wishlist

130 replies to this topic

#121 Avenger

Avenger
  • Modders
  • 3805 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:10 PM

make it so familiars can level :)

This is entirely a modding issue. I think, even the original had persistent familiars (pocketing one wouldn't have erased the gained levels). Oh, well, they couldn't gain xp, but you can always use the level of the protagonist.

#122 Guest_i30817_*

Guest_i30817_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:41 PM

F/M/T/C and associated tables and interface?

#123 Avenger

Avenger
  • Modders
  • 3805 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:59 PM

Four classes may be a problem (lack of stat slots).
You can try to merge some of the classes and then create a multiclass with those.
Or create a single class with all the features.
Or go with the iwd2 type classes.

Edited by Avenger, 14 September 2011 - 10:01 PM.

#124 lynx

lynx
  • Modders
  • 3143 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:40 PM

it's called a bard.

GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Looking for Planescape: Torment testers
Play android version IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE: reported bugs will be ignored! Still looking for builders ...

#125 Guest_i30817_*

Guest_i30817_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:25 AM

You can try to merge some of the classes and then create a multiclass with those.

Stats have limited slots? I assume you're writing about things like turn undead, hide in shadows, etc.
The classes share slots?

Because i'm doing a script for a F/M/C that adds a few hotkeys taking advantage of the fact that the Hide in shadows and findtraps functions are exposed in the scripts.

I could also do the same for pickpocket and disarm traps, but i don't know of a way to hijack the cursor (in BGII Tob).

#126 Guest_i30817_*

Guest_i30817_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:29 AM

There is this example:
http://forums.gibber...mp;#entry190561

But i'm unclear how the "%trigger%" was acquired (and besides, even if it is a simple as clicking/hovering the npc or trap, the cursor wouldn't change, leading to some major confusion).

#127 lynx

lynx
  • Modders
  • 3143 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:44 AM

he meant levels, xp. The action bar is fully customisable already.

GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Looking for Planescape: Torment testers
Play android version IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE: reported bugs will be ignored! Still looking for builders ...

#128 Guest_i30817_*

Guest_i30817_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:57 AM

he meant levels, xp. The action bar is fully customisable already.

I understand, though i'm not quite sure about how a multiclass is handled then. If each class of a F/M/T is not "normalized" (speaking about database theory here) on a row in a table, how can it keep track of the different level ups per class?

If it does, then why isn't adding a row easy (ex: FMTC_CLERIC_LEVEL)?

#129 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6823 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:29 AM

The classes share slots?

Well, the original BG2 characters have just three class slots... so if you don't want to make an algorithm that rewrites all the character files to add in a few bites in them, and everything else that depends on the .cre structure, then you'll have to take the 3 slots you have been given. You can make a CustomSorcerer-Druid-Thief, but not add a fighter to that... but you can customize the Sorcerer to give the fighters thac0 and let it do the melee.
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#130 Avenger

Avenger
  • Modders
  • 3805 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:34 AM

Stats have limited slots? I assume you're writing about things like turn undead, hide in shadows, etc.

No.

The classes share slots?

Yes, there are only 3 level stats and 3 'past XP' stats. This, plus a lot of hardcoded stuff maximizes bg2 like multiclasses to 3.
Note, that IWD2 like classes are supported differently (but this is incomplete).

#131 Avenger

Avenger
  • Modders
  • 3805 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:36 AM

The classes share slots?

Well, the original BG2 characters have just three class slots... so if you don't want to make an algorithm that rewrites all the character files to add in a few bites in them, and everything else that depends on the .cre structure, then you'll have to take the 3 slots you have been given. You can make a CustomSorcerer-Druid-Thief, but not add a fighter to that... but you can customize the Sorcerer to give the fighters thac0 and let it do the melee.

Actually, you can have a new class (you don't have to overwrite the sorcerer or any other class). Everything else is correct.
If you don't want to dual class this thing, then a new single stand alone class is a better solution.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users