looking for bg2 testers

lynx

Lot's of changes have happened since the last release and it's about time we make another one. Some of those changes were deep in the core, so a good test is needed first. The basic stuff is covered, but I usually do a full game runthrough to check the critical cutscenes are still working. As the most complex, bg2 is the ideal game to test with. Tests with iwd or bg1 are welcome too though.

So we're looking for someone or somethree that can do a speed run through bg2 (soa is enough) in the next two weeks. It takes about a day or two, depending on how much you're dragged into normal gameplay.

The test is to be done with the latest builds from our build bot (or your own build).

Jumping (ctrl+j) and cheating (lvl 30/30 monk/sorcerer; ctrl-y) is not frowned upon, after all, it's about finding holes in the fabric of the multiverse, not petty Faerun matters.

It is easier for us to debug gemrb if the game is lightly modded (fixpack only), but we don't expect problems, so you can try any combination you like.

Any help will be appreciated!

I can stop testing the Glory of Istar demo and give it a go. I will see if there may be issues with the GoI uninstall.

I will be using Level 1 NPCs mod and maybe another.

Lack of diagonal scrolling should be a hassle, ditto inability to use the Esc key for pages.

If testers use uber-powerful parties that will enable them to finish testing and get their results back to you quicker. Game balance will be hard to assess but that is presumably inherited from the original BG2 anyway.

The current git version of gemrb does not compile on my system right now

/home/mark/opt/gemrb/gemrb/core/Scriptable/Scriptable.cpp:895:54: error: no 'void GemRB::Scriptable::SendTriggerToAll(GemRB::TriggerEntry&)' member function declared in class 'GemRB::Scriptable'
/home/mark/opt/gemrb/gemrb/core/Scriptable/Scriptable.cpp: In member function 'void GemRB::Scriptable::CastSpellPointEnd(int)':
/home/mark/opt/gemrb/gemrb/core/Scriptable/Scriptable.cpp:951:75: error: 'SendTriggerToAll' was not declared in this scope
/home/mark/opt/gemrb/gemrb/core/Scriptable/Scriptable.cpp: In member function 'void GemRB::Scriptable::CastSpellEnd(int)':
/home/mark/opt/gemrb/gemrb/core/Scriptable/Scriptable.cpp:1010:75: error: 'SendTriggerToAll' was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [gemrb/core/CMakeFiles/gemrb_core.dir/Scriptable/Scriptable.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [gemrb/core/CMakeFiles/gemrb_core.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Ishad: well the simplest thing to do is to solo (we don't do anything to affect game balance on purpose) it and to start from a fresh install (no interference, plus you'll be able to test goi later). I will add diagonal keypad scrolling later. Remember that also jumping scrolls the viewport automatically.

mark: indeed, the last commit was incomplete. Fixed.

Archived