Melody and Bard Song Icon/Detect Objects

Salk

Well. Cam...Since I got your attention on that can you please be kind enough and answer here too http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...=15entry28746 ? :)

However about this topic, I thought you might join in the discussion to give your own opinion about the idea. I have no contacts whatsoever and no modding knowledge. That's why I came and offered my suggestions. If people do not comment though, the topic can hardly develop.

#igi I didn't mean that the TAB key should be disabled. The TAB key would still work. It's just that the result (object highlighting) would now depend on the dice rolls instead of being an automatic success.

Hm...Perhaps nobody here thinks this idea is worth at all but I would still like to know what you think before I try and propose it elsewhere. The G3 was the first place that came my mind as this could be easily one of the tweaks that'd come with the TuTu tweak pack but oh well...We will see...

Well...I meant it to be part of the TuTu tweak actually. So installing it would be self informing, so to say. It could not be ever taken for a bug as the installation would ask the user if such optional component is desired. I just wish somebody could take a look and seriously made contacts with expert modders to join up forces and implement this! :)

Well...I meant it to be part of the TuTu tweak actually. So installing it would be self informing, so to say. It could not be ever taken for a bug as the installation would ask the user if such optional component is desired.

I guarantee you that the last thing that will cut down on, much less eliminate, false bug reports is this change being part of a tweak pack.

Well...I meant it to be part of the TuTu tweak actually. So installing it would be self informing, so to say. It could not be ever taken for a bug as the installation would ask the user if such optional component is desired.

I guarantee you that the last thing that will cut down on, much less eliminate, false bug reports is this change being part of a tweak pack.

Well, what can I say ? If people that are *willingly* installing Tweak Packs do not even care for reading what they are gonna do to their own game...I even doubt that they deserve any kind of support.

This fear of creating false bug problems can't be a reason to not develop the modified TAB function which, I am sure, would be welcomed by many, many players!

I just wish somebody could take a look and seriously made contacts with expert modders to join up forces and implement this!

Not to sound my own trumpet, but I'd count myself as a fairly advanced modder.

This fear of creating false bug problems can't be a reason to not develop the modified TAB function which, I am sure, would be welcomed by many, many players!

Or, because as I've said, there is no way to disable the TAB key.

It may be possible to hook something extra into the TAB keypress, so that thieves can say "Hey, look, an object" if they spot one, but the objects will highlight anyway, because the default behaviour of the TAB key cannot be changed. Which would make it all rather pointless.

#igi: I am sure you are a very good modder! I just thought that maybe you let it go for lack of interest and not because what I suggested is totally impossible to realize.

It's a bid sad to think that the TAB key can't be modified in any way and not even disabled.

Perhaps a work around would be to make "Thieves" anticipate the player by coming up with one line that says "We'd better keep an eye open 'round here. There might be something valuable" or something similar if there are objects in the surrounding area.

Can this be possible at least ? :)

Yeah, thats possible. But then you have to decide if it's worth the effort of doing, given that most players will just press the TAB key every 30 seconds anway.

You're right about this,igi but at least the role playing feelings would certainly benefit of such comments. In this way we can still feel like it's the thieves that had spotted objects of interest...I wonder if there is any custom sound that would suit this...

Yeah, thats possible. But then you have to decide if it's worth the effort of doing, given that most players will just press the TAB key every 30 seconds anway.

You're right about this,igi but at least the role playing feelings would certainly benefit of such comments. In this way we can still feel like it's the thieves that had spotted objects of interest...I wonder if there is any custom sound that would suit this...

I don't think Imoen, Nalia, Yoshimo and a thief PC all saying, whenever you enter 99% of the rooms in the game, "There are items here!" would enhance roleplaying. Quite the contrary, I think it would quickly drive the player stark raving mad.

*And Jan.

Edit: Removed Haer'Dalis, for some reason I thought the proposal applied to bards too.

As always, I'm one step (or 2 years) behind Salk...

Hey, what ever happened to changing/extending the bard song(s)? Was the reference to pushing the song icon ever found? Salk, did you ever make that 7-second fade-in/fade-out clip? Can this tweak be done manually, by those of intrepid experimentation inclinations?

Hey, what ever happened to changing/extending the bard song(s)? Was the reference to pushing the song icon ever found? Salk, did you ever make that 7-second fade-in/fade-out clip? Can this tweak be done manually, by those of intrepid experimentation inclinations?

:bump:

Archived