Yoshimo and the Fate Spirit, and other issues...

Rana

After reuniting with Yoshimo in Brynnlaw after rescuing Imoen, I took him along with me for nearly the rest of the game - all the way through the Underdark and up to Suldanessellar. There never came a point where Yoshimo talked to the PC about just why he needed to leave the party, nor did the mage confrontation ever occur.

Finally conceding that perhaps these conversations and encounters take place in Throne of Bhaal, I removed Yoshimo from my party and picked up someone else from the Copper Coronet to replace him. Upon getting to the Tree of Life - mind you, without Yoshimo in the group - Yoshimo's Tree of Life dialogue fired, attempting, though since he wasn't present it just ended the entire dialogue tree after I made my first selection.

Last but not least, after starting Throne of Bhaal, the Fate Spirit still says that Yoshimo can't be summoned, as he is dead. Isn't this mod compatible with Throne of Bhaal? Or did I miss something? After sifting through the other companion's Throne of Bhaal DLG files, I can't find any references to Yoshimo.

Someone help me out here. -.-

Alright, from what I can tell, the version of Keeping Yoshimo here doesn't have any dialogue files pertaining to the Fate Spirit or ToB at all.
An easily-overlooked defect in the mod no doubt, but perhaps to be expected since last I checked it was still in beta (or maybe even alpha).

It would be easy to extend the fate spirit dialogue to allow for Yoshimo (several NPC mods do this I'm sure... perhaps you've got some quick snippet for it, K).

As a matter of fact... :thumbsup:

// Adding Nephele to the Fate Spirit

EXTEND_TOP FATESP 6 #13
+ ~!Dead("Nephele") !InMyArea("Nephele") Global("LK#NepheleSummoned","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~Bring me Nephele, the halfling cleric.~ DO ~CreateVisualEffect("SPPORTAL",[1999.1228]) Wait(2) CreateCreature("lk#ne25",[1999.1228],1) SetGlobal("LK#NepheleSummoned","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO 8
END

This is from one of my almost-released mods (and stolen blatantly from Auren here at G3--check her out if you want an example of how this works in a mod). If you exchange this with stuff for Yoshimo, once he's summoned just ctrl+q him into the party. :thumbsup:

As a matter of fact... :(

// Adding Nephele to the Fate Spirit

EXTEND_TOP FATESP 6 #13
+ ~!Dead("Nephele") !InMyArea("Nephele") Global("LK#NepheleSummoned","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~Bring me Nephele, the halfling cleric.~ DO ~CreateVisualEffect("SPPORTAL",[1999.1228]) Wait(2) CreateCreature("lk#ne25",[1999.1228],1) SetGlobal("LK#NepheleSummoned","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO 8
END

This is from one of my almost-released mods (and stolen blatantly from Auren here at G3--check her out if you want an example of how this works in a mod). If you exchange this with stuff for Yoshimo, once he's summoned just ctrl+q him into the party. :thumbsup:

Heh, well if I wanted a quick and dirty solution I'd just teleport to the Copper Coronet, pick up Yoshi and dump him back off in the Pocket Plane. :thumbsup:

You mentioned "this version" of Keeping Yoshimo - I'm guessing there are other versions? Is the one that's posted here somehow out of date? Because that's the one I am using.

Well, "the version" -- there are older versions, I'm sure! The one uploaded is (I assume) the oldest. Unfortunately Icendoan and Lemernis do seem to have disappeared, but hopefully they'll return and add the promised ToB functionality. It wouldn't be at all difficult to do.

One more thing... the Celestial Harmony sword. It's uh, garbage. Is it supposed to reduce your movement speed to 50%? Or is this somehow not working properly? These are the effects of the weapon.

Abilities:

Calm Mind: +2 INT

50% Movement

Slower APR

Quick Parry: 10% Chance on hit to be immune to all weapons for one round

Type: Attacks per round bonus (1)

Targettype: TargetSelf (1)

Power: 0

Value: 1

Modifier type: Set (1)

Duration: Instant/While Equipped (2)

Dispel/Resistance: No dispel/Bypass resistance (0)

Time: 0

Probability 1: 100

Probability 2: 0

Unknown: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 h

# dice / Max level: 0

Dice size / Min level: 0

Savetype: ( No save )

Save bonus: 0

Unknown: 00 00 00 00 h

Type: Intelligence bonus (19)

Value: 2

Modifier type: Inc/Dec (0)

Type: Movementrate bonus (126)

Value: 50

Modifier type: Set % of (2)

Somehow I get the feeling that it's supposed to increase your movement speed by a value of 50 - similar to how the Boots of Speed increases your movement speed by a value of 200. Instead it just makes you move very slowly. :|

Well, "the version" -- there are older versions, I'm sure! The one uploaded is (I assume) the oldest. Unfortunately Icendoan and Lemernis do seem to have disappeared, but hopefully they'll return and add the promised ToB functionality. It wouldn't be at all difficult to do.

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed then! Thanks!

Somehow I get the feeling that it's supposed to increase your movement speed by a value of 50 - similar to how the Boots of Speed increases your movement speed by a value of 200. Instead it just makes you move very slowly.
It sets your movement rate to half of what it is, according to the description and ability. It doesn't seem terribly useful, unless you needed something to boost your intelligence temporarily.
Guest Pei Shan

i tried a new TOB game for fun.. and when i summoned him using the fate spirit i got the dialogue from Irenicus' dungeon.. "do you think we are in Athkatla?"

LOL

Archived