Jaheira's plot still bugged

Anomaly

Hi,

I know Jaheira plots, quests and romance has always been a nightmare.

Even with the last BG2 FixPack, Jaheira seems to be still bugged.

My PC is female, so no romance with Jaheira. After Xzar is killed by the harpers, Meronia appears immediately to kidnap Jaheira. You rest, Jaheira reappears. If you ever say that you don't want to go, this is where you trigger that bug.

Jaheira will say that you need to go to the Harper Circle and will wait you there (which is, I think, the expected behavior). But if you go there and talks to her, she will say something like "this is not the good thing to do... we need to go to the Harper Circle." and will leave... to reappear exactly at the same place. If you ever try to talk to her again, she is angry like if you are going to reject her from the party (but she is not in the party currently) and she seems to already know that she has been rejected by the Harpers (but the Galvarey encounter didn't happen yet).

Looks like you're getting state 32 of jaheirap.dlg instead of state 21.

ADD_TRANS_ACTION jaheirap BEGIN 46 END BEGIN 0 END ~SetGlobal("JaheiraHarperPlot","GLOBAL",4)~

should fix it. Or maybe it needs to go before the EscapeAreaMove to not bug out.

Looks like you're getting state 32 of jaheirap.dlg instead of state 21.

ADD_TRANS_ACTION jaheirap BEGIN 46 END BEGIN 0 END ~SetGlobal("JaheiraHarperPlot","GLOBAL",4)~

should fix it. Or maybe it needs to go before the EscapeAreaMove to not bug out.

We can't have JaheiraHarperPlot set to 4 as it would prevent Galvarey from spawning inside the Harper Hold. This is from AR0308.BCS:

IF
Global("JaheiraHarperPlot","GLOBAL",3)
Global("GalvareySpawn","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("GalvareySpawn","GLOBAL",1)
	CreateCreature("JAGALVAR",[929.943],14) // Galvarey
	CreateCreature("JAGA1",[1038.906],14) // Bessen
	CreateCreature("JAGA2",[929.907],14) // Kail
	CreateCreature("JAGA3",[819.978],14) // Nadinal
	CreateCreature("JAGA4",[812.1080],14) // Iko
END

Proposed alternative, we could change the requirements of states 21 and 32 as follows:

// Fix for Jaheira having the wrong dialogue when a non-romance protagonist refuses to follow her to the Harper Hold

<<<<<<<<bg2fixpack/inlined/jaheirap.d
REPLACE_TRIGGER_TEXT ~jaheirap~  ~GlobalGT("JaheiraHarperPlot","GLOBAL",3)~ ~Global("JaheiraHarperPlot","GLOBAL",3) AreaCheck("AR0300") !InParty(Myself)~
ADD_STATE_TRIGGER ~jaheirap~ 32 ~!AreaCheck("AR0300")~
>>>>>>>>
COMPILE "bg2fixpack/inlined/jaheirap.d"

This will prevent Jaheira from disappearing and reappearing and also ensure that the proper dialogue triggers when you talk to her in front of the Harper Hold.

Archived