Corthala Romantique is up for adoption

Domi

I guess. I saw Valygar's talk at the Throne of Bhaal and I was impressed. But I am sure you will not disappoint. Sometimes, when my heroine declined godhood and Valygar was in the party, I pretended that Valygar's epilogue was theirs - that she helped him in his position of a Chief Inspector and then they have had a son, a pride of his life and a joy of hers.

It will be good to finally have it in your mod. Really good. ;)

Guest Erenya

I don't know if this site is still in any way active, as much of the modding community I used to download from has fallen by the wayside or relocated.

But what is the status of this Mod? I always liked Valygar, but found the tortured souls romance a little naff to be honest.

Any updates would be appreciated

Valygar's Romance in the Tortured Souls and Corthala Romantique are written by the same author, Domi - Corthala Romantique is the latest, more full, expanded version.

It has been written and coded and is now being brought up to date by Meira. The release date hasn't been announced, yet.

Basically what was done to TS version was that the talks that were written for SoA were moved back to SoA (Vlad moved a few to ToB), and a number of new talks were written for ToB specifically. I aslo added a quest. Meira took it over from there to bring the romance more up to date in terms of more options/bugs and all sorts of updates to make it more comparable to modern mods (it was written for personal use in the days when Kelsey was in version 1, after all.) I don't know if those updates will be enough to make it interesting for someone who had seen the TS version.

And G3 is still an active site. It's just Corthala Romantique had long and turbulent history, and by the time it's fallen into Meira's laps it was already quite messed up by three different coders for a number of years.

Kulyok's Xan's romance has a path through it that allows romantic friendship with Valygar in ToB.

Because I am mean and evil. :)

If you play Xan Romance all the way from BG1(BG1 NPC Project) to SoA(Xan mod), you'll see that in some ways, it was wanted.

(And, to contribute something on-topic, I think it is fully compatible with Corthala Romantique, too).

Because I am mean and evil. :D

Actually, I think what you did with Valygar in the bonded path in ToB was totally brilliant.

But that's just me! :)

Can't wait for Meria to work her magic on what Domi did. Valygar's such an intriguing character.

Because I am mean and evil. :D

Actually, I think what you did with Valygar in the bonded path in ToB was totally brilliant.

But that's just me! :)

Can't wait for Meria to work her magic on what Domi did. Valygar's such an intriguing character.

Could I find out about the Valygar content for the bonded path if I start a new TOB game only? I have done the Xan paths before but never with Valygar in my party. Darn I missed that! :D

I wonder why Meira doesn't have a forum for Valygar Romanticque. But that's okay as she may not because she's fixing it rathr than making it all over and she does have Amber she and Deiros are working on.

Anyway I really wonder how a romance with Valygar would be. I never dared to try TS before because I've heard it is buggy and not compatible with all the other mods out there and I play with lots of mods. So I guess I'll just have to wait and try to be patient. :(

Anyway I really wonder how a romance with Valygar would be. I never dared to try TS before because I've heard it is buggy and not compatible with all the other mods out there and I play with lots of mods. So I guess I'll just have to wait and try to be patient. :)

Trust me, it'll be well worth the wait. :D

Could I find out about the Valygar content for the bonded path if I start a new TOB game only?

Yes.

Thanks! I've just started a new TOB for this and have had a couple of Valygar's talks. Ooooh he's so sweet! I feel so sad for him that my pc was bonded with Xan now but can't wait to see this all turns out. I will hate to see Valygar's heart broken but I can't see any other outcome.

You know this makes me wonder if Valygar has some nice dialogs with Xan in SOA non-bonded path. If so I may have to try that too!

Nice work Kulyok and thank you so much. I am really really enjoying your work. :)

Heh. Thanks - yes, they have three dialogues in SoA, one of them after killing Bodhi and exiting the dungeon; also, when they approach the Planar Sphere together, there is a funny exchange.

But to get more of Valygar, you'll have to wait what Domi and Meira will come up with. :)

I just finished TOB and I loved every dialog Kulyok! They were so sweet and supportive.

But the spoiled little girl in me was a bit bummed to see his Bioware epilogue. I couldn't help but be a bit disappointed that he got over his love for Charname. I know that is awful but I acutally was a little jealous even though Xan was waiting with open arms for her later.

I really can't wait for Meira's finished product for Valygar. I have to admit that I never really cared much for Valygar until now. You made him special and really changed my mind. Now I need Meira's Valygar now now now! :)

I thought it would be too sad, if he ended up lonely for the rest of his life, just because he met CHARNAME on his way. In two or ten years, I think he'd get on with his life, even though he'd still care about her.

But I very much understand where you're coming from. NPC-NPC romances irk me for this reason sometimes. Kelsey, romancing Imoen within two weeks of our breakup certainly does.

Archived