Photo

Critical hit aversion

32 replies to this topic

#31 Grammarsalad

Grammarsalad
  • Modders
  • 477 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:08 PM

...Can a crit on hit effect affect the attacker? What if one eff or spl, however it works, targets the attacker with a 1 second effect that halves their damage output? Maybe that would effectively negate the extra damage(?)

Edited by Grammarsalad, 07 March 2017 - 08:09 PM.

#32 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2739 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:46 AM

I have to guess that since the effect has to apply only once a crit has been achieved, the hard-coded damage would be processed first.

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#33 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6781 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 22 September 2018 - 04:43 AM

Hi from Poland We started to play at VaS a couple of days ago and we still cant agree when is the change to critical hit. First option is on natural 6 roll only, and the second on 6 roll after all modification to DD. Please help. Yeah, I know... this is obviuose, but...

The game uses a d20, or twenty sided dice, not d6's.

gato-20-sided-polyhedral-dice.jpg

And the natural critical hit is only on the 20's. There are weapons and other things that can allow you to critical hit on 19's too, but that's only if it's a hit after the modifications. The natural 20 ALWAYS hits.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users