wishlist

Avenger

You can modify kits even in bg2.

The news is that with gemrb you can add change mage schools to work exactly like kits and you can somewhat modify classes as well. You can also have more kits than in the original games.

It's great, but what about adding new races? Sorry if this has been answered before.

-Chance to accidentally hit other people when firing into melee.

-Shield AC only for the front/left arcs of the character.

-weapon-specific number of attack/to hit bonus against X effects. Right now one can have a dagger of X hitting in off hand end get a bonus to hit against X with his other weapon. Or one can have a sword of speed in his off hand and get a bonus attack for his other weapon.

-chance to accidentally hit someone in melee

Best implemented with a projectile which is applied when the ranged attack is a miss.

I think this has a chance, as it needs minimal changes to the core.

-shield AC

This seems doable, but more changes in the Core. It works only if the AC is in a separate stat. So, I think it is doable only in the IWD2 mode.

-weapon speed bonus

This is actually an ugly bug or design flaw in the original which they didn't fix.

It would require separate stats for left/right hand.

Sadly we don't have any free stats :thumbsup:

Also, the hit counts are done in a way it is not trivial to convert to the right way.

Almost anything can be done. ??? We'll need to implement detectable spells for iwd2 anyway (or is this different from spellcraft?), so with some tweaks to use adnd stats, it could be used in other games too. Detectable weapons sounds like something new though.

Would it be possible to have it so that you can level up characters yourself when you get them? I remember a mod that did something like that, but it was handled out of game, and I'm hoping for an easier, in game way of having, say, a swashbulkling Imoen.

...maybe it's been to long since I've last played, but I remember being able to customize your character after creating them, like hair color and stuff... Maybe a button in there that "level 0's" the character, and lets you rebuild them from scratch might be a good option. That way you don't *have* to build the character every time.

Also, the hardcoded interface buttons... are those being loosened up? I think those greyed out buttons taking up quick item slots that kits have are an absolute abomination. It would also be good to be able to have a bard song singing paladin if somebody wanted to make such a thing.

it should be possible in the original too, by modifying npclevel.2da. I think level1 npcs did it externally so you could also change some other stuff.

Setting the level back to 1 in gemrb would enable you to relevel up the character, but it would not undo all the previous level-related boni.

Guest Paul

I remember trying to reset my characters to level 1 using shadowkeeper, and finding out that they still had a lot of there former power left over, which meant a lot of going back and editing. The gemrb code does the same thing?

What I was envisioning was a handy button (just a code would be fine, really, but why not go all out?) that will reset everything but the xp earned, and let you make a balanced but redesigned character. I used the "level1 npcs" mod a lot, and got a lot of enjoyment out of it. Having those same options be a part of the game, and being able to make changes on the fly would be nice.

Maybe a "story" tag or whatever should be attached to abilities like the Bhallspawn powers so that they don't get lost with the other stats? Something else I'm a little concerned about preserving is the "fudging" bioware did to spice up the characters... maybe there could be a cheat mode for the level up screen, for the people who want to have a paladin Mazzy, for example... or let Aerie stay a dual classed caster but have kits. And all the characters who's stats aren't high enough for their class... I guess this would be the mode where you could have dual kits, as well?

Archived