Creating a new world map in EET for a campaign

Any of you ever created a new world map and add it? If so, some pointers would be greatly appreciated. I found no mention of this on any threads.

I intend to take the worldmap from Planescape Torment and add new places, since the campaign will take place in Sigil.

Thanks for your time. ?

Any of you ever created a new world map and add it? If so, some pointers would be greatly appreciated. I found no mention of this on any threads.

I intend to take the worldmap from Planescape Torment and add new places, since the campaign will take place in Sigil.

Thanks for your time.

The idea itself is kind of contrary to what EET does. Among other things, it uses ONE worldmap for all of the game. Other than vanilla EE games, the EET does not switch maps for campaigns. The SoD or ToB worldmaps for example are never used.

On install you can select to either use the one big EET map or the BP_BGT-Worldmap. The second one covers more of Faerun and is required by a number of mods adding new areas outside the basic game terrain.

Admittedly, Sigil is not on either of those maps. The very large worldmap (8000x6300) in BP_BGT-Worldmap has some special inserts for areas supposed to be outside, e.g. Icewind Dale in the NW or Hlondeth in the middle. While those two are already used by other mods (also Leondore Island in SW is already used), there are some others that might suit you, like Selgaunt (middle of the map) or Luskan (maybe too artificial). Or take some other large uncharted area in the east of the large map.

So I must include the areas of Sigil on the big world map? If so, surely there's a way to close the access to other regions - since Sigil is out of Abeir-Toril. I ask only because of realism between plane travel of course. I take for example in Bg2, the player could not jump from the underdark directly to Amn.

Thanks for the pointers. ?

So I must include the areas of Sigil on the big world map? If so, surely there's a way to close the access to other regions - since Sigil is out of Abeir-Toril. I ask only because of realism between plane travel of course. I take for example in Bg2, the player could not jump from the underdark directly to Amn.

Thanks for the pointers.

Not sure if you *must* do it this way...it just appears as the way consistent with EET.

The way to exclude your inner-Sigil maps from the normal travelling is something you may copy from the Bone Hill mod. This mod adds an island with a number of maps, you can travel between those maps but you can only travel from/to the island via scripts. Something similar is with the werewolf island in the BG1 part of the game. You set those things in the links.tbl that you need for adding your maps to the worldmap, i.e you define only links between your areas but no other areas and you do not make your maps accessible from neighboring external maps. It has all been done before, so you can look how they did it for those cases.

Edited by Roxanne

unless you want to ping pong around, I suggest you create a map anew, just of the relevant planescape area.

Maybe I just misunderstood the intention.

You can actually use EET for a new campaign in two ways.

1. Adding it to the trilogy just like SoD was added and IWD may be in some future - you can go there and back during your normal game, provided the conditions are met.

2. You can access a separate campaign from the game start menu - like you do for Black Pits

Of course I was commenting on the 1,