New Baldur's gate?

Haplo

I just read some news in a VideoGame magazine..... apparently they "washed the face" of the website baldursgate.com, and they expeculate that is for a new game that It will be made by a former Bioware guy, Osten something, who created a new company.

If this hold any thuth... well, let's just say that is the kind of news I've been waiting for 12 years!!!

Anyone knows anything else??

As far as I know, Atari actually has the rights to the Baldur's Gate series (last year they released an anthology disc, supposedly compatible with Windows 7) that has Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 (and their supplements), Icewind Dale 1 & 2, and Planescape Torment. However, these are still the old games, no other major updates.

Been so long since I've played or seen BG1 (game discs were stolen ten years ago) that I recall very little of it.
You poor, sorry... oh wait, you lucky SOB... you're in for a $5 treat that anything outside Thailand can't get you. BG1 is much better than BG2.

Atari? didn't know that :)

One thing I never understood is why they did not made any kind of major change in the game if they were about to re-release them, to make some money, or why they never made a BG3 for that matter. There's a huge community around the world who still plays all the I.E games, mods and everything. Large enoguh to make serious benefit out of it. But I guess we'll have to keep dreaming about it.

As far as I know, Atari actually has the rights to the Baldur's Gate series (last year they released an anthology disc, supposedly compatible with Windows 7) that has Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 (and their supplements), Icewind Dale 1 & 2, and Planescape Torment. However, these are still the old games, no other major updates.

And you can get that anthology for <7€ @ GamersGate. For all those with discs stolen/gone/broken; this is Godsend and an absolute must.

Yeah. It's kind of like Duke Nukem Forever, also known as Duke Nukem *Takes* Forever, which has finally been released after 12 years in development. Cool game, I'd play it. I used to love Duke Nukem 3D.

But I wonder how many people are still waiting for a new Duke Nukem game? 12 years is a long time. Games lose popularity, other games are released such as the Halo series, Borderlands series, etc.

I guess Baldur's Gate could be the same. It was released in 2000, also 12 years ago this year. What I'd be concerned about, if they ever make BG3, is them making it like NWN or NWN2. However, if they make it like, say, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, KOTOR... then I would be happier. Preferably like BG1 and BG2, although that seems unlikely.

And you can get that anthology for <7€ @ GamersGate. For all those with discs stolen/gone/broken; this is Godsend and an absolute must.

Just be aware that the anthology has problems installing mod content, particularly EasyTutu but also BGT.

Archived