EET - Killing Sarevok Not Triggering SoD

Installed EET about a week or two ago and was enjoying it muchly until I got to the end of BG1. I killed all of Sarevok's acolytes and then Sarevok and nothing happens, has anyone experienced this or know of a way to force the SoD transition?

I tried CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DeathOfSarevok","GLOBAL",1) but to no avail. Not sure if its relevant, but I also had a bug in Durlags tower where after killing all the elementals it wouldn't teleport me to the chess board. Setting the global flag for that fixed that issue though.

Mods Installed via BWS:

SCS + Ascension

EET Tweaks - Total XP Cap Disabled/Wand Case

Klatu's Tweaks and Fixes - Free Action does not prevent haste or movement rate bonus

I have the exact same problem.

Tried the console travelling but didn't work.

Do you have any other suggestion ?

I add to create Sarevok again by CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("SAREVO")

And kill him with a CTRL + Y

Weird thing is second time he had the Sword of Chaos +2 and it triggers the next phase when I picked it up.

Edited by Madieron

there was a report like this recently here: https://github.com/K4thos/EET/issues/28

I can't reproduce it on clean EET after loading a save attached in the linked topic, so I assumed it's a problem introduced by some other mod. In the linked save there was Tamoko NPC which may be related to the problem. Do you have her in the party?

Weird thing is second time he had the Sword of Chaos +2 and it triggers the next phase when I picked it up.

no idea which mod changes SoD start based on sword pickup, it's not EET though.

Mods Installed via BWS:

SCS + Ascension

EET Tweaks - Total XP Cap Disabled/Wand Case

Klatu's Tweaks and Fixes - Free Action does not prevent haste or movement rate bonus

these mods seems harmless. Unkinhead, if you still have save made before the battle please upload it, so that I can test if I will be able to reproduce it.

Edited by K4thos

Hi K4thos,

Indeed I hired Tamoko.

I searched on this forum and on Roxanne's. Seems it is one of her mod. (Tamoko EET Mod).

I read a thread here on EET forum about Roxanne implementing Tamoko mod to delay the beginning of SOD. (BTW Tamoko seems very buggy to me, no XP but lvl 10 Cleric, no Weapon proficiency but very good THAC0)

So I think I got to ask her on her baldureextendedworld forum.

Edited by Madieron

I think you need to talk to Duke Belt in the Duchal Palace to start the transition to SoD in this case. At least that's what the outline of the mod was iirc.

It's always a bit tricky to combine such features/tweaks with an NPC mod. I prefer keeping things like that separate.

Hi Jastey,

I did speak with Duke Belt in the Duchal Palace, it triggers some dialogue where Duke Jannath "take" Imoen for training (related to an old promise made to Gorion and Winthrop).

After that dialogue Belt tells me to go back to the Undercity to take care of the remaining followers of Korlasz.

Then Dukes leave and when I come back to Undercity and/or Undercity temple (where dead Sarevok lies) nothing happens :S

BTW this is clearly the kind of mod I would have prefered to avoid but I chose so much mods (I wanted the biggest modded game possible :D) I didn't check this :S

(Impossible for me to register on Roxanne forum)

Is there any CluaConsole code I can use to at least trigger myself SOD ?

(Normally DeathOfSarevok global var should already be set to 1 since I created him a second time via console and killed him also with console)

Edited by Madieron

Oh, you are right. You need to go back into the Undercity and then the transition into Korlasz's tomb is supposed to trigger somehow. I don't know how exactly, though. Is there no clue at all in the mod's readme?

The area code for the first SoD area would be bd0120 but I am pretty sure this will not start the SoD part in your EET game officially. Might well be you would be able to play through the SoD campaign but I would be afraid it might come back at a later point and lead to problems.

Edited by jastey

Jastey,

This is what I found in the readme of Tamoko Mod EET from Roxanne :

"Talking to the dukes sets a global and returning to the temple starts the transition.
-
Practically nothing in the original scripting of EET was changed except the one extra condition to start the transition
(i.e. make a report to the dukes first)."
I deduct that somehow this global var is not set (to 1 I suppose ?)
Would you have any idea what kind of global var she had used for this ?
Taken from another thread about transition between BG1 -> SOD etc
"

Therefore most mods (and mods adding to vanilla NPC) use a Global that was already used in the classic games and in BGT Global("EndOfBG1,""Global",X).

X can be 0 (BG1) 1 (SoD or) 2 (BG2)

Events that advance it are Sarevok's Death 0>1 and Entering Irenicus Dungeon 1>2.

"
Maybe it is this global that she uses ?
Does C:GetGlobal("EndOfBG1","Global") would work to check its value ?
Edited by Madieron

When I use C:GetGlobal("EndOfBG1","Global") this variable is equals to 0

When I try something like C:SetGlobal("EndOfBG1","GLOBAL",1) nothing happens and if a do a get again I still got the 0 value

Do I do something wrong ?

This syntax is supposed to work 'cause I can change values of DeathOfSarevok from 1 to 0 and 0 to 1.

Why can't I do it with EndOfBG1 global var ?

Weirder...

Outside the Undercity Temple I can succeed to Set Endofbg1 to 1 (I check after with a Get)

but........

Inside, it always stay to 0

I am now exploring her dialog file to see if there any hint...

EETswo.d

TamokoJ.d

Edited by Madieron

After a lot of tries and error with some global variables I found the solution

In her EETswo.d she sets some SWO_Delay variable to 2 and 3.

The condition to trigger SOD entering the Undercity Temple with her Tamoko Mod is this :

Having EndOfBG1 equals to 0

Can be set via C:SetGlobal("EndOfBG1","Global",0)

AND more importantly

Having SWO_Delay equals to 1

Can be set via C:SetGlobal("SWO_Delay","Global",1)

Then entering the Temple triggers the transition

I contacted Roxanne via email she told me to set the SWO_Delay to 3, this is the default fonctionnal behaviour (Didn't test it since setting to 1 works also)

Edited by Madieron