug since the whole reason I'm trying to attach a code file is because the forum hoses CODE tags (by stripping out or inserting extraneous indents). If someone could investigate and resolve, I would appreciate it.

Just text files (.txt, .d and .tp2). It doesn't say the filetype is invalid or anything, just "No file was selected for upload."

I just tried a .pdf and .jpg - same thing there too.

Oh, and I can't attach things through the control panel attachments section either - there's not even an option for it. I've got about 5k used of 1mb of space it says.

Obviously a Linux issue with IP.Board - they probably didn't account for Linux filepaths, which are different from Windows.

I don't see anything on it at their bug tracker, but there's a lot of posts and maybe their own search function doesn't work well (wouldn't really be surprising). Also odd it wouldn't be fixed if it happened with 3.2.3 and they've got a 3.3 now. (Hey let's upgrade *again*! Maybe that'll fix it! :D)

Edit: forgot why I came here. Someone really needs to make it so users can edit their own posts under their user IDs, not block them just because their IP addresses change. I confirmed this is the case in the L1NPCs forum (where I can see IP addresses) - one user was able to edit his posts up until the moment he started posting under a new IP. Let's get with the 21st century folks - dynamic IPs change all the time.

Edit2: oh and the chatroom doesn't work in Linux/Opera either, though I wasn't aware it worked at all until I just saw folks using it (I can see the chatters but the chat box never loads).

I don't know if it's the right place... well I've got some problems on G3 forums:

- I can't edit my own posts in forums when they were posted several hours ago.

- I must login each day (and sometimes even several time per day) - my navigator is Firefox v10 and I have already delete my cookies.

Not terrilby surprising but this occurs with Firefox on Linux as well, with both the basic and advanced uploaders.
Not just limited to Linux, because I got the same thing with Opera on XP. Attachments only work with IE or something similar. No one's reported this?

Fun fact - I'm not ignoring your reports but here is the reality:

Unfortunately most of these bugs are software bugs, and not something we can fix with magic and/or fire. I imagine they'll get fixed as IPB makes new releases, but in the meantime, all I can recommend is trying a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox, and using the latest versions of those browsers (it's 2012, no reason to be pulling out the old dusty IE7 or whatnot). I've enabled as many file types as I could think of for modding-related attachments so at this point, it really is a waiting game, or for those of you who want extra credit (or just a place to bitch and moan and have someone actually do something about it), feel free to go to the IP site yourselves and see what the holdup is.

As for issues such as log in information not being remembered, there is a solution to that problem and it has been mentioned already. Also, I have enabled members to edit their own posts - that never changed. If that's not working please let me know.

I think they meant the inability to edit when the IP changes. If you're here on a laptop, you're bound to be connected to different networks.

Regarding that - I'll see what's up. Shouldn't be an issue since it should be based on username and not IP.

As for the other stuff, previous answer applies.

I've enabled as many file types as I could think of for modding-related attachments so at this point[...]

I'd just like to chime in that - for me - the problem is that the "Attach Files" button isn't even there. Or well, it's there for one (1) thread on the entire G3-forum: Feedback for v7 (in IWD-in-BG2). There I can attach files without a problem, but there's not even a button to do it for any other thread in the forum...

EDIT: I really appreciate the work you and others are doing for us forumites theacefes! :thumbsup:

I use Chrome but I am also experiencing odd behaviours.

If I enable the Bold, Underline or Italics and I start writing and then I push backspace, instead of going one step back from where I am, it does from where I started using Bold, Underline or Italics. Pretty annoying.

The "can't edit my post after some minutes" bug is something that happens to me as well. The problem with having to log in every time is something I reported already in the past. After installing again Chrome, I no longer had troubles here but I did have the same problem on other website (so I think it's Chrome's fault).

As for issues such as log in information not being remembered, there is a solution to that problem and it has been mentioned already. Also, I have enabled members to edit their own posts - that never changed. If that's not working please let me know.

If you speak about this post, it didn't work with my account. If there is another solution, please let me know. I don't have any problem on SHS.

About, I still can't edit my posts. For example, this one (LVL1 NPCs), this one (SCS) or this one (Spell Revisions).

Archived