Questions

Guest a fan

Hi!

First things first, I want to say that I greatly admire what you are doing here. I have taken a look at all the writing and ideas - impressive is not enough to describe how amazed I am at everything. Thank you so so much for working on everything! Do not give up! :) Go the extra mile! IT WILL BE WORTH IT! :D

Got a couple of questions for whoever seems fit enough to answer them...and sorry if they've already been asked.

I checked pretty much everywhere and you only briefly mentioned that in werewolf form (which D can change to and fro without consequence :band: ) some of the benefits such as regeneration, etc. If you look at BG Tweakpack (or is it Fixpack? ;) ) they have listed under cosmetic changes, werewolf rebalancing. And all the benefits that werewolf's are supposed to have. Are you guys having the exact same benefits, will it be compatible with the mod, etc. Desperately crave more info on that.

You have werewolf listed under race. What's the difference in terms of gameplay between this and a shapeshifter (besides all the extra goodies you are going to be adding?) Also some questions with that and the bard class. Will D be able to cast spells while in werewolf form? Does being in werewolf form in town have any consequences?? :D D still gets the same high end abilities as a bard right? Or do you have something special planned because she is werewolf? :band:

The rest I think are ez.

D is only BGII mod right, there won't be anything added for BG?

D planning on being compatable with BG Trilogy?

Release date? (or percent complete) (this one may actually be a little bit harder to answer than originally told :laugh: )

Seriously, you guys are wonderful! Keep up the hard work! I am really REALLY looking forward to this mod. :bday:

If you look at BG Tweakpack (or is it Fixpack? ) they have listed under cosmetic changes, werewolf rebalancing. And all the benefits that werewolf's are supposed to have. Are you guys having the exact same benefits, will it be compatible with the mod, etc. Desperately crave more info on that.

We really didn't tweak the form too much...it's been a while (and I'm not at my best), but it shouldn't be too outlandish from whatever is there.

What's the difference in terms of gameplay between this and a shapeshifter (besides all the extra goodies you are going to be adding?)

Not a whole lot of difference if you are talking playwise.

Will D be able to cast spells while in werewolf form?

No, but she will have some special 'howls' available.

Does being in werewolf form in town have any consequences??

The party will take a hit in reputation for having a werewolf in the group (much like Viconia being a drow does)

D still gets the same high end abilities as a bard right? Or do you have something special planned because she is werewolf?

The main difference is she starts with a much lower lore value than a regular bard (being stuck on an island would do it)

D is only BGII mod right, there won't be anything added for BG?

D planning on being compatable with BG Trilogy?

Only BG II, and no plans for the BG trilogy.

Release date? (or percent complete) (this one may actually be a little bit harder to answer than originally told

Sorry, no hard dates...I'm undergoing some serious shit at the moment. :)

No, but she will have some special 'howls' available.

Are they caused by selecting an appropriate flirt option? :)

Sorry, no hard dates...I'm undergoing some serious shit at the moment. :D
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things turn your way soon.
Are they caused by selecting an appropriate flirt option?

No, the howls will be available in wolf or lycanthrope form. For example, some higher power werewolves (in other sources) can howl which essentially causes an effect similar to the Fear spell...that is one of Del's howls.

However, there definitely will be specific wolf/werewolf flirts (such as her nipping at the ear), as well as a couple of lovetalks which will only occur in wolf/lycanthrope form (and the PC can access them whether by spell, being a druid, or having something like the cloak which turns one into a wolf...and yes, it will be available for sale elsewhere)

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things turn your way soon.

I'm sorry for the language...it's just it has really derailed everything. There are those who know what I'm talking about...it definitely sidelined the small projects I was going to get done (even the one for the third anniversary...)

Excuse me, could you tell me what Delainy/Durlyle's Death Variable is? I've started working on an NPC mod (don't worry, he's just an assassin ??? ), and there is a minor dialogue in which I would like to check if there are any bards in the party (it can be triggered if the PC is a bard only, and I've got a couple of new lines for when Haer'Dalis is in the party, but I wouldn't want to just ignore D in case he/she was in as well.) Don't worry, I don't intend on forcing her/him into saying anything new!

You don't need Death Variable for that, unless you name the bard - and then by the modding etiquette it is considered polite to talk the content over with the autor. If you just add lines in reaction to the "bard in the party" it will be:

OR(5)

Class(Player2,BARD)

Class(Player3,BARD)

Class(Player4,BARD)

Class(Player5,BARD)

Class(Player6,BARD)

That will cover any bard, inscluding a custom-made by the player.

You don't need Death Variable for that, unless you name the bard - and then by the modding etiquette it is considered polite to talk the content over with the autor.

So, if you make any "O#Xan" checks in version 8, you'll talk them over with me, first?

Well, if he does not exist in the game, he is sort of back to being BG1 character, but I guess you have a point as well. I'll get back to you once I am doing v 8. I think we used up enough of Delainey's time.

Archived