Your Most Hated IWD2NPC

Domi

Your Most Hated IWD2NPC  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Peony.

Sorry, I guess I'm too much of a WoW player and compared to gnome voices used there, Peony's is just so annoying. Not to mention that her cheerful inanity made me wish for "throttle Peony" option in PID. But that's just me.

Lol, the whole thread is about personal preferences, so bring it on without backward glances. There is a complimentary poll on the fav NPC around the corner too for positive impressions. :)

I'll have to add more as soon as I finish a game. I am only partways past the first section and already Nord just ticks me off. But I guess I am always annoyed by holier-than-thou types and he already strikes me as that and being an insufferable know-it-all (in the words of my love Severus Snape!)

I like the rest of my party so far I just have to figure out the romance stuff.

I'll have to add more as soon as I finish a game.

Heh, just remember that we have a companion thread for liked characters as well :) I didn't want Nord to be a standard character, to be honest, hence his advanced age, experience and personality. Valeero is in the same vein.

Guest Dragon Wench
I'll have to add more as soon as I finish a game.

Heh, just remember that we have a companion thread for liked characters as well :) I didn't want Nord to be a standard character, to be honest, hence his advanced age, experience and personality. Valeero is in the same vein.

First of all, hello Domi, you've seen me around the GB Forums :)

I have experimented with several different parties, and I have to say that I really love most of the NPCs you have created.

Initially, my kneejerk reaction would have been to put Diriel in this list... just because of what he represents. Basically, A Faerun version of a Social Darwinist.. one with somewhat sociopathic tendencies no less. But then, as I kept him in my party, I became interested in his complexities.

I ended up concluding that while I still really dislike his personality, he is a brilliantly written character, and kudos to you and anyone else involved for having created him.

No, my least liked NPC is actually Valeero. For me, at least, she comes off as quite sanctimonious and a tad boring.. In truth, oddly enough, despite being a Cleric she is almost a stereotypical paladin, as opposed to Nord, who most certainly is not :)

(Actually, I have Nord multi-classed to a Cleric in one of my games)

So.. if you are indeed planning any more Clerics... *looks hopeful*

(waves) Hello!

At the moment my IWD2 writing is Diriel's romance. I still would like to do at least one of my two clerics, but it won't happen this year for V1 release, I am afraid. I am too emotional about getting Bishop's romance into the game at the moment to get myself going on a new project :)

Guest Dragon Wench
At the moment my IWD2 writing is Diriel's romance. I still would like to do at least one of my two clerics, but it won't happen this year for V1 release, I am afraid. I am too emotional about getting Bishop's romance into the game at the moment to get myself going on a new project :)

Fair enough, and this project is a mammoth task! :)

Anyway, if one is willing to forfeit Nord or Prachi advancing in their original classes, they both multi nicely to Clerics. Or, you could even multi Diriel to a cleric, though I really like druid spells so for me that wouldn't be a first choice.

Equally, if you have both Diriel and Salomeya in your party you are quite well covered for healing. In one game I have worked on Salomeya's "Use Magical Device" (Hmmm... the mind wanders when that phrase is used in conjunction with her.. :) ), and thus she can read Priest scrolls as well.

Anyway, if one is willing to forfeit Nord or Prachi advancing in their original classes, they both multi nicely to Clerics.

I have a game where I multiclassed Nikosh into a Cleric of Mask. :)

Thought I'd post with my registered username this time ;)

Ouch! Poor Nikosh.. I mean, it fits in terms of the profession.. but... in some ways Nikosh reminds of a male Peony, he's generally of a lighter disposition :)

LMAO!

Anyway to topic, I've been thinking more about why I dislike Valeero, and I suspect it also has to do with her oft-repeated "truisms."

My PC in that game (a Tiefling Monk) keeps wanting to ask if she's ever had an original thought in her head. :) :)

One man's meat is another man's poison. (Sorry! Truism intended, there. :) ) I like Valeero specifically for that reason. She might not be Faerun's most original thinker, and that's kind of cool, too. NPCs need personality, and if Valeero's got that going for her, she's succeeded.

But time to keep the threads together.

Thank you Berelinde! I think if worse comes to worse I'll pin the threads once the version goes into final, so they always be nearby. :)

As for Valeero, I think somewhere it's hinted that she invents at least part of her proverbs, but yes, Valeero is a solid person whose love for artistic and different is expressed in a different fashion than being a brilliant speaker. I wanted hers to be a comforting 'guard your back, but not latch onto you' presence. I always try to have more than one thing going for an NPC, and in Valeero's case, it's her backstory of overcome problems, her lovestory and her relationship with Neverwinter, though the latter, I think, is more interesting in an evil PC's case.

None of which means that people have to like her, lol.

Ouch! Poor Nikosh.. I mean, it fits in terms of the profession.. but... in some ways Nikosh reminds of a male Peony, he's generally of a lighter disposition

LMAO!

Lol, no, it was not a role-playing descision, no. :) Role-playing wise, I'd keep him as a pure rogue, or start DC'ing him into a wizard.

After completing my first full IWD2 run with the NPC Project, I think I'll have to reluctantly say my least favorite NPC was Peony, even though I romanced her. Simply put-I couldn't stand her, aside from a few touching moments in the romance. She never shut up, and if she was truly serious with my protagonist once during the entire game, I wrote it off as a bug. None of the other npc's in my party bothered me, really.

I just wanted to make a small note that all NPCs have the same amount of content more or less, with an exception of Salomeya-in-romance whose romance is special. What Peony does have is a faster than everyone else's timer, so her talks will pop up first and foremost, while other might stay never triggered particulary of you play the game very fast. This is one disadvantage of not having true random banter engine and RealGlobalTimers. :(

I really, really dislike Peony. She's so annoying. Really can't stand her, but she does has something.. vaguely cutesy. Followed by Jaemal. Mind you, not because he's bisexual, which I think is totally awsome btw. There are plenty lesbian mod's out there, but to make a homosexual relationship available is really cool, and a bit brave I might add. Beeing a homosexual myself I might add :thumbsup: But the point is, he's a bit pushy. To start giving me affectionate nicknames so early in a potential romance is a bit.. icky to my personal taste. Personally I'd have probably slapped him :)

Heh, there is really nothing brave in making Jaemal bisexual. The character was concieved as homosexual from the get-go. Just like his romance was always planned to start off with a strong visual/statement.

Anyway, I hope you will enjoy other characters more than Jaemal and Peony :thumbsup:

Archived