Some general questions

Avenger

Besides the romance talks, and the item in SoA (and ToB), is there any new content?

In other words, will there be a quest, new spell, a new area?

They'll be a sort of quest that will take place (unless you rush through the game), which involves her test at the Temple of Lathander. It's a little more in depth that Anomen's one though, so hopefully it'll be a nice surprise. There are also some other new items but we don't want to give everything away. :(

As for other 'new things', the romance has a tiny tweak to most of the lovetalks in that if you say you're too busy to talk to her, she'll be fine with that (most of the time). Then a little while later she'll restart the talk with you with an alternate starting dialogue to reflect the fact she's tried to bring up the topic before. It's not a major thing but it was something that bugged me about the BioWare romances.

Edit: However for the most part we didn't go out of our way to add too many flash features because we wanted her to blend in as 'just another regular NPC', as opposed to 'let's take over Charname's quest by going to a magical land' or 'look I'm half drow, half deva, half badger and half bad at using fractions!'. We just wanted her to be BioWare+ (i.e. the regular material plus mod additions that have become standard e.g. flirtpacks)

... so she's not half-badger? :p

Sorry, Andy, no. No stripes :(

A new cleric??? Yippeee!!! :D Not only will be she a VERY welcome additon to a party of mine, but her class is very welcome as well, as I never play a cleric myself and sometimes tire of the current available ones.

Also, what a lovely portrait. ;)

Buth that portrait is too blured and not enough "painted" - some simple edits and everything will be allright :(

And also... main idea of that mod is simple.. but I love it ;) I've never thinked about that sort of NPC - always I was thinking about special kits, strange dualclassing... and here there is a fighter/Lath cleric.

Maybe it's so strange request, but can you create optional component which take her off kit? I love full integralisation with game :p

Buth that portrait is too blured and not enough "painted" - some simple edits and everything will be allright :(

You're actually the first person to say that. I guess if we have a lot of feedback on the portrait we might ask Bons to make some changes, but we're pretty fond of it by now, so we'd need a good reason to edit it.

And also... main idea of that mod is simple.. but I love it ;) I've never thinked about that sort of NPC - always I was thinking about special kits, strange dualclassing... and here there is a fighter/Lath cleric.

Maybe it's so strange request, but can you create optional component which take her off kit? I love full integralisation with game :p

She has no kit. She's just a Fighter/Cleric who happens to get her spells from Lathander, not a Fighter/Cleric of Lathander. The reason for that being:

1) She hasn't passed her test yet so even if we wanted her to, she would be a Fighter/Cleric of Lathander yet.

2) We also like full integration with the game :D

Guest Veloxyll
Besides the romance talks, and the item in SoA (and ToB), is there any new content?

In other words, will there be a quest, new spell, a new area?

In what way is 70,000+ words of new dialogue not 'new content'?

but we're pretty fond of it by now, so we'd need a good reason to edit it.

Not to annoy you with this all over again, but she does not really look elven. Her portrait is excellent for a half-elf.

An early version of the portrait had the tips of her ears pointing through her hair, but it looked kinda dumb so it was removed.

As it stands though she has decent cheekbones, is absurdly pretty and has shampoo-add hair. Isn't that elven enough?

Hello -

As for other 'new things', the romance has a tiny tweak to most of the lovetalks in that if you say you're too busy to talk to her, she'll be fine with that (most of the time). Then a little while later she'll restart the talk with you with an alternate starting dialogue to reflect the fact she's tried to bring up the topic before. It's not a major thing but it was something that bugged me about the BioWare romances.

I really like this idea. Killing the romance at the drop of a hat (i.e., Bioware modus operandi) is quite aggravating. I'm sure it is a PITA to track this on a per-lovetalk basis, so kudos to you for going to the trouble.

Congratulations to you both; your NPC will be a welcome addition to BG2.

That's either that Piper character from Charmed or its one of the original Charlie's Angels..can't remember her name...but she was indeed pretty! :(

Phoebe, but yeah, Charmed is correct. Alyssa Milano is the actress. ;)

And yes, we're aware that G3 already has an NPC with Rose McGowan's portrait :p

Archived