Install order with IPPv4

amitlath

So what's the current recommendation for install order with 1ppv4?

Will installing 1ppv4 after IR break IR's changes to items or we'll just get the newly added items from 1PP and all IR's revisions will remain intact?

What about the other way round? If IR goes after 1PP how much of the new graphics will be lost?

Thanks.

Edit: I did read the other topic on 1PPv4 but wasn't able to clearly understand answers to the above q's. My apologies if it should have been clear from that.

IR v3 will be fully compatible with 1PPv4. Until then, there are tradeoffs to either installation order.

Right now, IR uses some icons, animations, and paperdolls from earlier versions of 1PP. It also assigns customized colourings and glows to items, some of which are based on changes made to an item's lore and properties.

Theoretically, if you install IR on top of 1PP, you will see IR's graphics for all IR items and you'll miss a lot of the new stuff in 1PPv4. If you install 1PP on top of IR, you will get all the new stuff, but you will lose any customizations from IR. Both installation orders should leave IR's non-graphical changes and 1PP's new items intact.

Installing 1PPv4 with the current IR v3 litteraly ruins my work on shields and helmets, causing a lot of mess. I would not reccomend installing 1PP after IR, but for some reason Erephine decided to change animation's names, and thus installing the full 1PP before IR is not a good thing anymore too. :( For example: 1PP BGII style large shields were c4 back then, now with 1PPv4 they use c2, while c4 is used by bucklers! This means that installing 1PPv4 shields with the current IR will cause all IR's large shields to appear as bucklers! :'(

That being said, while the current compatibility status is terrible, I have worked on it, and thanks to 1PPv4 I'll finally be able to fully realise my dream: using all BG1 and BG2 animations at once.

Anyway, I think I could summarize the situation this way:

- 1PPv4 is compatible with the current IR, but avoid installing 1PPv4 shield and helmet components. IR still has to be installed after 1PP.

- the next release of IR will be fully compatible, and I'll take full advantage of Erephine's wonderful job to make IR even better than it is now

On BGT, it's easy to combine IRv3, SRv3 & 1PPv4.

IRv3 >> ...\item_rev\components\main_component.tpa

Remove all lines under "1PP Content" (lines 287-339), useless with 1PPv4.

1PPv4 >> Don't install the component "Spell tweaks" (incompatible with SRv3).

Install IRv3, SRv3 then 1PPv4.

The only conflit is about the "SPER04.itm", a unused item from BG1.

On BGT, it's easy to combine IRv3, SRv3 & 1PPv4.

IRv3 >> ...\item_rev\components\main_component.tpa

Remove all lines under "1PP Content" (lines 287-339), useless with 1PPv4.

1PPv4 >> Don't install the component "Spell tweaks" (incompatible with SRv3).

Install IRv3, SRv3 then 1PPv4.

The only conflit is about the "SPER04.itm", a unused item from BG1.

That may work to some extent, but it's a lesser degree of compatibility than we are trying to achieve with the next release of IR and SR. IR assigns a lot of colourings and 1PP animations to its items which are intended to override the assignments that 1PP gives to the vanilla items.

Just to clarify. Do you mean not using full 1ppv4 until the release of Item Revisions v3 whereas we are currently on v3 beta?

I should clarify comments about the version history and plans. After IR v2 was released and hotfixed, Demi and Ardanis worked on the next version - a beta of v3. It received some updates that were sometimes referred to as v3.1 beta. At one point, we were still intending to release this as the official v3. However, that probably would have been confusing, so we are now intending to release the next official version of the mod as v4.

I agree, 1PP changes the colors, but it is that I want. ^^

IR >> description, stats & effects.

1PP >> colors, icons, & appearance.

Keep in mind that IR started with the colour, icon, and appearance changes from 1PP. Then the colours and appearance were updated to fit with IR's changes to item abilities and descriptions. That's why I say they are intended to override the item changes assigned by 1PP.

It would be easier to explain if we included more screenshots with the mod documentation.

If I'm installing IR v4 beta right now, what is the recommended install order? I see the much earlier posts claiming that 1PP compatibility is planned, but is it realized in the beta? And should I install:

1. All of 1PP, followed by all of IR
  2. Part of 1PP, followed by all of IR
  3. Part of 1PP, followed by all of IR, followed by part of 1PP (avoiding helmet & shields & other components as recommended by BWP)?

If I'm installing IR v4 beta right now, what is the recommended install order? I see the much earlier posts claiming that 1PP compatibility is planned, but is it realized in the beta? And should I install: ...

Or you could just install the IR, it has all the compatible 'art' files already in itself.

Archived